Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

afternoon exhaustion
Posted by: Cukes ()
Date: April 10, 2009 04:30AM

Lately I've been "hitting a wall" at 2 in the afternoon at work everyday, about an hour after I eat.

Typical day:
Wake up at 7 am

Apple, bannana and green smoothie 8-9 am

green salad, fruit salad, and somet1mes a handful of nuts or seeds for lunch. 12-1 ( I sit in front of a computer all day so I typically take a half hour walk around this time)

Dinner, little fruit juice, big salad, occasionally cooked veggies or even cooked soy(still working on that one), sometimes tea, sometimes chocolate

One hour at the gym.

Bedtime around midnight.

Any ideas why I might be feeling the low and what I can do to pick myself up. I'm trying to lose a few Michigan winter pounds so I don't want to take in much more calorie wise.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: afternoon exhaustion
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 10, 2009 04:43AM

maybe the handful of nuts and seeds at 1 is too hard for you to digest when you are looking for something with a bit more energy smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 10, 2009 05:05AM

You might enter your daily diet into a nutritional calculator like fitday, nutritiondata, nutridiary, or Cron-o-Meter to see if you are getting enough calories needed to fulfill your level of physical activity during the day. To me, you diet looks a bit short in the calorie department.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 10, 2009 01:48PM

Right. Bryan's (and the others) and J's ideas are great. It sound's like what you are eating (especially around lunch) might be a little light for your level of activity. You might also try to get additional sleep by going to bed earlier...if you are feeling dragged at some point during the day. Just a thought.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: klandestine ()
Date: April 10, 2009 03:06PM

For me, eating mainly fruit for breakfast and lunch works really well to keep my energy up - no afternoon slumps. Sometimes I will add greens to the fruit (i.e. green smoothie). If I want to eat veggies and other savory things I keep it mostly for dinner when my energy needs are lower and the day is winding down. Works for me!

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 10, 2009 07:44PM

Cukes,

I have found that if I eat nuts anywhere near the time I eat fruit(as you are doing at lunch) I feel almost hypoclycemic within and hour. It's frightening, but at least I now know to isolate them from one another. Maybe just do a really huge green salad, followed by a really huge fruit salad, or a mono meal of one type of fruit, like apples, at lunch?

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: April 11, 2009 01:44AM

my experience....

Anything you put in your mouth that is not raw, fresh, whole food will cause fatigue.

that includes nuts, chocolate, tea, soy, cooked anything.

under or overeating can cause fatigue

eat according to hunger, not calories.

get enough sleep

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables