Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pregnancy+Morning Sickness
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 20, 2009 01:13PM

Hello,

Would love to hear of raw foods/liquids that will supply my body and the baby with super nutrients (nutrition); macronutrients, micronutrients, minerals (can even be meal plans)

What are great foods/liquids for morning sickness?

Thanks for your inpiring ideas.

ThaiMango

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Pregnancy+Morning Sickness
Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: April 20, 2009 03:28PM

I think that a large variety of raw foods (think veggies and fruit of all colors, nuts, seeds and sprouts) will give you a good balance of nutrients. I would increase the amount of good fats (avocados, nuts and seeds) for the baby's developing brain and nervous system.

Are you new at the raw food thing, or have you been at it a while? If you have been doing it a while, you probably already know what works for you nutritionally. Are you 100%? What is your philosophy regarding supplementation? These things need to be looked at more closely now that you're expecting. Folic acid and B12 are especially important. Research.

For morning sickness, try bananas and fresh ginger tea -- these worked well for me. Peppermint tea is good for indigestion.

Finally, Congratulations!!!

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 20, 2009 09:46PM

Ginger tea was a miracle cure for morning sickness for me.

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: April 21, 2009 12:33AM

I made my partner flax crackers which she kept by the bedside and in her bag. They seemed to aid her with her morning sickness.

Posted by: lotusblossom9 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 02:25AM

Hi ThaiMango,

I had morning sickness in my first trimester. My husband (gorillawar) made me flax crackers which were my saving grace! I ate a lot of those and a lot of fruit in my first trimester (especially apples, I really craved them), as it was difficult for me to stomach vegetables for some reason. I really enjoyed orange/banana/blueberry smoothies as well.

In my second and third trimesters, I was able to stomach more vegetables and enjoyed green smoothies, salads, avocado, etc. My husband made me thai coconut/thai coconut water/banana/almond smoothies that I loved and the baby loved too. Whenever I drank them, he seemed to swirl around with delight.

Congrats on your pregnacy! I loved my second and third trimester and can't wait to get pregnant again. =)

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 21, 2009 04:28AM

All I would say is please don't ever take anything to try to 'stop', or 'cure' your morning sickness.

I know lots of people take ginger, but if the effect is in any way to stop your morning sickness, please stop taking the ginger.

Morning sickness is detox, and your body desperately needs that outlet to keep itself clean for your growing baby.

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 21, 2009 02:21PM

I never thought or heard of morning sickness being caused by detox. I always thought it was hormones.

I was still on a SAD diet 14 years ago when I was so sick with my first baby. My problem was nausea mostly. I wasn't really throwing up a lot. I did sweat a lot though and I felt bad all day. My second pregnancy was the best. My diet had gotten better and I felt good. I had a terrible birth though, which left me weakened for my surprise third pregnancy four years later. I think I had candida really bad by then. I wasn't sick in the same way I had been with my first, but weak and tired.

I think regular exercise helped me feel a lot better through my last two pregnancies. I think it helped with every aspect of pregnancy, including morning sickness.

Posted by: angie1 ()
Date: April 21, 2009 08:06PM

I never really got too sick with my second, but with my first I was pretty much bed-bound. Well some of this could be to due with the second-time around being easier for many women, but with Joseph I had a sit down job and most of the pregnancy took place during the winter, so no going outside.

With Jeremiah it was 100% spring, summer, and fall. I worked all night in an active graveyard job. I was active during the day in my garden.

So yeah, I second pakd4fun's recommendation. EXERCISE. And not the "canned" 20 min., 3x week. It had to be an everyday all day lifestyle change for me. I mentioned this to my midwife, and her response was my new diet/exercise model: Exercise covers a MULTITUDE of evils.

It will help with detox, if it's detox. It will help regulate your body's hormones, if it's hormones. If it's blood sugar, it will help deal with that too.

Angie

Me (30), Joseph (24 mo.) Jeremiah (4 mo.)

We are enjoying spring and being outside!!!

Posted by: gorillawar ()
Date: April 21, 2009 10:16PM

Everything that I have ever read or learned has said that it is a hormonal change as well and never has there been mention of it as a detox symptom. What would be the literature to support the detox hypothesis?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 22, 2009 01:31AM

It is very interesting to read that morning sickness is considered to be a detox. Can you tell me where you found this information? I would like to read more about that.

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: April 22, 2009 12:50PM

It's my theory.

Anyone who's interested in more whacky stuff from where that came from, see my article 'Periods - they may be normal, but are they healthy?' at:

www.debbietookrawforlife.blogspot.com.

Hot off the press today.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables