Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Would a fruitarian restaurant work?
Posted by: rufio ()
Date: April 10, 2009 10:04PM

What if there was a restaurant you could go to that always has ripe fruit? And they sliced it into fancy shapes for you and plated it. And you could just enjoy fruit at a window table. And there was a fruit salad bar. You could get banana ice cream, too. And durian ice cream. All fruit, all the time. Could this work?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Would a fruitarian restaurant work?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 10, 2009 10:37PM

Yes, sign me up. At lunch, the only places I go to are fruit stands and/or juice bars.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 10, 2009 11:00PM

Alas, I can't think of a place where people would pay for fruit in a way that would make it a profitable business : ( Darkest Iceland?

It might work as a kiosk, maybe. Like in Europe every plaza has a kiosk selling ices and popsicles. Low overhead for the operator: they'd just need a structure, a small two-compartment utility sink, a cooler, a cutting board, and a knife. The health department would go easy on the place because there'd be a low risk of cross contamination if it's just fruit. The person selling would have to have some fancy knife skills to carve stuff up prettily, but maybe it would work . . .

I think you've already come up with a name for it, rufio--

All Fruit, All the Time
People will say,

"Where are we gonna have a snack?"

"I know, AFATT!"

"AFATT! All right!!!"

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:41AM

hi rufio

<<What if there was a restaurant you could go to that always has ripe fruit? And they sliced it into fancy shapes for you and plated it. And you could just enjoy fruit at a window table. And there was a fruit salad bar. You could get banana ice cream, too. And durian ice cream. All fruit, all the time. Could this work?>>

You would DEFINETELY have a corner on the market. that is for sure.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:46AM

I'd certainly show up! I think it would be a fruitful venture.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 11, 2009 05:53AM

I think it would be a wonderful idea. Perhaps a 'fruit and leaves'/811-style restaurant. There are lots of 811 recipes - simple but very beautiful, and I'm thinking right now of a little paradise full of exotic plants, conservatory-style...

but...it could probably only work in LA. Can't see it taking off in Reading, UK somehow :-(

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 11, 2009 02:00PM

Why not a juice bar? That's the closest thing to a fruitarian restuarant that we have and you could just add the option of eating your fruit unjuiced.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 11, 2009 07:01PM

I hope it will be in NY State because I'll be there all the time.Everyting with fruit is good. Fruit Restaurant and fruit bar juice.

Posted by: zanjabil ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:00AM

I like the fruit and Leaves idea..but I would definitely support a fruit restaurant in my area.

Posted by: shane ()
Date: April 12, 2009 02:11AM

I would like to say HELL YES!!!!!!!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 12, 2009 03:28AM

i say yes for sure smiling smiley my mom used to tell me about this guy who was like the last fruit/veggie/milk cart that would roam around town (pulled by horse lol) .. she said when she was a little girl they would all run out with pennies and buy an apple or strawberries

its only in the last 50-60 years that eating fruit adn veggies seems to have become so weird and obscure of a practice

i say go for it smiling smiley of course its all about location location location too so pick yer spot wisely smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: April 12, 2009 04:14PM

I would enjoy it, but to make it successful adding some other choices would be advisable: various salads, smoothies, juices, soups, etc. Low-fat gourmet meals too. Even some typical raw meals that you'd find at other raw restaurants. The more people you can cater to, the better chance it will work long-term.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 12, 2009 07:36PM

As a long-time fruit guy, I would say no. Even raw many all-raw folks don't much support an all-fruit type lifestyle. As a personal endeavor....I think it is most laudable. As a business venture....I agree with the above that I think it would do best as a fruit and smoothy kiosk on the beach over the summer! smiling smiley

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:54AM

MY idea of a frutarian restaurant is a fruit orchard and pick your own deal. smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 16, 2009 04:50PM

I used to think that having just the produce section of the grocery stores in a place you could go for all the raw fruits and veggies you wanted. They would serve you at tables, juice bars if you wanted or you just shopped in bulk or in whatever amts. you wanted like in a grocery store.

There's tons of ideas there for what you have in mind. Do it! Good luck!

Love,
Prism

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 16, 2009 08:08PM

I like rawgosia's idea! I travel a lot, and man, i would take the roundabout way to get to your place.....

I would, however, offer either some gourmet raw stuffs to go, or some smoothies, or both. Raw vegan fastfood, what a paradoxon, haha. Otherwise may be too hard to market.

You could also have one of these 'toss your own salad' things, for greens, and for fruits.

Good luck!

Posted by: ksmanthey ()
Date: April 17, 2009 12:06AM

Maybe in some sort of fancy food court so if you went with friends you could get fruit and they could get maybe a juice and something else if they wanted. My friends rarely will go with me to the raw gourmet place with me, and they have such things as raw pizza, and lasagna. Whenever its my birthday or time to celebrate something I've done I always pick that place and everyone is always like "Gahhhhhh! Again?!?" And, they are they healthy local organic food types! I don't get it.

Posted by: RawRaw ()
Date: April 20, 2009 03:27PM

its a neat idea. wish there were just more raw in general available. go into every store that carries food and snacks and there's raw options. 7eleven somtimes has apples and bananas though i would be weary of the quality its better than nothing if u need food.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables