Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Roll Call
Posted by: pippin07 ()
Date: March 22, 2009 01:11AM

Greetings!

I am curious as to how many folks on this forum have been able too maintained there raw food food diet for over a year with no slip ups.

Thank you kindly for your participation. :-)

Ready? GO!

Denise

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Roll Call
Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 22, 2009 01:21AM

Happy to say, no slip-ups here. smiling smiley

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 22, 2009 01:45AM

In the last year I had one slip but it was a doosy. I continued on at high raw but I couldn't keep some cooked food out of my diet. It took me 6 weeks to get back to 100% all fresh raw vegan foods. I was doing fine before rationalizing my way into a bite of cooked food and I have done fine since climbing back up the cliff I fell off after that one bite but I had to learn to say "NO" to that first bite of cooked food. I get it now - cooked food is addictive.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 22, 2009 02:07AM

PS to my post above.

I guess it depends on how you count my "slip". If you count the 6 week time period as a slip then I had one slip last year but if you count each time I had something cooked during that 6 weeks then I slipped a bunch of times. But then slips arn't what counts - its learning from the slip or slips that leads to success.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 02:11AM by EZ rider.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: March 22, 2009 04:14AM

I agree EZ!

And it seems that even after staying raw, there's STILL a learning process (thank goodness!), and plenty of room for improvement, in my case. smiling smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2009 04:25AM by suncloud.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: March 22, 2009 05:45AM

No slip-ups.

Posted by: irena ()
Date: March 28, 2009 12:00AM

Major slip up here this winter. Finally after 12 days of water fasting and 1 week juice fasting I was able to get back on track. EZ rider you are so right about saying no to cooked alltogether. I realized for the first time in my life how addictive cooked foods can be. Painful experience but definitely have learned a lot from it.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: March 28, 2009 02:20AM

Hi All,

I agree,cooked food is VERY addictive. The last 2 days I gave into my craving for fried eggs. While these have been my only cooked meals it seems that as soon as I finished them I wanted some potato chips, then I ate a Philly soft pretzel tonite b4 work. All I could think about was having a pepsi which I haven't had since b4 Christmas. Finally, something I read in '12 steps to raw' clicked on in my brain.... food is SUPPOSED to be for nutrition, not for fullness, comfort, or anything else.

I have times when I've gone 4-5 days with nothing cooked or denatured but then I 'allow' (excuse) myself with the 'I'm still in transition' line. On the positive side I haven't had any meat except 1 time since 1/1/09.

Still, it's a marathon...not a sprint. I have total confidence I'll get to 100% b4 long.

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: March 28, 2009 12:51PM

Depends on what you mean by "slip-up." I have been at least 80% raw since January of 2008, and that's what I wanted to be at the time. Then around early or mid 2008, I decided to be 99%, and I maintained that. Now I'm around 100% for a month or so and that's what I want. No "slip-ups" here. I have been considered a raw foodist the whole time (75% or more raw). I've always been at least as raw as I decided to be.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2009 12:52PM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: March 31, 2009 11:31AM

No slip-ups for almost 3 1/2 yrs. smiling smiley And it just keeps getting easier & more enjoyable.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables