Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kinda silly question\
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: March 20, 2009 05:50AM

i was looking through the pix of who is on this website and saw a pic of a young man eating the outside of the watermelon. can you really do that and if so what other fruits veggies could you wholey eat. this made me so curious. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kinda silly question\
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: March 20, 2009 11:31AM

I've never done it, but I don't see why you couldn't....I'm sure (my opinion) that it wouldn't harm you. As to the taste though, I can't vouch for it. smiling smiley

Feel free to try the rinds and peels or greens of many items that aren't traditionally eating if they taste good to you and make you feel good.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 20, 2009 12:42PM

I eat the seeds that come packaged by nature inside the foods that I eat. I chew them well with my molars and then eat some of the food that they just came from. All fresh and good raw food.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 20, 2009 02:04PM

volcomchick,

Here's an interesting post re: watermelon rind from RawModel on YouTube:
[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 20, 2009 03:43PM

i'll always juice the rinds ( for the chlorophyll)

mild juice... not the most richest source of chlorophyll but not to be wasted either

Date: March 20, 2009 05:24PM

thanks all of you,
yeah i just thought that i would ask. i want to be getting as much nutrition as possible and was curious if any nutrients were hidden from what i normally dont eat. thanks, i have to get a juicer now so i can juice for chlorophyll. thanks. it just got me thinking cause i eat apple, pear, cherry, and so on skins, what dont i eat the rest. i know its a silly question but it got me thinking and wondering myself

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: March 21, 2009 07:32AM

also i'm sure u heard of it but the white pithy part of citrus fruits are loaded with good stuff like rutin, bioflavanoids and other goodies

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: March 21, 2009 07:45AM

HI All,

Yes... watermelon rinds make a great juice AND also help flush the kidneys according to the juiceman Jay Kordich.

What's great about raw foods is that they don't just address one thing, they provide multiple benefits to the body. I don't think I would eat the rind though. My teeth ain't in the greatest shape either.

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Date: March 21, 2009 08:04AM

oh i didnt know that. i just remember my grandpa always saying keep as much as the white stuff around the oranges on as possible. he never told me why but i just did when younger. thanks for letting me know why i did this for so long. ive just been making orange juice for so long i forgot how good oranges were eatin whole. thanks for refreshing my memory about the white part of oranges. now i actually know what is in the white pithy part.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables