Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Jgunn how did it go with the green smoothie fasting?
Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:00PM

I think I probably missed the summation of your green smoothie fast. How did it go? I am thinking of doing it. I feel so good after my morning smoothie! I'm nursing a baby so can anyone see a problem with me consuming only green smoothies? Anything else I should add to a temporary diet like that?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Jgunn how did it go with the green smoothie fasting?
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 06, 2009 04:38PM

all in all pretty good i lost about 16 lbs but going off the smoothies i kinda backfired and gained back 4 lol smiling smiley kinda expected that so was no big shock considering i ate like a wild pig at a full trough for 3 days after tongue sticking out smiley also i ramped up my exercise routine so i cant contribute all the weight loss to the smoothies to be fair smiling smiley

skin texture improved , i think because of the high quantity of liquids smiling smileyhydration hydration hydration ! grinning smiley

slight bit of peppering in my hair where there once was just salt tongue sticking out smiley

definitely noticed improved sleep .. i think from not digesting heavy foods late in the day

the damaged elbow, torn rotator and carpal wrist issues all noticebly well healed after suffering for months smiling smiley

so all in all pretty good .. but i was getting antsy at about week 3 , im not terribly creative when it coems to food and found it quite boring at times to be chewing my green cud lol

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: musicbebe ()
Date: April 08, 2009 07:23PM

mmm...just had another smoothie. I feel grrrrreat!!! I love my smoothies:

two one inch rings of pineapple
one navel orange
1 cup of unpasturized orange juice (Just Pik'd brand...its frozen (not from concentrate or condensed, but in liter containers) in the freezer section)
1 large or two medium kale leaves
3 second circular squirt of raw agave nectar

Did you vary your smoothies? I know I've heard you should vary your greens because of alkaloids, but I haven't been and seem fine so far. Did you consciously try to vary your greens?

I hope I lose 15 pounds!!! That's all I need to be just right.

Date: April 08, 2009 07:31PM

yep everyday it was something different smiling smiley depending what i got the day before in the grocery so lots of fresh stuff

plums, spinach, romaine, coconut water (not the meat) , radishes, oranges, apples, strawberries, kale, pomengranate (used once never again the seeds really add too much crunch), hemp seeds, pineapple, tomatoes, celery, purple cabbage, grapfruit, baby carrots, cranberries

lol of course not ALL that in one smoothie everyday but i mixed it up smiling smiley
some days it was greener than other days it was more purply and some days it looked downright brown like mud lol

Date: April 08, 2009 07:49PM

oops forgot to add bananas LOL smiling smiley

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 08, 2009 09:16PM

Jodi banana
How long did you do it for?

Posted by: irena ()
Date: April 08, 2009 10:25PM

Sorry, I must have missed the original post, how much volume wise did you consume daily and at what times of the day?

Date: April 09, 2009 03:58PM

30 days and 6 litres was about average (1.5gal?) i was slowing down in the end i think from boredom more than anthing . my blender does 3 liter so id fire it up twice a day .. once in the morning after i get up around 7-8am and then again around 3pm . smiling smiley

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 09, 2009 04:02PM

My green smoothies usually have about 3 cups of fresh greens, kale and collard or chard leaves, plus the juiced stems of those; some type of fresh squeezed fruit juice, like apple; maybe water if needed to blend; bananas (frozen, cut myself when ripened, used within a week); pear, payaya, blackberry, apple, strawberry, any other fruit I want to add.

I've been using a lot of bananas!

Did you sip all day? I tend to drink about 32-48 oz. right away but hungry 1-2 hours later.

Date: April 09, 2009 04:39PM

yea i was a sippin all day smiling smiley i treid to break it up more but was feeling hungry like you said and gulping down so much thick liquid too quickly made me feel kinda gross .. so i chose instead to sip grinning smiley

somedays id be hungrier (thirstier? lol) and would fire up a 3rd blender full but i dont think i finished the 3rd blenderfull once smiling smiley and i really didnt dig drinking it the next dayafter it sat inthe fridge all night so id take it downstairs to the shower with me and mix up enough medium coarse sea salt and blender mix and scrub the whole works all over my body and face and scalp and rinse off smiling smiley no waste then and id feel like a sparkly green goddess the rest of the day smiling smiley

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 10, 2009 07:37AM

hey Jgunsterella

that's real coolsmiling smiley

CONGRATS! for your beautiful emerald feast/fasting achievement smiling smiley

i'll remember to use leftovers for taking a bath in

thanx for the adding the sea salt thing in as a body scrub advice
sounds like a great idea smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2009 06:26PM

Lovin' the smoothie-scrub idea smiling smiley

Date: April 10, 2009 07:53PM

haha np yer welcome smiling smiley i hate wasting anything and the salt an smoothie scrub makes my skin feel so diggity dandy lol smiling smiley trying to drink leftover smoothie it just doesnt taste the same to me the next day i think its oxidized too much lol

Date: April 12, 2009 10:32PM

hear ya, and the color gets all darkish... talking of which, I just got a juice from WHole Foods the other day that they call Motor Oil, which was a fitting name for it (parsley, kale, beets, seaweed). I should have used it for my shower, it tasted certifiably horrible.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 13, 2009 10:30PM

Great idea for the body scrub.

that's advice I can use.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables