Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

help! stomach problems!
Posted by: debbie ()
Date: April 06, 2009 01:02PM

i have been having constant stomach aches and burning. have just been to the doctor who has given me a treatment to take for a month to see if that helps. can someone please tell me what foods are good/bad for this (possible but hopefully not ulcer)? i really dont want to have to go on the white rice steamed veg stuff that most people recommend. should i not eat fruit? i have noticed that symptoms do seem to worsen slightly if i do. i also find if i eat very frequently the symptoms are less.
any help gratefully appreciated.
thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: help! stomach problems!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 06, 2009 02:00PM

debbie,

If it's an ulcer, it's a Helicobacter pylori overgrowth; they feed on excess stomach acid. So acidic foods can exacerbate the problem, as can high insoluble fiber foods, because they take a while to break down. Anti-inflammatory drugs make the problem worse, because they don't solve the actual problem: what you really need to do is reduce the number of Helicobacter organisms in your stomach or duodenum or whatever. Eating frequently is a good idea, as this gives your stomach acid something to do besides feeding the bacteria. Eating soft foods, like pureed fruits, drinking green juices, and supplementing with probiotics; which act as the "military police" against other bacteria, is supposed to bring you back to balance. Good luck and keep us posted.

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:24PM

try bananas, papaya, coconut water, carrot juice..

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 07, 2009 01:32AM

Watercress, arugula and cabbage (juiced or eaten raw) can be very helpful against H. Pylori. Cabbage juice was used to cure bleeding peptic ulcers back in the 1950s by Garnett Cheney

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 07, 2009 02:27AM

I read the same thing about cabbage juice... drink for 7 days and it should cure and ulcer... give or take a day i imagine...you could do try the ph balance diet for a while and see how you feel... do you know what your ph is?? Most fruits are acidifying... except lemon limes and non sweet fruits...

blessings on your search for health...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 07, 2009 07:29AM

Be careful with the cabage juice.. I have loads of inflammation / ulcerations thru out my intestines, and atleast for Me, the cabbage juice caused bloating/ gas and was quite painful, and it definitely irritated my sensitive colon. I know its not the stomach, just giving a heads up maybe try drinking a little incase it does by some chance irritate ya know?

Also, what is watercress? off the top of your head, have you read anything about watercress helping inflammation, or ulcers in the colon/ intestines? inflammatory bowel disease?

Posted by: debbie ()
Date: April 07, 2009 09:24AM

hey thanks a lot guys!
will try some suggestions and report back later...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 07, 2009 06:54PM

herbalgerbals,

Watercress is a pungent herb. It's high in B vitamins, which help to maintain tissue health, including that of the gastrointestinal tract, and it's also high in iodine. I'm growning some in a pot, and hope to propagate enough to use often in salads.

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 07, 2009 07:48PM

Watercress is, according to Fuhrman, potent against H Pylori
Its a cruciferous vegetable. Whole Foods has them in their salad bars sometimes, that's where I first got aware of them

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables