Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Green smoothie and digestion...
Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 20, 2006 05:24PM

So, how long does it take a green smoothie, or soup, to leave your stomach?

Any guesses?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Green smoothie and digestion...
Posted by: jackie ()
Date: July 20, 2006 09:36PM

Well, I guess it depends on what you put into it. Sometimes I add raw red beets to my smoothies, and then it becomes obvious how long it took if you catch my drift.

You may want to try that method to answer your question!

Good luck!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 21, 2006 12:02AM

If you add fats to your soups, it's slower to digest. I heard it takes about 2 hours. Smoothies run fairly quick. I heard it takes 2 minutes for a cantelope to digest.

Posted by: ThomasLantern ()
Date: July 22, 2006 04:01AM

I have heard about 40 minutes, if it's just fruits and greens.

Posted by: rosemary ()
Date: July 25, 2006 03:11PM

ok, many thanks.
I usually add seeds.so i guess i have to wait an hour before drinking water. it's very hot here, but not for long no doubt!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2006 06:05PM

I think it would be a good idea to leave the seeds out of the smoothie and eat them AFTER you drink the smoothie. It should help digestion considerably.

Just a suggestion.

Posted by: geneticpromise ()
Date: July 25, 2006 07:13PM

Hi -

Personally, I don't take smoothies because I believe that chewing your food, mixing it with the salivary amylace in your mouth is healthier than downing liquid that just goes directly into your stomach. 40% of the amylace you produce is in your mouth. It helps with digestion. consider not by-passing it with any smoothie or juice. Just a thought.

GeneticPromise

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 25, 2006 11:26PM

Better you can EAT and CHEW your smoothies. It takes me 30 minutes minum to finish my bowl of smoothies

Posted by: Ally ()
Date: July 26, 2006 01:28AM

For anyone who can do smoothies and feel fine, that's probably OK.

But I'm like geneticpromise when it comes to smoothies. I don't do them anymore. I feel much better either eating stuff out of hand or chopping stuff up into a bowl. Smoothies are harder for me to digest. Same with juice. I used to like making smoothies from organic bananas and organic pineapple, but they started making me feel kind of sick. If I chop up the bananas and pineapple into a bowl and eat them together that way, I'm fine.

I used to hand squeeze organic oranges to make juice, but now that makes me feel kind of bad too. Eating them out of hand feels great!

Chewing (especially raw food) has the added advantage of strengthening your jaws and teeth.

Best wishes, Ally

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/26/2006 01:35AM by Ally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables