Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Does This Look Like A Standard CO-OP?
Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: March 21, 2009 03:23PM

There's harldy any food. What there is is really expesive IMO, and the rest is crafts and cooked stuff? I was just wonder ing if Oklahoma is not "with it" as is the case with so many things here. Looks like a flea market to me. <shrug?>

[www.oklahomafood.coop]

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Does This Look Like A Standard CO-OP?
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: March 21, 2009 04:04PM

Yes, it looks pretty pricey and aimed at people with plenty of bucks to spend to me, too! Reminds me of the farmer's markets that come here in the spring, summer and fall to Harvard Square in Cambridge, whose residents are overwhelmingly very wealthy: they sell some vegetables and fruits, but they also sell pricey leather and suede tote bags, condiments, over-priced honey (not raw-- I guess it's no longer legal), jewelry, gourmet breads and so forth.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Re: Does This Look Like A Standard CO-OP?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 21, 2009 04:12PM

wendy,

This looks like a standard co-op of the Midwest to me: grass fed meats(I think out there they tend more toward kooky Weston A. Price-ism), many family farms with seasonal and/or organic raw vegetables and fruits, small-scale natural bakeries, natural body care products. I imagine out in the Plains it's much like here in the Great Lakes region--a pathological inability to not turn everything into a craft mall : )

Let's give them a hand for trying, eh? They're doing a better job than most of the South.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables