Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Do not be concerned with Swine Flu
Posted by: Paul Nison ()
Date: April 29, 2009 01:42AM

The media is in a frenzy about the Swine Flu right now. The combined population of the US and Mexico is approximately 415 million. There are approximately 1320 reported cases of swine flu. That's approximately 1 in every 315,000 infected. In the US it is approximately 1 in every 15,000,000!

The Whitehouse has declared a "Public Health Emergency". Let's all freak out and be scared. Let's all live in fear and get vaccinated.

DO NOT BE FOOLED BY THE MEDIA!

Years ago, I was traveling back from Europe and the customs agent asked me if I visited any farms while I was there? I asked why and he informed me about a new disease called "Food and Mouth disease." Another time, years later I was driving into California and I was stopped at the state line and a police officer asked me if I had any produce with me. I asked why and they said I am not allowed to bring certain fruits into California due to a certain bug that is creating crops to die. Then there was the time I was in NYC and all the birds were dying, so the mayor decided there was a bird illness going around. He decided to spray toxic chemicals into the air to stop the spread of the disease. I though the harmful chemicals that sprayed was what was killing the birds. Let's not forget the recent post about spinach being harmful for our health do to a harmful bacteria, or the same issue with tomato's a few years ago. And now it's almonds and other nuts that are supposed to be harmful if not eating cooked to destroy harmful bacteria.

I am not suggesting none of the above epedemics are not true. Viruses can spread like wild fire. What I am suggesting is as the immune system of the world depreacates our heath will suffer and there will many new things just like the swine flu. It is real and it is a concern but the issue should be looked at. We are not healthy. Our immune systems are week and getting weeker. Fear does not help the issue.

Someone emailed me the other day and asked what I suggest to help protect against the Swine Flu. Here they are:

1. Eat healthy
2. Exercise
3. Get enough rest
4. Take four thieves essential oils. ** See description below
5. Don't go to Mexico right now

Eating healthy doesn't automatically prevent Swine disease or suffering from any of these other issues, but being healthy does. Health is more than just the food we consume. But eating healthy is a big part and a great start. If you are someone taken by this new flu, the stronger your immune system, the less harmful it will be to your overall health.

Lastly, I know many conspiricists who will jump on this Swine Flu, saying it is the government just finding another way to spread fear amongst the people. I cannot deny that it's true or not, but I can say fear is never a wise answer, nor is spreading it. Stressing out over things beyond your control is not happy either. Have an organic apple, stay clear of Mexico for the time being, and this shall also pass.

Four Thieves Essential Oil

A blend of highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial, anti-infectious essential oils. Thieves was created from research of a group of 15th century thieves who rubbed oils on themselves to avoid contracting the plague while they robbed the bodies of the dead and dying. When apprehended, these thieves disclosed the formula of herbs, spices and oils they used to protect themselves in exchange for more lenient punishment. Studies later confirmed its killing power against airborne microorganisms. I use Thieves oil for many different reasons, from a sore throat to spraying it while on a plane to clean the air. There are so many reasons to use this oil. It can be used internally, externally or inhaled.

The oils bended in Thieves consist of: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus, and Rosemary

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Do not be concerned with Swine Flu
Posted by: kwan ()
Date: April 29, 2009 03:17AM

Paul--

Good advice. However, there is one thing about this flu that is different from most flu viruses. You said "What I am suggesting is as the immune system of the world depreacates our heath will suffer and there will many new things just like the swine flu," and in this case, it isn't those with impaired immune systems who are succumbing, like the elderly and very young children. Instead, it's young and middle-aged people with very healthy immune systems who are getting sick. The reason is that the strong immune system overreacts and produces too much inflammation, giving the virus a really good foothold. The more the immune system reacts, with inflammation and rapid heartbeat, the more the virus multiplies and is spread by the rapid moving blood. To put it really simply, the faster the immune system reacts, the more vigorous the viral impact.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 29, 2009 01:13PM

Provocative post, Paul. I agree with Kwan in that this may be a bona fide epidemic because it targets healthy individuals, which incubates the most persistent of viral cells for future successful mutation and communication. We shouldn't panic, but we shouldn't just dismiss this, either.

By the way, Foot and Mouth Disease is a very real scourge of bovine and ovine animals, and it is almost impossible to "overreact" to it if you husband them. It's a disease wildfire.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 29, 2009 02:27PM

I remember reading an article a while back about avian flu and how it was most prevalent in highly industrial areas, leading to speculation that the birds were actually dying from the air pollution while the authorities blamed it on bird flu so they could then market vaccines, fear etc from it, while covering up the real cause. Wish I could remember where I saw the article, it was really interesting.

The way I think about disease/immune system is by seeing the body as a kind of terrain (I'm sure much has been written about this) - certain types of terrain (unhealthy, processed foods/unnatural living) will attract diseases, while other types (natural foods & lifestyle) will not.

That 4 thieves stuff sounds interesting Paul. Esp for plane use. Do you make your own up or buy it already blended?

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 29, 2009 02:46PM

I am preparing for Swine flu in much the same way that I prepare for Hurricanes. I am buying hand sanitizer, water, chlorine bleach (for water sanitation), seeds (I already have a great garden growing) and some dry goods. I am also making sure I have enough silver to make colloidal silver.

I am not panicking however, I think of panicking as running around in a frenzy. That is never a good idea in any situation. I think we should all prepare for the worst. It can only help to be prepared, even if you laugh about it later.

I live twenty miles from Texas (where the first US death has occurred), so I feel that time is of the essence.

I think being a parent requires me to be prepared.

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: April 29, 2009 03:01PM

when I saw the news last night they suggested eating healthy, getting plenty of rest, drinking enough water, and getting a flew shot.

I am worries about my family because they seem more suseptable to getting sick. My 11 year old gets sick frequently.

I am going to have to google the symptoms because with allthe news advertiseing the illness they don't list the symptoms and I think that is odd.

I am concerned and trying to keep a fear in check, I don't like fear it causes to much problems so I want to stay informed.

Posted by: riverhousebill ()
Date: April 29, 2009 03:29PM

People like Rumsfeld have more motive and means to make "terrorist" type attacks than any Muslim extremist.

How can they so quickly say it's not bioterrorism ? It's got swine, avian and human flu components, which was studied by the cdc as part of a hypothetical terrorism situation years earlier.

They never found the anthrax mailer, either. Lucky Rumsfeld owns stock in the company that makes the vaccine, huh? Lucky coincidence. Amazing really.

Yes. I think it's a man made terrorist act. I base that on Rumsfields past with the swine flu vacine 1976 Fort Dix N.J. and other vacines he owns Tamiflu for one!

The CDC is a lost cause. They are serving the drug industry. They are not serving us. So until congress will step in or enough critical mass realizes what a scam the vaccine policy has been until there is a mass refusal of vaccines will anything change," Dr. David Ayoubs

In 1976, 2 recruits at Fort Dix, New Jersey, had an influenzalike illness. Isolates of virus taken from them included A/New Jersey/76 (Hsw1n1), a strain similar to the virus believed at the time to be the cause of the 1918 pandemic, commonly known as swine flu. Serologic studies at Fort Dix suggested that >200 soldiers had been infected and that person-to-person transmission had occurred. We review the process by which these events led to the public health decision to mass-vaccinate the American public against the virus and the subsequent events that led to the program's cancellation. Observations of policy and implementation success and failures are presented that could help guide decisions regarding avian influenza.

"Flu to the Starboard! Man the Harpoons! Fill with Vaccine! Get the Captain! Hurry!"
Edwin D. Kilbourne, New York Times, February 13, 1976 (1)

In 1976, 2 recruits at Fort Dix, New Jersey, had an influenzalike illness. Isolates of virus taken from them included A/New Jersey/76 (Hsw1n1), a strain similar to the virus believed at the time to be the cause of the 1918 pandemic, commonly known as swine flu. Serologic studies at Fort Dix suggested that >200 soldiers had been infected and that person-to-person transmission had occurred. We review the process by which these events led to the public health decision to mass-vaccinate the American public against the virus and the subsequent events that led to the program's cancellation. Observations of policy and implementation success and failures are presented that could help guide decisions regarding avian influenza.

"Flu to the Starboard! Man the Harpoons! Fill with Vaccine! Get the Captain! Hurry!"
Edwin D. Kilbourne, New York Times, February 13, 1976 (1)

Roche spokesman Terry Hurley said the Swiss drug developer’s emergency Tamiflu stockpile is on 24 hour stand-by. The company was contacted by the World Health Organization and is prepared to immediately deploy the stockpile if requested, he said.

Posted by: satori108 ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:11PM

Paul- Do you have the recipe for the oil blend? Meaning how many parts of each? How much do you take daily? Can I rub it n my hands like hand sanitizer. Thank you! I'd love to make it.

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: April 29, 2009 04:37PM

I think It's a little arrogant/self rightous to be telling people not to be concerned with swine flu. Obama is already sending that message and I'm not sure he is right. I think it's one thing if you are only responsible for yourself and a whole other concern if you have a family/kids etc. I think our earths fragile "immune system" would probably benefit if a whole lot of humans died, and what better way to do that then a pandemic?

Date: April 29, 2009 04:53PM

Ooh look what I found!

Thieves Oil Recipes

Thieves Oil comes from research about four thieves during the 15th-century plague who used cloves, rosemary, and other aromatics to protect themselves while robbing plague victims.

How to use: Diffuse for short periods of time (1/2 hour or less) in the work or home environment. Apply to the bottom of the feet or dilute with a Massage Oil Base for a stimulating massage under the arms and on the chest at the base of the neck. Common Ingredients: Clove (Syzygium aromaticum), lemon (Citrus limon), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), Eucalyptus radiata, and rosemary (Rosmarinus officinalis).

Here are two recipes for Thieves Oil. One from Karen another from Debbie.

Thieves Oil recipes:

1. Equal amounts of eucalyptus, rosemary, cinnamon, clove and lemon. Mix with base of olive oil. I usually put a tablespoon of each in a 2 oz. bottle and then fill the rest with olive oil. you can make a larger batch in a quart jar following the same proportion method.
2. Same ingredients, but measured out in different strength's. Clove Bud Oil 200 drops, Lemon Oil 175 drops, Cinnamon Oil 100 drops, Eucalyptus Oil 75 drops, Rosemary 50 drops.

Thieves Oil Courtesy of Caroline Rogers founder of Nutrition Naturally and co-owner of The Tidewater Companion- A Holistic Health Directory and Resource Guide!

SUGGESTIONS FOR COLDS: According to the People's Desk Reference For Essential Oils, (The PDR) the following single oils are suggested: lavender, lemon, marjoram, frankincense, eucalyptus, melaleuca and rosemary. Young Living produces quality blends; recommended formulas include: Thieves, R.C., Di-Tone or Purification. Also suggested is a raindrop therapy treatment--see massage page for information.

THIEVES: Clove * Lemon * Cinnamon * Eucalyptus * Rosemary * An Essential Oil blend formulated by Gary Young, N.D.,owner of Young Living Essential Oils, Payson, Utah.

REMEMBER: The stimulating aroma of cinnamon or cloves, but if you touched your lips with it, it could cause irritation.... or the fresh aroma of lemon and sipping a hot fresh squeezed lemon drink with honey if you had a cold or sore throat... and Vick's Vapor Rub....the menthol aroma...your Mom would rub it on your chest to help you breathe easier at night in times of congestion....the pungent rosemary herb in cooking...

Aromas evoke memories, and memories lead to family recipes in times of healing for use in colds, flu., congestion, headaches, body aches etc. The Thieves blend is such a recipe, historically recorded in the era during the plague. History records that the perfumers seemed to have an immunity against the plague.

Here is one story: The Four Thieves Vinegar. Perfumers by day, robbers by night. Four men made a concoction of herbs and essential oils in a base of vinegar and would douse their body with this before they went our plundering! They had a pretty good track record of stealing riches until the King found out and captured them, forcing them to give up their secret weapon against the plague. The herbal ingredients were wormwood, meadowsweet, juniper berries, rosemary, camphor, sage, cinnamon and cloves in a base of white wine vinegar.

PRESENT DAY THIEVES: The essential oils contained within this formula have been noted for anti-bacterial, anti-viral, antiseptic and anti-catarrhyal properties while stimulating the immune system, circulation and the respiratory system. According to research at Weber State University, Thieves was found to have a 99% kill rate against airborne bacteria when diffused.

MY EXPERIENCE: Due to the cinnamon and clove contained, one must be cautious--it may cause irritation if improperly used. Fair skinned, blue-eyed individuals, redheads and those who tend to sunburn easily need to heed and dilute Thieves in a carrier oil (such as almond ) before applying to the skin. I have used 1-2 drops of Thieves on the bottom of my feet and also at the nape of the neck. Other places could be under the arms,and on the chest. I do not suggest using this in a bath or in a sauna! Diffuse for only short periods of time--20 minutes or less at work or at home. I used a lot of Thieves during January and February and felt the results were positive.

Thieves Oil is not available in stores. To order, please visit: [www.thieves-oil.com]

Ways to Use Thieves Essential Oil

* Diffusing - Use our patented diffusing system to fill your home with benefits. Because many forms of bacteria and mold spores travel through the air and are linked to common illnesses diffusing thieves oil throughout the air can add a layer of protection - plus it smells great!
* Internal Use - You can add 2-3 drops of our thieves oil into a capsule and take daily, or drop 1-2 drops on a piece of bread or cracker - or dropped into milk or water. It's also safe to drop directly onto the tongue.
* In the Kitchen - Use thieves cleansers and soaps to block foodborne illnesses.
* In the Bathroom - wash hands with thieves soaps and clean countertops, toilets and other surfaces with thieves sprys to minimize the spread of bacteria
* As a household cleaner - diluted or full strength the Thieves Household cleaner is all natural. Clean without harsh chemicals and their horrible side effects!

Essential Oils to help ward off illness
I keep a spray bottle handy with about 5 drops of thieves essential oil blend with distilled water to spray on my hands, door knobs, etc., when someone in the family is sick.

Or I'll rub a drop of the oil directly on my hands if I've touched an infected person.
Houshold Cleaner Usage Ratios

* Light Degreasing - 1 capful to 3 3/4 cups water
* Medium Degreasing - 1 capful to less than just under 2 cups of water.
* Heavy Degreasing - 1 capful to just under 1 cup of water
* Hand cleaner - use a ratio of 1:1
* In the dishwasher - 1 capful in the bottom of the dishwasher for a load
* Floors - 1 capful to 6 1/4 cups water
* Walls - 1 capful to just under 2 cups water
* Fabrics - 1 capful to 2 cups of water (test first!)
* In the washing machine - 1-2 capfuls with each load
* On Carpet - 1 capful to 6 1/4 cups water
* Glass and windows - 1 capful to 5 quarts water

Traveling for the upcoming holidays
Bring along some thieves to stay germ free!
Because the thieves essential oil blend is formulated with highly antiviral, antiseptic, antibacterial and anti-infections essential oils it's highly effective in supporting the immune system and good health while traveling.

Some ideas for traveling:

Bring along a few packages of Thieves Wipes for use on hands, door handles, toilet seats and more.

Carry some Thieves hard and soft lozenges to refresh your mouth and breath on the plane and deliver the power of the essential oil blend too.

A bottle of Thieves oil and some cotton balls will help to make hotel rooms smell better and purify the air at the same time. Drop 4-8 drops of oil on a cotton ball and place the ball on the heating/cooling vents. Put another cotton ball with a few drops in the closet, the drawers and the bathroom to help those areas as well.

Date: April 29, 2009 06:10PM

The main ingredient in the vaccine of the day Tamiflu is anise.

I think people should be concerned. also I think if your concerned you better research the folks that own the vaccines WHO has aproved already. and related historys!!!

Im very concerned only because I know in my heart and stomac those 200 billion nerve endings that this is bio terror for$$$ immigration reform tactics and the good old culture of fear control

Late Night: Rumsfeld, Swine Flu, Fringenuts and You
Lisa Derrick Tuesday April 28, 2009 7:59 pm

Swine Flu
The fringenuts are freaking out over swine flu, calling for border crackdowns and muttering strange conspiracy theories. But recall, if you will, simpler times. . . in the age of disco. . . right before punk rock. . . when swine flu first raised its grotty snout into America's sightlines:

Why, who was our president? Gerald Ford. And who was his secretary of defense? [Cue chilling music] Donald Rumsfeld. Writes Lisa Parsons:

Rumsfeld made the imminent "swine flu" a political issue to add some spark to the campaign of President Ford, an interim leader without a cause. At Rumsfeld's urging, the administration would ensure that "every man, woman and child" was vaccinated. Huge amounts of vaccine were produced and distributed quickly.

Some batches were contaminated. . . Six hundred people sickened and 52 died. The program was stopped a month after the election.

And nobody got swine flu. I bet those contaminated batches have probly been
sold to Jamaci or Hattie, Last time I was in Kingston Ja, a freind who was
a nurse asked me I I want to see the real Ja, first was a tour of the pharmacy
99% of what she showd me had expired rotation dates. these big pharmacutys have
no idea where those exiperd drugs go? Its ceptic friends and they are not going
unless fully exposed, you dont have to muck rake very deep at all to see how infected the FDA CDC and pharmies are.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/29/2009 06:24PM by riverhousebill.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: April 29, 2009 11:28PM

i think its good to be informed what lies beyond the smoke and mirrors, thanks for the info Bill smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: April 30, 2009 12:04AM

Should I avoid produce from mexico???

Today I bought a buncha coconuts and bananas, and random fruits, from a mexican grocery store..

Aw, see now Im concerned. :[

Date: April 30, 2009 01:13AM

herbalgerbals Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Should I avoid produce from mexico???
>
> Today I bought a buncha coconuts and bananas, and
> random fruits, from a mexican grocery store..
>
> Aw, see now Im concerned. :[

Your produce is fine as long as its organic- Pig Scare flu is tranmitted through human
human to human, or sub human agent to human, mabey pig fly bys,

Date: April 30, 2009 08:33AM

an interesting article

[articles.mercola.com]

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: April 30, 2009 01:58PM

Great article Illumination!

And thanks for the 4 Thieves info Satori smiling smiley

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: April 30, 2009 02:01PM

I agree, Great article. It helped me with a lot of questions.

Date: April 30, 2009 04:33PM

No doubt. smiling smiley I am going to try making some of my own when my budget allows.

Oh and the article was great. Thank you Illumination!

Date: April 30, 2009 04:49PM

illuminationhighrock Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> an interesting article
>
>
> [articles.mercola.com]
>

He forgot to mention the hydrogen peroxide cure. He mentioned it on a youtube vid he made about the flu and cold so it might be something worth looking into.

[articles.mercola.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2009 04:52PM by illuminationhighrock.

Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: May 05, 2009 09:04PM

Thanks for the Thieves recipes-

we have to travel this june to florida with two small children, and while i'm not paranoid about the flu and have no intentions of vaccinating with any of the questionable stuff out there- having something natural to help while crammed onto tiny airplanes with hoards of sick people recycling air... i'm glad to have something to make up and take along to help out with it. and also stocking up on hand sanitizer- which i only use when traveling in airports. blech.

any different ideas on that?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables