Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Dose Eating Raw Food Mean Not Cooking Anything
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 24, 2009 10:32AM

hey i have recently decided to go on a raw food diet, to clean out my body and change/lighten my eye colour, now i have a question i have been eating raw , brocli , asparague, califlower , sprouts , mushrooms , etc now my question is do i have to eat these raw or can i steam or boil them ..lol if i am alowed to steam them i think im going to look like a big idoit.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Dose Eating Raw Food Mean Not Cooking Anything
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 24, 2009 01:14PM

Raw means it has not been heated past 118 degrees.

You can dehydrate foods and they will still be "raw" but have less water and won't be as healthy.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 24, 2009 02:34PM

no question is a stupid question just an answer looking for a quest.
when the food is cooked it changes the structure and loses nutrients, the non cooking gives us more nutrients.
I would suggest some basic books to read would be Victoria boutenko's 12 steps to raw or even the new book your healthy journey by Fred Bisci. Or some of Ann wigmores books were helpful. It sounds like you need a core understanding of eating raw foods.
Some people start out eating raw foods and some steamed foods as a transition.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: April 25, 2009 03:31AM

It depends on whether you think eating raw is a 'single state' or a 'process' if it's a process (as I believe) then eating raw is just eating 1% less processed EVERY time you eat.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: jamielor ()
Date: April 25, 2009 09:06AM

I'd rather eat something steamed than dehydrated. Higher water content is key. Dehydrated stuff sits like a brick in my.
However, hydrating raw veggies are best, but some find when first starting raw they digest them better cooked.
Like Mason said, transition is key to avoiding bloat and fatigue caused by too intense detox!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables