Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

hi everyone just checking in
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:25PM

Hope everyones doing well,

Im quite suprised by my progress. Im doing quite well!

Still following the food combining as well as I can, and really learning a little bit more about it each day!
Ive noticed due to my combining and what and how Im eating I can control / manage my abdominal pain/ bloating much much better!

Im still eating mostly fruits,

Im now eating mangos, and dried mulberrys (wich is part of my new question)

otherwise, my diet typically untill mid afternoon, 3pmish is all fruits.

Im eating dried figs, bananas Regularly.

Now Ive started eating watermelon as the first thing I eat in the morning.

cherimoyas every now and then, but they are quite sweet..
Im also going to start eating grapes and see how those do.

Ive been eating salads as well during my meals and including them for helping my digestion.

I can eat some seeds and nuts as well.

The cooked foods I am eating, wich is atMOST once a day are millet, quinoa, amaranth, and this protein bread I buy wich is made from kamut, millet, amaranth water and salt, I usually put some raw sprouted almond butter on it and eat it with a salad.

Yesterday I did bake some yam, carrot, zuccini and eggplant wich was DELICIOUS..

Im still noticing some abdominal discomfort tho, typically at night, and it seems to be in my lower abdomin. My last colonoscopy showed no inflammation in my large intestine (from my ulcerative colitis) and that my colon looks FINE.
Im still on prednisone, tapering off tho at 25mg currently, starting 20mg monday. =]

So my few questions... Are all dried fruits consider sweet fruit?

Ive been eating Dried mullberries, but Im not sure if I can combine those with bananas, figs or mangoes? Or if I should eat them in between with salad (wich is what Ive been doing)

I also drink quite a bit of coconut water during the day,
I was hoping for some advice, should I drink coconut water COmpletely on an empty stomach? Or how long should I wait before or after eating other fruits/ food?

Usually Ive been drinking them in between my banans or fig meals, either to hydrate while riding my bike or wich salad..
Is this going to halter my digestion and cause putrification?

The other thing, diabetes is something Ive been wondering about. Is it absurd to think that to much fruit/dried fruit in general can cause diabetes? I cant seem tofind much information on it..

Over all, I feel much better on this diet then I have with my condition! I think Im truely healing. I guess we will see as I get off this anti-inflammatory steroids huh?

Anyone have any other adivce I might have missed? As far as helping with digestion..
I do try mono meals, but they just dont fill me up and I get quite hungry very soon after... I have a very fast matablosim, so I believe my calorie intake is closer to 3000 a day.. Im 135lbs now, and Im quite solid muscle again, but that isnt my main focus..

Oh, and what about carrob powder? Ive been quite interested in experimenting with this.. Any recipe ideas people can throw at me? smoothies? "ice creams" involving the foods I eat? maybe new salad ideas? I havent been eating to much avocado and it seems to be helping, I think it may be hard to digest all the fat from avocado.. I may try it in my salad tonight with the left over baked veggies. =]

Much love friends, I hope your all doing LOVELY! <3

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: hi everyone just checking in
Date: March 28, 2009 07:29PM

Also, I went to a acupunturist, who did this alergy test on me.

"pain and allergy relief clinic"
www.drwalttatsuno.com

www.biomeridian.com

To my understanding they perform the test using my cells and skin tissues thru energy/electricity.

Im allery to all wheat, gluten, dairy, clams, shell fish, walnuts, garbonzo beans, flour, buckwheat, chocolate, Soy, hazelnut etc. etc. et.cif anyone has and information on these websites or is curious check them out and let me know what you think!thankies.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 28, 2009 08:22PM

herbalgerbals,

So, so glad you posted to let us know how you are doing; I worry about you smiling smiley
Sounds like you are on the road to recovery, and I'm especially impressed by how well you seem to be "reading" your body--it's a life skill few people master! You seem to have a pretty wholesome raw diet, and the part that's cooked is good, too.

I'd eat the dried mulberries with greens rather than fresh fruits. I think one would have to consume nothing but dried fruits, and in huge amounts, to induce a pancreas disorder. Remember, they're a concentrated source of sugar, but also of fiber, which slows their digestion way down. No one has ever proven in the slightest, mere suggestion of a way that eating a lot of whole fruit causes diabetes. Drinking vats and vats of pasteurized, filtered fruit juice, on the other hand . . .

I put coconut water into a smoothie with other tropical fruit, like mangoes or papaya, and banana, and have good energy from that with no stomach disturbance at all. You are athletic, so maybe drink it as you would Gatorade: after a workout to replace electrolytes. I'm sure it's helping you tremendously.

Not surprised that you're allergic to the "usual suspects." That's typical for people with inflammatory intestine or bowel disorders. I suspect that the allergies are actually causal, and eventually gastroenterology will figure that out[sigh].

Lastly, I find that raw carob powder is nice mixed with mashed up banana; it's unusual but pleasant tasting. Kind of a winey, earthier version of chocolate, if that makes sense. Give carob try and see how you do.

Stay well and keep us posted, dear.

Date: March 28, 2009 08:29PM

I eat lots of dried figs each day.

So eating to many dried fruits can cause pancreas disorder? Ill have to take it easier on the dried fruit... I really love em tho ahah..

Date: March 28, 2009 08:37PM

"So eating to many dried fruits can cause pancreas disorder?"

No, no, no! Read what I wrote again! You'd have to eat them in huge amounts, and almost to the exclusion of anything else. How many dried figs are you eating? I imagine your digestive disorder couldn't tolerate large amounts, so maybe you are being too hard on yourself? Look, if you are eating enough green things, on balance, and limiting your fats to small amounts of raw ones, you are not going to destroy your pancreas. You're just not. Good food is your friend. Please remember that : )

Date: March 28, 2009 11:05PM

Well, I love em.. and I dont experience any discomfort from the figs, I dont think.

Example, today I ate about half a watermelon, in total, 3 mangos, 5 cocnuts (just the water), about 15 dried figs, lets say about 7 banans, a stock of romaine lettuce leaves, 3.4oz of dried mulberries, and not all once obviously, thru out the day, and after my 2hour bike ride.

And so Im still gonna eat another good size salad, and the rest of those baked zucini,carrots,eggplant and yams left over, and Im sure some millet/quinoa in the next 4hours. haha, Im a pig..

Date: March 29, 2009 03:15AM

hg,

When you tally it up, you're not much of a pig . . . maybe a cute lil' piglet? I'm just happy you are eating a wide variety of stuff and tolerating it well. Hope your good health continues.

P.S. OK, that's a lot of dried figs. But clearly, your system can handle them.

Date: March 29, 2009 06:23AM

mmm yea, in my stool I see LOTS of the seeds from the watermelon, and the tiny itty bitty seeds from the inside of the figs, Im pretty sure thats normal tho yea?

mmm I love food.. aha. how is everyone else doing?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables