Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

streambeam update
Posted by: streambeam ()
Date: March 30, 2009 11:59PM

Well its been quite a month, i've been on a modified 80/10/10, meaning just smaller amounts of fruit than required. Last week was my fourth month raw and one month 80/10/10, and a lot has happened. I will list for you everything that has changed for me since starting raw and 80/10/10.

1. blood sugar levels: from 350+, down to low 120's. This took 3 months to happen.

2. Weightloss: First month I lost between 15-20 pounds, then I hit the wall. Two months later, no change, the dreaded plateau. Then this month on 80/10/10, lost an additional 12 pounds. Looking and feeling great. Only 300 more pounds to go, LOL.

3. No more ear infections: I suffered from ear infections at least twice a month, hated it, so much pain. Four months free of infections.

4. No more sinus infections or allergy attacks: 10 months out of the year I suffered with sinus and allergies, absolute torture! 4 months now, and no allergy attacks at all! Yay!!!

5. Asthma: At least 4-5 attacks a month, had an inhaler at home and at office. 4 months with not a single attack.

6. Tons more energy: Used to not want to get out of bed, but much better now.

7. Attitude: I used to be very sour grapes, grumpy even. Now I got a compliment, for being so bubbly (who knew I could be bubbly).

Though Im still very large, this is just the power of raw and 80/10/10 at work. I have so much more weight to loose, and so much more healing to do, but I know that slowly but surely it will happen. Wishing all the newcomers patience and determination to stick with it, it works. Much luv to everyone.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: streambeam update
Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: March 31, 2009 12:44AM

Giving the diet a try to see if it could personally have an impact is the best way to determine what does or does not work on an individual basis. As in most cases, the outcome is much more favorable than what we expected.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: March 31, 2009 12:58AM

Thats great streambeam.
I have been all fresh raw now since Aug 1, 2007 and I have experienced a major internal and external overhaul of my body and mind.
Stay the course. smiling smiley

Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:28AM

that is some hard work that you should be realy proud of yourself for! good job! congrats, keep going on this great adventure

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: March 31, 2009 07:59AM

Streambeam - what a lovely post. A big welldone to you. Your health improvements sound fantastic. The lovely thing about this way of life is that it isn't a sacrifice - it's a pleasure - hence you being happier and bubbly.

You have given me a big lift for the day with your positive post - thank you

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 31, 2009 04:00PM

streambeam,

So glad to hear you are doing better, and your future sounds very promising. It's all up into Bliss from here--stay happy and sure of yourself : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables