Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The Raw Food Diet is basically a Fruitarian Diet - Agreed?
Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 20, 2006 04:30PM

The definition of fruit is the seed bearing part of the plant, so in addition to fruits like bananas, other foods like nuts, seeds, squashes, and "vegetables" like tomatos and cucumbers are all fruits. So for someone to try to cut fruit out of thier diet would leave them with nothing to eat but lettuce, kale, carrots, garlic, onions, wheatgrass and and other similar foods which are from the leaf or root of the plant.

[www.thenewearth.org]
When the Great Inventor first thought of the idea it seemed relatively simple.

He would invent People. Separate individual souls or spirits which could evolve independently, observing, thinking things out, making decisions, coming to conclusions, and generally doing their own things, sometimes good, often not so good, but always new, original and creative, thus adding richness and diversity to the sum total of the Great Universal Experience. So that they could manifest in the physical world He gave them bodies, and to supply the bodies with energy for activity and renewal, He established a system in which plants re-create themselves, and humans nourish themselves, through a mutually beneficial collaboration.

Plants need to spread and implant their seeds. To achieve this many of them produce fruits. The fruit is there for the taking. It signals when it is ripe and ready by turning an attractive red, orange, yellow or purple. It contains all we need - fiber, vitamins, minerals, and a natural balance of solid and liquids. A selection of fruits will nourish the system, cleaning and purifying at the same time. And it will leave no damaging or clogging residue or deposits.

That's what fruit does for us. We in turn serve the fruit bush or tree by carrying, spreading and implanting the seeds which are enclosed within the fruit.

An altogether excellent arrangement for all concerned.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/20/2006 04:37PM by Lillianswan.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The Raw Food Diet is basically a Fruitarian Diet - Agreed?
Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: July 20, 2006 05:19PM

My experience:

-Although I have only eaten fruit for many years - there are many who must transition as I did. Plant food (including vegetables) is a BIG step up for many people. Thus, I don't think it is to be decried. You certainly ARE correct that many things people eat ARE actually fruits! LOL.

-David Mason

Date: July 20, 2006 09:34PM

Yeah...we've got ourselves in a mighty pickle and much cleansing/transitioning needs to be done....

But you are right...infact I posted something similar here a while ago...

Date: July 20, 2006 10:25PM

I think it's all about stages....and accepting the stages people are at....

Posted by: chilove ()
Date: July 21, 2006 04:54AM

YES! Agreed! :-) Fruit is great for us and eating fruit is a beautiful symbiotic relationship with the earth and the environment.

All the best,

Audrey
www.rawhealing.com

Posted by: Lillianswan ()
Date: July 21, 2006 04:12PM

Thanks everyone. There has been so much knocking of fruit lately and giving up of fruit (although I think they might mean sweet fruit), and I'm like, this diet is basically fruit, even sweet fruit is like about 50% of the diet.

Posted by: sunshine79 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 04:48PM

Agreed.

Except most people don't know that a lot of vegetables are actually fruits, that in botany there's no such classification as a vegetable - i.e. peppers, squash, and cucumber are fruits, potatoes are tubers, carrots are roots, peas are seeds, etc.

Then if you say you're a fruitarian then you have to explain all that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/21/2006 04:51PM by sunshine79.

Date: July 21, 2006 06:38PM

If you say your a Fruitarian everyone runs a mile....yeah...for me raw is raw and that's that....I just wish everyone would stop this debating bizness and get on with eating what makes them happy....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables