Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

taste buds
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: March 29, 2009 10:24PM

i was wondering if it was just me or if this can really happen. im not 100% raw yet, but doing pretty good. this morning when i was eating my breakfast, the fruit all just tasted so much stronger than it has before. i love fruit and when i was eating it, i felt like i wanted some veggies more just to balance out the sweetness. it seems like my taste buds were sleeping when i was eating the SAD diet. either that or i just bought some fruit that was picked from the garden of eden lol. but seriously, it seems like i can taste so much better. maybe im just being crazy, but it seems i have super taste buds now. anyone else experience this?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: taste buds
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: March 29, 2009 10:34PM

yup smiling smiley lots of things i used to really dig .. are pretty harsh now lol .. radishes are so much stronger .. garlic ..onions .. so much stronger .. fruit is more sweeter .. veggies have a more earthy taste smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 29, 2009 10:57PM

I remember the "awakening" of my taste buds well. The way the living foods taste so radiantly alive is one of the factors that makes the raw food lifestyle so great. That aliveness is as real as the health that comes with it.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: March 29, 2009 10:58PM

Yes, definitely noticed this too. It's helped keep me far away from anything that is not a natural sugar smiling smiley..I've licked my finger preparing food for others and the cloying sickening sweet was just too much.

Posted by: shane ()
Date: March 30, 2009 02:04AM

Salt, too. I once adored Indian food -- all the lovely vegan curries. Now I can't eat them, they're waaaay too salty. And when I eat cooked Indian food, several hours later my hands and feet feel swollen, my face feels inflamed, I feel "heavier" and I need to rest. I used to think this was just placebo, but now I think differently. Eating cooked Indian food just makes me feel rotten, and I can't do it without discomfort. This is a huge disappointment. But when I weigh this small disappointment against the vast pleasures of raw fruits and vegetables, then I'm glad I'm raw vegan.

Date: March 30, 2009 02:39AM

thanks guys, i had no idea. thats so weird. i guess with the mass amount of vitamins and nutrients our bodies are able to function to their fullest. maybe that is why our tastebuds get better. i hope that i stop craving spaghetti soon. that has been my favoritve food while growing up and still love it. i want to get to the point where i dont want to eat a cooked lunch or dinner and want raw 24/7. that would be cool if i could not crave spaghetti as you dont crave cooked indian food.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 30, 2009 11:59AM

volcomchick8797

i guess with the mass amount of vitamins and nutrients our bodies are able to function to their fullest.

Just wait theres more to come. I also experienced an increase in all of my senses. My vision got more vivid, the colors and clarity came alive. My hearing got more acute and music sounds better and my sense of touch improved. My mental clarity has improved. Also the "static" that people experience trying to listen to their inner coach fades away and the body signals become clear and easy to receive and tell the difference between a real signal and a false signal like a craving for junk food. At some point you may experience your inner coach communicating to you that your body would like some exercise or other activity and you will find that you have the energy for these activities and that you enjoy them more. One of these activities that I appreciate is that I feel like singing a happy song (Yeehaw). All of these positives come together in what I like to think of as the raw food lifestyle synergism. Unfortunately there is a downside too. You may experience some detox and healing that the body needs to go through to get to the better health and wellness that is possible when eating healthy, natural foods from the garden. This is temporary and passes. Happy trails. smiling smiley

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 31, 2009 01:21AM

EVERYTHING becomes more sensitive...

be prepared.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:25AM

yes... today i put some green onion on my salad... and i haven't had onion of any kind for more than 2 months now... and wow... i almost didn't like it... i think i am starting to enjoy the subtleties of the food... and i had some olives recently and they were way too salty... and i am the salt fanatic...

it's interesting too because my mom and i were just discussing taste... and how she felt that it was important in the process of nutrition... how maybe it had to play a part cause if it didn't taste good people won't eat it... but as i tried to explain how your taste can change... and how really in the big scheme of things it's not so important for the body to survive... she didn't really agree...but she did 3 days of just raw foods this weekend... with smoothies and fresh juices and all... i'm very proud of her...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:59AM

my nanny says she does not like organic fruits and veggies because the flavor is too "strong."

she is a cooked eater.

Date: March 31, 2009 07:16AM

its crazy...flavors are just erupting in my mouth. its really awesome to hear that my other senses will become awakened. im stoked. i do think that i will have some detox though and think it will be for the best. right now, i have headaches like every day, literally. i dont drink enough water and that could be a part of it, but maybe not. anyways, i really cant wait till my whole body is awakened and i get past my detox. i wonder what the detox will do to me and how long it will last? im willing to go through it just so i could get past these everyday headaches.

i do realize that i love sugar snap peas when they were only simply ok just before. and raspberries to me now are sour and sweet when they were first only sweet. i used to love bananas and now it seems like the texture bothers me. i wonder what else will change for me. its like my exciting little adventure and i cant wait to keep going.

thanks for everyone's feedback

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables