Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The rawvolution box
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 08, 2009 07:28PM

Hello raw community. I have ordered Matt Amsdems week's supply box from [www.rawvolution.com] a couple times now and it really works for my busy lifestyle. I'm wondering if the fact that the food was prepared a few days earlier and wrapped in some sort of airtight plastic is affecting it's freshness and enzymes. Especially the packages that sit in the fridge for almost a week before I eat them. Anyone have any thoughts?

thanks,
Marta

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The rawvolution box
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: April 08, 2009 09:04PM

i've seen photos and a lot of the foods look really oily.

i think the fresher it is is probably the best, but if you don't have a choice people need to do what they can what they think is the best choice for them.

i would personally just stock up on fruits and veggies and eat them plain if i didn't have enough time. that's actually what i do anyway, so i guess i'm a little biased.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 08, 2009 09:42PM

I saw it advertised as low fat once, but I've seen the recipes. Uhm, NOT low fat! It might be tasty as a treat here and there.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 08, 2009 10:03PM

Someone I know here in the Midwest ordered their box once, and when it arrived some of the food was fermenting, so at least you can be assured it's still alive! I have never ordered the box, though I used to think I might now and then, because I've [un]cooked from the Rawvolution cookbook, and the recipes are really toooooo salty for my palate.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 09, 2009 01:15AM

i have ordered the box 3 times now and love it! however, i know a lot of people on this site advocate a less-gourmet raw lifestyle. however, im a colleg student so it works for me.

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 09, 2009 03:01AM

I would love to try it..
but I think I would eat all of that food in one day. haha, my fat ass..

someone send me one. grinning smiley Ill love you forever. hehe.

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: April 09, 2009 02:23PM

It's really great at the beginning of raw or for times you really need it like traveling or just busy. Long-term, it's not the best since they're high in fat, among other things.

Making your own food to bring, (if you don't want to eat produce plain) is the best way to go. Soups and smoothies are very simple to make large batches of. You can even freeze some of necessary. Other things too can be made in advance like some salads, pates, etc.

Just do your best. smiling smiley

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables