Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fruits/ veggies/ and protein?
Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: March 28, 2009 07:33PM

So I understand, protein in just the middle man, and amino acids is what builds muscle along with water?

Im sure Im off here and there but thats the general idea yea?

So whats the best way to build muslce with fruits and veggies? eating very little nuts, seeds, or other cooked foods?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fruits/ veggies/ and protein?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 28, 2009 08:32PM

hg,

There are lots of people on YouTube who talk about this--you can't build muscle if you don't use it. You already know this. They all advocate eating lots of varied aminos in a diverse variety of fruits and vegetables, especially greens. Hemp and chia seeds are good because they can be ground up into powders or soaked and pureed; I make a tasty hempseed dressing for lettuce by whizzing soaked hempseeds with herbs and a bit of olive oil and lemon juice in an immersion blender cup. That's a nice serving of useable protein. Raw acai and spirulina come in powdered form and can be mixed into smoothies with other amino-rich foods like greens.

I found this on this very site, how fortuituous!:
[www.living-foods.com]

Good luck!

Posted by: rawpreston ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:59AM

Amino acids are the building blocks of protein, like the links of a chain. If our body can't use an eaten protein directly, it breaks it down into the amino acids, then rebuilds them into different proteins it needs. The body can actually make some amino acids; the ones it cannot are called essential amino acids. When you hear something is a complete protein source it means it contains all essential amino acids. Hemp seeds are a great complete protein source which also have a perfect ratio of omega3/6, I highly recommend them.

Sorry I can't say more about the amino acid / protein content of foods or how you should be eating though. I would suggest be sure to get enough daily calories if you're working out hard, eat good protein sources following workouts, and perhaps monitoring your lean body mass over time as you experiment with different foods, that's what I've been doing.

lean body mass = weight - (weight * fat%)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 01:08AM by rawpreston.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 29, 2009 12:39PM

Tamukha is spot on in that you won't build muscle if you don't workout. The complete protein thing is a bit misleading anyway. Try not to worry about not getting enough of the stuff, as there's plenty of the 'essential' amino acids in a varied diet of fruit and vegies.

I could sprout a heap of technical jargon here, but humans don't really need that much protein, cept as infants. And according to the literature, too much is detrimental.

Cheers geo

Posted by: C. Dove ()
Date: March 30, 2009 12:35PM

ALL whole plant foods contain ALL the essential amino acids....meet your calories and your protein needs are met. And if that's not enough assurance,your body recycles 70% of it's protein waste. Amino acids from spent epithelial cells and digestive enzymes are drawn upon from the amino acid pool. Amino acids are the building blocks,metabolic enzymes are the builders,and protein is the finishied product.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables