Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Rising number of children allergic to fruit and veg
Date: April 27, 2009 01:08AM

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Rising number of children allergic to fruit and veg
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: April 27, 2009 01:24AM

Could this be because of GM foods? Also it could be a detox reaction, perhaps there is a new preservative that detoxes like this. I've had people tell me that they can't eat fresh produce because of reactions that raw foodists would classify as detox, like diarreah and gas.

The increase in incidence is rising at an astounding rate in just a few years!

"Figures are hard to come by, but in south Wales, the numbers being diagnosed have gone up from one for every 100,000 of the population to five - in just six years"

"Allergy UK believes 40 per cent of adults now have allergies - up from 15 per cent in the 1990s. The number of children with food allergies has tripled in a decade."

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 27, 2009 04:49AM

The inert ingredients in the chemicals on the crops we eat are trade secret and are not even know by the FDA who approves, Whats wrong with that picture-
inert ingredient trade secret! the rise in allergys is proof we are a dangerous
path. The FDA should be scraped and a federal grand jury should go to work
on the indictments, The FDA makes good argument for Anarchy. On all fronts we need a nonviolent revolution like yesterday,

Posted by: Ariel55 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 09:58AM

It is probably not the fruit and veg but pesticides in them causing reactions

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: April 27, 2009 10:25AM

Hi All,

In this week's newsletter, Susan Schenk says that there is MSG being sprayed on fruit & veggie plants. This could be why the # of allergies are on the rise.

Yeah... the FDA is about as worthless an agency that we have... except for Al Gore's climate change rantings.

Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 27, 2009 04:25PM

I think 50/50 aberrant GMO amino acid structures and agrochemicals. I'm thirty six and didn't know a single kid with a tomato or peanut allergy growing up. Makes ya wonder . . .

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: April 27, 2009 04:44PM

It may not be the pesticides. It may be that those children are very sick, their immune systems are overloaded and the body's defense system is confused when presented with fruits and vegetables.

I've heard stories from other raw foodists who started like this, but by eating the fruits and vegetables they could eat, and getting off of cooked foods, eventually their bodies healed and they were able to eat a very wide selection of fruits and vegetables.

Food allergies are no different than hay fever. Why is it that for some people, pollen causes a reaction, yet for others, no reaction? Believe me, its not the fault of the pollen.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 27, 2009 05:31PM

The soil the fruit and veggies are grown in may be depleted in some minerals
result may be allergys. lots of problems today with mineral depleted soil.

Posted by: Lee_123 ()
Date: April 27, 2009 06:47PM

Wow, Bryan, good point. You are thinking outside of the corporate box. But the problem with your paradigm (which I agree with) is that corporations can't sell chemical medicines to these people (more allergy medications!) to "heal" them.

Kudos to you, and thanks.

Date: April 27, 2009 07:10PM

I have salicylate sensitivity which in theory, means I'm very allergic to certain fruits (amongst a million other things). Yet being raw, I was more allergy-free than ever.

With my own allergies, I don't even think one particular food is often to blame. Sometimes it's a combination of different foods that trigger the allergy (but could be eaten separately without problem). I think even traces of known allergens such as MSG, can trigger allergic reponses much, much later after eating them.

I hope these kinds of reports aren't getting blown out of proportion as people always find excuses not to eat their fruit and veg (especially greens!).

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables