Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
The "Law of Continuous Improvement"
Posted by: Wheatgrass Yogi ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:12AM

I thought I had coined-a-phrase, but when I
Googled it, there were 7 results. Not one result referred
to the Physical Body, but seemed to be aimed at improving
Sales in the business world. I'm suggesting that with the
"Law of Continuous Improvement", we can improve ourselves,
both Physically and Mentally, to ever increasing heights.
I'm also suggesting that it can be done through Diet and
Exercise alone, minute by minute, hour by hour, day by day,
etcetera.
Does anyone have another Method?...maybe Meditation, but I
don't think it's necessary.....WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2009 02:14AM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The "Law of Continuous Improvement"
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 19, 2009 02:34PM

WY,

Copyright issue! Call your attorney! No real disgreements with your post. In fact, totally second the idea that the Raw Life is one of continuous and perhaps imperceptible self-improvement. Here's the quibble: I wouldn't say improvement, rather, perfection--self-perfection. Meditation may be one aspect of this, but not a separate path, imo. But better to leave that question to our Bryan : )

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 19, 2009 09:03PM

I like that phrase, it's nice. I think meditation is wonderful. And some kind of exersize that's not too hard on the bones. Yoga works great for me. As we all assume, health is more than just food...

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: March 20, 2009 02:29AM

great idea yogi..

perhaps some considideration towards the emotional brain would add a little more horsepower to the concept?

does anybody know if the vagus neve and the solar plexus connect in any way?

i tend to believe that conscious... ness is possible in each of our physical, mental and emotional aspects. meditation is nice and quiet making it easy to tune in.

yes ...the law of continuous improvement ......has a nice sound to it!

so what if you can't see how much the plant grows in one day ...check it a month later and you're bound to see something.

jj

Date: March 20, 2009 06:39PM

In order for the Physical Body to make
continuous improvement, many parameters apply. The
most important being the Colon. Start with a good
internal 'wash'.
Kwan posted earlier on the Five Talismans of Numinous
Treasure....quoting "..To strive for complete avoidance
of all death, Keep your intestines free of excrement!"

Now, I think I've talked myself into doing this. No more
talk or conjecture until I have something 'earth shattering'
to report...WY

Posted by: Maxi ()
Date: March 20, 2009 11:43PM

Hello Wonderful connecting with all of you as I am a raw food rookie as of today. I agree with your "Law" however, I would rename it "the Law of Continuous Consciousness"...as I feel improvement is consciousness. Changing old behaviors, gaining awareness, balancing chakras. I agree with Yoga...love it, helps keep me grounded and connected with Earth, as does surfing when I live near the Ocean, thank EVERYTHING for Yoga for being a consistent meditation form always available...

Ok, so another thing that has been helping me continually improve, or gain consciousness, has been going on "speech fasts". I have been guided to this point in my life, as my vocal chords were injured and a node developed on my voical chords due to improper usage, Beautiful how sickness helps us improve as well over all. The only way to heal a node is by going on "vocal rest" or in the spiritual realm, what is known as "voice fast". So, that is the main reason why I am going raw, to heal my voice as this voice rest does not seem to be healing my node quick enough. Though I am prepared to stay on this speech fast, until my node heals, subsequently balancing my throat chakra.

Anyways, I am sure some of you have heard about voice fasts. Mine has opened up immense gateways to healing and the gaining consciousness. Just as we all watch what we eat to heal our bodies; watching what we think, do, and say, is just as important. As we begin healing our minds and thought processes, and our consciousness rises to connect us with us in our most pure and loving light. It's not easy going on a voice fast, for the only way to communicate is through email, or note writing. Though the benefits are endless, and I would recommend a voice fast for anyone who has; stress, negative thoughts they would like to change, negative reactions to others negativity, issues with acceptance of self, impatience tendencies, or at times talking without thinking, or for anyone who has some problems expressing what they feel about anything and everything in a loving way i.e. doing or saying things we don't mean. I have suffered from all of these symptoms and am now in the process of healing them. Voice fasting has helped immensely, I will probably continue to fast on and off until I am being completely true to the pure unconditional love that I am and clear all negative thoughts and thought patterns.

Blessed Journeys All

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 21, 2009 12:05AM

Awesome post, Maxi. You know, about your voice fasts, I've been considering doing a Dathun, which is 30-days of sitting meditation in silence. It's a Shambhala Buddhist practice, and you do it with the same group of people in a monastery or retreat center. In fact, there's one at Karme Choling in Maine this spring, and if you've recently lost your job, it's half off the price of food, lodging, and the practice. Or, $600 for an entire month of doing and saying nothing with others who are doing and saying nothing.

Date: March 21, 2009 01:57AM

Maxi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hello Wonderful connecting with all of you as I am
> a raw food rookie as of today. I agree with your
> "Law" however, I would rename it "the Law of
> Continuous Consciousness"...as I feel improvement
> is consciousness.
That's fine if you see it this way. My main concern
at this point is 'methodology'. I've been suggesting that Diet
alone (with exercise) can propel us into the Heavenlies....no need
to Meditate, even though it may help. And not just any Diet will
do. It must be Pure Food Diet. So without revealing any more at
this time, I begin my Journey. Best Wishes to all of you on yours...WY

Date: March 22, 2009 12:48AM

maxi

really nice information.

thank you for sharing.

jj

Date: March 22, 2009 03:09AM

This message of Continuous Improvement is
important. I wonder how Jesus felt in John 6 when he
was preaching on Eternal Life, and several of his Disciples
said something like....."this is a hard message, who can
hear it?".....they didn't say 'who can do it', but rather
'who can even listen to it?'
Anyway, I challenge each of you to find your Path, and be
one-pointed in staying on it....WY

[bible.crosswalk.com]

Date: March 22, 2009 03:51PM

you have made some good points here which can help yogi.

a few thoughts which have manifested in my thoughts are:

"man does not live by bread alone,but from every word which comes from the WORD OF GOD".

no doubt that our bodies are the temple of our soul and it would be totally disrespectful to allow such a wonderful gift from GOD to fall into sickness anddisrepair thereby rendering it far less efficient in its abilities to carry us on this earthly journey where each of us have need of accomplishing something specific in the manner of spiritual accomplishments.

i agree that having our bodies strong and healthy is an important part of the overall thing but there is no such thing as an automatic sequence which will fall into place just because of a health body. there are many pitfalls we can become victims of and not evan realize it.

a healthy body is only one of the aspects of our wholistic developements.

a type of bread which may be termed supersustantial from the original translation from the greek septuigent manuscripts is a spiritual counterpart to the "foodly" kind of bread which sustains our bodies. man is a three fold creation and must develope on all of these three levals.

not any easy task by any means. definitely requireing alot of work and stick-to-it-tiveness. the body is the external "component" of our existences and it has been said many times that "THE KINDOM OF HEAVAN is within".

"having eyes but not seeing and ears but not hearing"

certainly makes it almost impossible for those in such a predicament to ever see or hear.... since they think that in deed do see and hear quite well. the cup is already full and has no capacity to recieve anything with out spilling over.

please dont take this the wrong way ...my only intent is to kindly offer something which may be helpful. actually i feel like i have not hardly evan "scratched the suface layer" of something very deep.

thank you for your continuous input,

jj

Date: March 22, 2009 05:10PM

"You are here to enable the Divine purpose of the Universe
to unfold. That is how important you are".....Eckhart Tolle
JJ....You have a good View. I also see that you're
well-versed in the Bible.
We must all walk our own Path. I'm using simple Raw Food Diet
as mine. As Jesus said..."My yoke is easy."....meaning my
Yoga is easy...and the burden is light...WY

Posted by: Manolie ()
Date: March 22, 2009 06:16PM

Dear Wheatgrass Yogi, I teach a different form of yoga which I have practiced since age six. This month I turned 73. It was taught to me by my grandfather when he was 110 (though a French history of Laos would have had his age as 97 at the time---our famly knows better.) This form, which I labeled "Walking Meditation," is all done standing. Cleansing toxins from different parts of the body (and you can literally feel which parts) is done by keeping one foot as the base and moving the other foot's position in a series of moves while using the same exercises. My grandfather was one of the last kings of Laos. He taught me that "no one needs to grow old, but, if you don't want to grow old, you have to be a good steward of your body." He passed away at 115, still strong and healthy. When he first prophesied his death six weeks before he died, I asked him: "Grampa, you are a healthy man, why did you tell the family you are going to die?" He replied, "Because it is the fullness of my time." He had told the family that he was telling them because he was going to ride around (by horseback) "....to say goodbye to my people." He saddled his own horse and did just that for four weeks. When he returned, he told the family that two weeks from that day he was going to die, and he was telling them so they would call his sons and daughters home so he could give them each a blessing before he died. With everyone in town (Xiengkhouangville, Laos) talking about when the king was going to die, the three French doctors came to the palace the morning of his prophecy and asked permission to give him a physical. They each knew him well, but they left shaking their heads still knowing that he was in fine health. That evening, with all but one of his children present, including my mother, he told the children the future of the family. He said that he was the last king in our line and that when he left they would owe their loyalty to the king in Luang Prabang (the religious capitol); that he had sent all the gold, silver, and elephants (including mine) there; that he had given the royal lands to families (even to a second, third, etc. family) who could make it bear a crop, and that he had given each of us educations and that was our "land" and would go with us wherever we went. Then, having given the individual blessings, as he had once given one to me, he went over and lay down on the marble area in front of a shrine which was built into one wall of "The Silent Room" where we normally gathered three times each day to meditate and pray (to which even visitors and friends were always welcome, but maintained silence while there, so as not to disturb others). He folded his arms and his spirit left his body. His body remained soft and warm, but he no longer inhabited his body. Two weeks later, a son who had missed this event, because he had been ambassador to England, returned and paid his respects to grandfather's body. There had been no putrefaction of the body, and my grandfather had told the family they were not to wear black for his funeral, but to wear white as "it is not a sad occasion, I have accomplished what I came to learn and to do." With that a pyre was built on the soccer field and there was a long procession with the family members in white and others wearing some black. Everything was shut down for the funeral of the only king anyone in that part of Laos had ever had. On the way to the soccer field there was a tropical downpour. Everyone and everything, including the pyre was soaked. When they tried to light the pyre for the cremation, it was so wet it wouldn't light, and they sent two of my first cousins back to town to open a business and get some kerosene or gasoline with which to start the fire. Before they could return to the soccer field, lightning hit the pyre and started the fire which cremated my grandfather's body. The tradition still exists among people who knew him that, if his picture is taken into a room having a person possessed of an evil spirit, the evil spirit(s) will leave rather than coexist with his photograph in that room. He was a truly extraordinary man, and he told his people "There is no difference between you and me; we each chose our parents for what we needed to learn, I for what I needed to learn, and you for what you needed to learn, otherwise there is no difference." I became the first Christian in my family at age eight, after my mother had sewn a white dress for me to be baptized in. It was finished just after my eighth birthday. My grandfather, when he heard that I wanted to be baptized a Christian "like the missionary family next door," went into his study and brought out a well-worn New Testament in French. He told me to study it with my mother "so you will know what you are getting into." We did, and I often heard him quoting whole passages from the Bible when talking to his people and discussing matters with visitors and officials. I have taken too much of your time, but I want to encourage you and your friends in continuing to pursue your path and "Law of Continuous Improvement," for indeed we are all here to learn and accomplish that for which we chose our parents in the pre-existence. Love, Manolie

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 22, 2009 08:15PM

Manolie,

I am weeping as I write this to thank you for granting us the privilege of learning this holy fragment of your family's history. Please, please write these accounts down for your grandchildrens' grandchildren. You will thereby bless them with a knowledge only a minute fraction of the earth's people has ever had the rare fortune to enjoy.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: March 22, 2009 08:53PM

What a beautiful, holy story, Manolie!

Date: March 23, 2009 02:21AM

Dear Manolie...Thank you for sharing the story of your
early life with your Grandfather. I'm sure I can speak for everyone
here in saying we are very touched.
Your form of Yoga (Walking Meditation) sounds like a combination of
meditation and exercise. Your Grandfather's quote "you have to be a
good steward of your body" opens some interesting conversation since
he lived to age 115, and could have lived much longer. Perhaps you
could share some of his Diet with us? I find that most enlightened
beings eat a typical cooked-food Vegetarian diet, and die relatively
early, as the body just wears out. A couple I could name have even
died of Cancer.
Your Grandfather had Powers that I, so far, have only read about. My
favorite book is Paramahansa Yogananda's "Autobiography of a Yogi". He
possessed great mental powers, but neglected his body. However, at his
death, like your Grandfather, there was no decay of his body several
weeks afterward. Yogananda willed his own death (again like
your Grandfather) and passed away with a large crowd in full view.
Please share more with us if the Spirit moves you....WY

Posted by: Maxi ()
Date: March 23, 2009 03:15AM

Manolie,

Thank you for that sharing your Grandfather with us and some history. It is all beautiful and so sweet.

Date: March 23, 2009 04:31PM

thank you manolie.

jj

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 23, 2009 08:24PM

Yes, thank you Manolie! Hope you visit with us often. smiling smiley

Posted by: cynthia ()
Date: March 23, 2009 10:57PM

Thank you Manolie,

Please share again with us in visiting and posting when ever you wish. Will you explain more about walking meditation ?

love

Cynthia

Date: March 28, 2009 12:54PM

Dear Friends: I would like to share two quotations from two very different men with very different backgrounds. I believe these men had insights worthy of inclusion in our "Law of Continuous Improvement":

"Nobody grows old by merely living a number of years. People grow old by deserting their ideals. You are as young as your faith, as old as your doubt; as young as your self-confidence, as old as your fear; as young as your hope, as old as your despair."

-- Douglas MacArthur, General

"Ever since I was a child I have had this instinctive urge for expansion and growth. To me, the function of a quality human being is the sincere and honest development of one's potential."

-- Bruce Lee, 1940-1973, Chinese-American Actor, Director, Author, Martial Artist --

Date: April 05, 2009 05:47AM

The question was asked about my grandfather's diet: lots of fruits and vegetables, no four-legged meats; he did eat two-legged, such as chickens, ducks, game birds, plus fish. Manolie

Date: April 05, 2009 06:22AM

I see the "Law of Continuous Improvement" as follows....
Pertaining to Diet alone, an individual decides to eliminate something
destructive from his (her) diet. From that moment on, the body (both
physically and mentally) starts to improve. After a while, the improvement
begins to slow down...it's now time to eliminate something else destructive
and/or add something constructive. The body again begins to improve. This
act of Elimination-Addition is continued until the body becomes Pure (or
close to it). Great things are possible if we only Dare....WY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/05/2009 06:32AM by Wheatgrass Yogi.

Date: April 05, 2009 10:27AM

Manolie Wrote:
> The question was asked about my grandfather's
> diet: lots of fruits and vegetables, no
> four-legged meats; he did eat two-legged, such as
> chickens, ducks, game birds, plus fish.
Thank you again for sharing part of your
amazing Grandfather with us. He reminds me a little bit
of the Venician nobleman Luigi Cornaro, who lived to be
102, after his physicians had given up on him at age 40,
unless he changed his Diet.
If we could impose on you once more, would you share more
of your 'Walking Meditation' with us, or direct us to a source?
You are so fortunate to know what you know....WY

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: April 06, 2009 01:23AM

"Law of Continuous Improvement"

Ah, the life of a martial artist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2009 02:51PM

Wheatgrass Yogi Wrote:
> In order for the Physical Body to make
> continuous improvement, many parameters apply.

> Kwan posted earlier on the Five Talismans of
> Numinous
> Treasure....quoting "..To strive for complete
> avoidance
> of all death, Keep your intestines free of
> excrement!"

Yes, this seems to be the way. I recall it was once porported in the bible that people lived some 900 years and yogis from India are porported to have done similar. Additionally there is some valley where people routinely live to 125 in great health by eating extremely little. To me, however, I go back to the logic of what our ancestors (cave-persons) must have done...and how often they must have been without foods.

Whether or not we can imporove continiously, as in no end, has yet to be seen...what is more likely true is that there is a level of health and well being that has not ever been experienced (yet) and it would seem that we are continiously improving as long as we have not reached that state yet. That's my two cents anyways.

It is a nice phrase though...why not go copyright it? Sounds like a great book title too. smiling smiley

Let us know when that book is coming out, k?

Date: April 10, 2009 11:00PM

I will add occasionally to my grandfather's story: "At age 15 he told his father that he wanted to visit the royal family in England (in 1848). With his father's permission he packed for what amounted to "a Marco Polo in reverse" of land traveland made it as far as Persia, where he was received well as the royal guest he was. On his return to Laos, his father told his older brothers that when the father would die, my grandfather would be the king (and not those older brothers.) Shortly after his father's death, grandfather's two older brothers came to him and told him that they wanted to also be allowed to live in the palace. Grandfather said they would be allowed to, but that, if they were to do so, they and their families would have to keep the family traditions. Asked what he was referring to, grandfather used as one example that 'when the people plant their crops, we plant also, so that when the people offer their taxes, we in turn can offer them quality (even improved) seeds with which they can start their planting the following year.' When the brothers said that they did not accept his terms, grandfather told them that he would build fine homes for them and their family members, but that they would not be allowed to live inside the palace. Grandfather was also an early devotee of caring for the land and fauna. One of his rules was that permission for cutting down trees would be granted, provided that for every tree cut down, three similar species of trees would be planted as replacements to preserve the soils from erosion, and produce an enlarged resource."

We, here in the Americas, live in a virtual "palace" whose natural beauties are rarely surpassed. It is still possible, but in steadily diminishing areas, to "live off the land," But the historic slaughter of our bison herds, and the slash and burn farming of critical areas in our hemisphere, are a far cry from the "stewardship of the land" that my grandfather taught and practiced. Many of today's massive commercial farms which have absorbed the less profitable family farms, are also practicing poor stewardship when they take but do not replace the nutrients and develop the natural enzymes which are needed, if we are to have the healthy, nourishing foods essential to a quality life experience. I chuckle at the label which promotes "organic maple syrup" for I cannot recall (at least until now) a sugar maple which was given chemical fertilizers, or sprayed with pesticides---though the current New England infestation of beetles from China may cause major threats to "organic maple syrup." What characterized grandfather was a concern for the future. Today we call that "being farsighted." It seems that today we are too often only as farsighted as our back pocket. Hopefully, as in grandfather's case, one person can still make a difference. Manolie

Date: April 18, 2009 10:16PM

[Life]..."does get easier. The more you remember, the more you are able to experience, the more you know, so to speak. And the more you know, the more you remember. It is a circle. So yes, it gets easier, it gets better, it becomes even more joyful." (Page 157 of Conversations with God, book 1, by Neale Donald Walsch)

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: April 18, 2009 10:42PM

id say dicsipline is a factor,especially in the beggining. then it comes easier as you get into a healthier groove

Date: April 19, 2009 12:15AM

Yes, it is Discipline. The "Law of Continuous Improvement"
is difficult, because there always seems to be something that 'breaks'
the continuity....When that happens, we should make adjustments. Over
and over again, make adjustments until you're satisfied.
It could be called the "Law of Continual Adjustments".....WY

Pages: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables