Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Oral Allergy Syndrome
Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: April 16, 2009 03:51PM

Does anyone have this? As far as I understand it ranges from a mild mouth area tingling to full out allergic reaction. It's caused because our mouths are sensitive to certain raw fruit and veg. Also if you suffer from pollen allegries, it is because the protein structure of these foods are similar to the pollens. I think I have this.

I notice that many times after I eat raw foods I get this tingle in my lip. At first I was freaking out because I thought that I was going to outbreak into cold sores. I actually did a couple times, but I think that might have been because I was obliviously eating high arginine vegetables and mushroom everyday. I stopped with the high arginine food and haven't had any cold sore since (It's been about 2-3 weeks).

I still get the tingles though. Sometimes though, it happens when I am not eating, but I don't break out. I'm pretty confused and I don't want to stop eating raw to stop the tingles. I've been peeling my fruit and it seems to help out a bit, but not much. Can anyone shed some light on this? Does anyone else get these reactions? Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables