Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

in place of popcorn
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 17, 2009 01:54AM

hey... my dad loves to go to the movies and he especially loves the popcorn and so did I but now that I am raw... i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions of something i could take in place of it... i like to munch at the movies as well... and don't want to be tempted... it would have to be something of the non sweet nature...as i am off of sugar for a bit...

thanks

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: in place of popcorn
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:11AM

I like to eat a bunch of grapes while watching a movie.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:17AM

carrots
cucumber
celerly

are easy to cut up and are crunchy

Posted by: rawrnr ()
Date: March 17, 2009 02:18AM

cauliflower, olive oil, salt - eat as is or put in dehydrator the day before!

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 17, 2009 06:38AM

broccoli trees

Date: March 17, 2009 01:19PM

Dried fruit- dates, raisins etc and nuts smiling smiley

Could also take a little pot of raw nut or seed butter to dip the dates/nuts into. Fatty... but yummy!

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 17, 2009 03:52PM

not that I should advise eating unconsciously/as a form of entertainment... smiling smiley

but lately I'm just LOVING spinach... simply eaten out of the bag, has its own savoury taste without adding any salt or anything.

Remember to check your teeth before coming out of the cinema though grinning smiley

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 17, 2009 08:35PM

How about dehydrating kale or collard greens to make 'chips'? They're delicious snack food, especially if you marinate them first in some sort of aromatic sauce.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 17, 2009 09:08PM

Right. The above suggestions are great. Some sprouted or raw nuts are a good idea....as are home-made dehydrated stuff!

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 17, 2009 09:11PM

We should eat with attention, watching a movie and eating is not healthy. It is not just because it raw that is healthy, the time, and the environment are important
[www.drbass.com]

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: March 17, 2009 10:28PM

I actually think plain popcorn with healthy toppings on it is a great transitional food, it's basically air compared to other cooked foods and it has that dry crunch people miss in cooked foods.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 18, 2009 03:31AM

all of these are wonderful Ideas... though i do not have a dehydrator... been wondering about the oven method... turning it on to 170 F...it's as low as mine goes and using the turn it off for 20 minutes then back on...20 minutes...then off... anybody know if this works...???

Yes of course i have thought about the eating mindlessly while watching a movie... and maybe this is an opportunity for me to challenge this side of me... i do have tendencies toward binge eating and maybe not having anything at all would be a good thing for me... though i'm starting to not enjoy this raw foods because it seems that i can't really enjoy anything anymore... though i do enjoy my meals very much so... i feel so high maintenance... hard to go out to eat... hard to travel...hard to go to a movie or spend time with people.. as food always seems to be an issue... it's frustrating...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 18, 2009 08:26AM

luvyuu

... though I'm starting to not enjoy this raw foods because it seems that i can't really enjoy anything anymore...

That poses a very interesting question about what a person values more. It reminds me of something I heard years ago that went something like this: "As a young person you have the body God gave you but as an old person you have the body you give to yourself". I always interpreted this to mean that your born with good health and then your lifestyle choices take effect in a cause --> effect relationship. I think everyone making choices experiences the frustrations you mention at least to some extent. Maybe a compromise can be found ? For me I have rationalized my way into a compromise a few times and each time I have experienced a "slip" as a result. I have found "slips" very difficult to recover from in terms of being all raw and the bummer for me is that compromised raw yields compromised results. I find myself unwilling to live without the best mental and physical health possible. I certainly appreciate the frustrations you are feeling. I guess each person has to sort all this out for themselves.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/18/2009 08:35AM by EZ rider.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables