Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

breakfast
Posted by: michelemm ()
Date: February 28, 2013 02:23PM

if not fruit, what would someone have for breakfast on raw?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: breakfast
Posted by: arawnut ()
Date: February 28, 2013 04:06PM

I had sunburgers topped with almond cheese and a slice of tomatoe on each one and a can of Natural olives. Very filling to me.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 28, 2013 06:42PM

I have salads for breakfast sometimes. I did for a couple of days this week.

Date: March 02, 2013 08:53PM

what are sunburgers? are they gluten free?

Yes, I have been eating salads for breakfast as wellsmiling smiley
Thanks

Date: March 18, 2013 08:13PM

HI Scott

Thanks! I dont have a blender yet... I am not much of a smoothie person.. struggling in this area, but hoping to switch things up soon.

veggies, veggies, veggies... my life. !

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 19, 2013 01:15AM

"Starting the day with a green smoothie, a fruit-and-vegetable blend that can include kale or another leafy green would keep you fresh and energetic throughout the day."

Same here! I will frequently start with a green smoothie. I will make enough to constantly drink throughout the morning. I have a job where I can do this, I realize not all are able to.

Other than that, 2 or 3 bananas usually get me going.

Date: March 19, 2013 02:48AM

OMG, I would not go to the bathroom for days if I had 2 or 3 bananas.

Hmm... I need a blender.

Posted by: veganjuice ()
Date: March 19, 2013 03:15AM

michelemm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> OMG, I would not go to the bathroom for days if I
> had 2 or 3 bananas.
>
> Hmm... I need a blender.

Really? I've not heard of that occurring...If I'm in a "banana mood" (lol) I may eat up to 8 or so a day.

I encourage you to get a decent high speed blender (Waring/Blendtec/Vita-Mix) if you can swing it. These powerful models will liquify anything you put in it, making for a very enjoyable smoothie.

Waring is probably the least expensive; I have the 1000 XT model & have used it hard for probably two years now without any problems. Don't be fooled into thinking you need to buy a more expensive unit.

My personal feelings on that is you largely are paying for the name...

winking smiley

Date: March 19, 2013 03:57AM

gotcha. thanks.

Only issue is I am in a doctorate program with a stipend and very little extra, but I can only hope and dream.... awwww

what about the ninja chopper.. i could at least use this to make my life a little easier.. but still not juicing.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 19, 2013 09:18PM

I used to think that about bananas also Michelle, however, after doing some reading regarding only eating fruits when they are ripe, I know realize that most of my life, the bananas that I have eaten have been under ripe. They, apparently, are not truly ripe until they develop the brown spots on skin. If eaten that way, they are not supposed to be constipating from what I understand. It will definitely take some getting used to for me as I prefer them more firm, but I know it is the only way that they are good for my body.

I really REALLY think that you need to buy a blender. If you have the funds to do so, I would recommend that you get a Vita Mix or one of the other highly rated super type blenders.

Do you have a juicer??

Blessings!

Mindy

Date: March 20, 2013 01:18AM

no juicersad smiley and definitely do not funds for a vitamix!

I can always mash the bananas up myself... gross.

Posted by: mindy66 ()
Date: March 21, 2013 02:25AM

Ok, sooooo.....Michelle, I highly recommend trying to save a little money for one or the other. If you use Facebook you can post up to your friends that you are in need of a juicer, let's say, and wonder if any of them have one that they are not using that you could either borrow or buy for cheap.

I did this for my daughter and a sweet friend of ours just gave her a juicer. While it's not a top of the line juicer, it juices and she is using it!!! Total blessing!!

Go to Goodwill or such places and see if you get lucky!!

Will pray that you will be provided with a juicer and/or blender soon.

Mindy

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 21, 2013 01:59PM

yeah, you could green juices or smoothies or both. Sometimes I do a juice of celery, berries, carrots. Then I use the juice to make a green smoothie with Spring Mix (leaves, etc). Green smoothies add lots of minerals to the diet.

my juicer: Omega 8006
my Blender: hamilton beach Tempest HBH650

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables