Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What fruit and veg...........
Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:34PM

don't you like?

I remember reading Shazzie's blog and she said she hated oranges but loved cucumbers. Eating them that is! And the ends of them could often be found in her handbags.ugh!
I'm the opposite.
I LOVE ORANGES but don't really like eating cucumbers.

I definately don't like celery. Whatever about cucumbers,this is just vile. Can't see how I can ever change my mind on this one.

Kiwi's. A kiwi juice made me sick once. Never to be forgiven.

Anyone out there have something they loathed that became a fav?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What fruit and veg...........
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:38PM

It's a fungus, not a fruit/veg, but I don't like mushroom.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 13, 2009 12:55PM

Swiss chard. I don't know why, but I've never been able to develop a taste for it.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: April 13, 2009 01:52PM

Wheatgrass Juice. I was so surprised awhile back to try some for the first time in a long time and it tasted good. Being raw seems to change tastes.

Posted by: cy ()
Date: April 13, 2009 09:28PM

since i started my raw trip i am in love with bananas. i have no idea,but before i didn't care much about them,but now i have to have them every day.

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 15, 2009 07:50PM

I love food.. I dont what I do not like raw..

uhhm, gotta think about this..

Posted by: roxeli ()
Date: April 15, 2009 08:06PM

I don't like mustard greens. I don't see myself as ever developing a taste for them.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 16, 2009 01:43AM

im really ticked off about oranges lately .. they used to be juicy and tasty and it seems the last 2 years every single orange ive gotten has been dry and pithy ... out here in the fraser valley, b.c., canada it seems you cant get a decent orange .. !

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 16, 2009 08:36PM

garlic and onions. I love the taste but they make me feel funny in my stomach for hours and hours.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 16, 2009 09:05PM

I'm with roxeli about mustard greens. I made a green smoothie with kale and just a few mustard greens a couple of weeks ago. The mustard must have been picked mature, because it burned my mouth and throat going down! Totally WWI. Since then, the mere thought of mustard greens sends my liver into paroxysms.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: April 16, 2009 09:50PM

Oh, wow! Mustard greens are terrible in a green smoothie. A lot of greens' flavors are really emphasized by the blending. What you might have barely noted as a spicy leaf in a green salad becomes a biological weapon in a smoothie! I hope you hadn't put any valuable ingredients in there.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 16, 2009 10:31PM

Greetings, my name is Joshua Lane from 1973-1975 I was Ann Wigmore's assistant and was elected to the board of director's of Ann wigmore's Hippocrates Health Institute of Boston. At that time Dr.Wigmore suggested that people use a teaspoonful of Wheatgrass juice mixed in water or mixed with a small amount of other freshly made juices. Today some folks use up to 8 oz at a shot, that could make you nice and sick. Also organically grown vegetables have a much better taste than conventionally grown veggies. Organically grown Parsley is sweet when juiced but bitter if it is conventionally grown.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 17, 2009 01:48PM

Wow, Joshua, that's intriguing about the wheatgrass--I had about 6 oz. of homegrown organic wheatgrass juice the other day, and within ten minutes I felt awful, like I had food poisoning. Won't consume it in that amount again!

frances,

Indubitably! The smoothie was mixed greens with water and one banana, so no great loss. But I was sure that if I spilled it in my backyard, and threw a match on it, it would result in a holocaust. One ought not to consume anything that makes that scenario seem plausible : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables