Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dr. Fred Bisci talks about the negative effects of Cacao raw chocolate
Posted by: Paul Nison ()
Date: March 16, 2009 08:33PM

Dr. Fred Bisci (www.fredbisci4health.com) talks about his experience with raw chocolate and also shares about the negative effects of cacao.

[paulnison.blogspot.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 08:34PM by Paul Nison.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dr. Fred Bisci talks about the negative effects of Cacao raw chocolate
Posted by: Omega ()
Date: March 16, 2009 09:56PM

Eat the cacao fruit pulp, not the seed.

The fruit is for eating and the seed is for planting to grow more fruit for eating which contains seeds for planting to grow more fruit for eating which contains seeds for planting to grow more fruit for eating ...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2009 10:01PM by Omega.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:07PM

Raw cacao is a healthy food.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:46PM

I don't think cacao is all that good for the body, My daughter had some and ended up haveing some visits with a cardiologist because her heart was beating to fast.

Date: March 17, 2009 03:44PM

Sorry to hear that about your daughter but people have taken to hospitals eating tomatoes, letuce, and any other food.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 17, 2009 03:48PM

In my opinion, and I'm not "adversely" affected by cacao, raw chocolate is a nutraceutical, and should be used sparingly as a food. Think of the way we typically don't binge on seaweed, say. Or in my case, crushed poppy seeds, whoo-boy!

pampam,

Remember that cacao is very high in magnesium; if your daughter is not deficient in this, any given amount of cacao might cause heart arrythmia. Also, one may be unknowingly allergic to it and find out the hard way, as with Kevin Gianni:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: March 17, 2009 05:55PM

ohh crushed poppy seeds? I have not tried them.

thanks for the tip Tamukkha
Pam

Posted by: Omega ()
Date: March 17, 2009 06:01PM

Cacao seed contains very strong natural amphetamines. It is bitter in its natural form.

In a clean body, cacao seed has a pronounced recreational drug effect.

IMO, its only redeeming quality is that it is "less bad" than conventional chocolate.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 17, 2009 06:15PM

I don't think cacao (IF YOU LIKE IT AND WANT IT) is entirely bad, as long as your diet primarily consists of fruits, vegetables, and sprouts (and juices/smoothies thereof).

Posted by: doghouse reilly ()
Date: March 18, 2009 12:00AM

madinah said:

"Sorry to hear that about your daughter but people have taken to hospitals eating tomatoes, letuce, and any other food."

Nobody has to go to the hospital because they ate lettuce. I doubt very strongly that you can provide a link for one single documented case of this occurring. This is just a way of misdirecting attention from the fact that a highly stimulating, chemically toxic food is a different animal completely than a mild food like lettuce.

Date: March 18, 2009 01:02AM

Here is a link. I can provide another one if you want.
[www.huffingtonpost.com]

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: March 18, 2009 01:10AM

crackao is not a health food, it is a drug, and has little to no nutritional value, maybe subtler drug then some herbs or plants or pharmaceuticals, but it is a stimulant, is enervating, and depletes the body of energy, not the other way around, many herbs, medicines, potions, appear to help the body, or "give" energy, or "cure" symptoms, but this a lie, and all are further imbalance the body, and depleting energy.

Date: March 18, 2009 01:47AM

madinah, come one! Those people were sickened by pathogens on the tomatoes; not by the tomatoes themselves! You might be sent to the hospital after eating tomatoes if you were actively allergic to them, but that's different.

Posted by: Ebhak ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:29AM

Come now, you neglect the story of my friend Walter who launched a lettuce head directly into his mouth at 300mph, demure lettuce is not as tame as she might seem. Walter had a wife, and kids, have you no compassion, no heart?!?!? Heed this tale! [when playing with lettuce cannons.]

Date: March 18, 2009 02:51PM

Lettuce canons--what an abominable waste of lettuce! Fie, fie I say!

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:21PM

as long as we are considering the relative extremes of lettuce consumption here:

i wish to propose the other end of the 3000 mph cannon infyour face cannon technique:

very peacefully sneak up on the lettuce plant whiloe it it still alive and growing, much like a rabbit or growndhog would, ...and very peacefully and calmly begin to munch away at it, being careful to leave enough of the apical meristem for a "second cutting". certainly there may be a possibilty of preserving some unknown and undiscovered enzymes and plant nutrients which may exist only in the 3 second or less "half life catagory".

hey.... and regarding the cacao thing? "gotta do what you gotta do" to learn.... so have fun figuring it out that everyone is gonna be different in more ways than one. i respect the sincerity of dr. fred bisci and paul nison, both of them offering and sharing their knowledge wisdom with all who are seeking to improve their health with raw foods.

wild dandelions are about ready to pop up here on the east coast for lotsa good salds and liver cleansing juice. potent stuff! i think ill cut mine with some carrot and apple with a twist of lemon.

juicin' john

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: March 18, 2009 09:46PM

Omega Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Eat the cacao fruit pulp, not the seed.
>
> The fruit is for eating and the seed is for
> planting to grow more fruit for eating which
> contains seeds for planting to grow more fruit for
> eating which contains seeds for planting to grow
> more fruit for eating ...

Ooh and it is so goo (the pulp). Now why can't we get the whole fruit here in the U.S

Date: March 18, 2009 10:28PM

zanjabil,

I've often wondered about this. Also about raw carob, which is supposed to be heavenly. Honestly, we should all get together and purchase a bit of Dutch Guyana and ignore the allusion to Jonestown and instead start our own massive organic/biodynamic raw foods farm. Dream big and often . . .

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 19, 2009 08:14AM

I think small amounts of raw chocolate on occasion is healthy. I just watched a neat video with Dr. Robert Cassar and he eats raw chocolate. He is one of the healthiest people I have ever seen!

Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 19, 2009 12:45PM

SuperGreens Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ....... I just watched a neat video with Dr.
> Robert Cassar and he eats raw chocolate. He is one
> of the healthiest people I have ever seen!
Could you provide a link to the video?
Don't think that raw cacao is the Road to Health...WY

Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables