Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

only fruits and veggies
Posted by: volcomchick8797 ()
Date: April 05, 2009 05:24AM

hello,

im still new to raw so i have a question.

i dont really want to eat nuts since they are still pasturized and dont like soaking beans or rice or other grains.

could i survive on only fruits and veggies if i ate enough for my body? i keep eating pasta or rice for dinner just because i feel like im not eating enough. i really want to stop this and just eat fruits and veggies. is anyone else doing this and healthy. thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: only fruits and veggies
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 05, 2009 12:14PM

Yes, I eat all fruit and greens. Any my only green is romaine lettuce. I feel great.

Date: April 06, 2009 03:06AM

thank you for your post, now i can eat raw fruits/veggies without feeling like im not eating enough

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:22AM

volcomchick8797,

It is possible, but it may not happen right away. I don't know your dietary history, but for most people, changing ones diet from SAD to only fruits and vegetables is a process and takes some time.

Myself, I still eat nuts and seeds as well as fruits and vegetables. But I eat much less nuts and seeds than I did when I first started raw over 7 years ago, or even when I first went all raw.

In any case, there is no hurry. The secret to enjoying nuts and seeds is to not too many of them. When I do eat fats, I usually keep it down to less than 1/4 cup a day of nuts/seeds.

Date: April 06, 2009 05:26AM

thanks bryan

yeah its hard for me to go 100% raw cold turkey. but my past history of eating would prob be the standard diet, standard with lower fat foods, high pasta diet with ice cream every night, vegetarian and just previously fast food beinge for at least two times a week, i just knew my body was crying out so im back to raw food.

im just trying to go 100% asap because it is just too hard for me to portion when i have one or two cooked meals. i end up beinging on healthy foods but def more than a grown man would eat and i am short with a small frame.

i know im suppose to go at my own pace, but i just want my body to be at its best.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables