Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I dont think i loss weight. why?
Posted by: Gurkan82 ()
Date: April 29, 2009 07:00PM

Im i liitle bit confused,i have eat raw food for a week now and have taked powerwalks for like a week to and i dont think a have losse some weightsad smiley? My mother how also have takes powerwalks but eat SAD food have drope weight.. Why?

Before when i have eat Raw food i have drope weight and sometimes powerwalks to drope even faster but now.. Nothing..Why?

What do i do wrong? It fields i little bit sad and confusing

Some thoughts about this? please let me knowsmiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I dont think i loss weight. why?
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: April 29, 2009 07:07PM

Can you post what you are eating?

Date: April 29, 2009 07:14PM

cocoa_nibs Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Can you post what you are eating?

Yes.

fruit and veggies,also nutts.

Bananas
Berries(blueberries
strawberries
apples
Pears
avocado
kiwi
In smoothiessmiling smiley I aften mixed and drink.

Have eat celery and tomatos.. Dates too.

What do you think?

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: April 29, 2009 07:37PM

Gurkan,

It takes time for your metabolism to right itself. Continue to eat sufficient calories and to move around and to get enough sleep. Be patient : )

Date: April 29, 2009 09:39PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> Gurkan,
>
> It takes time for your metabolism to right itself.
> Continue to eat sufficient calories and to move
> around and to get enough sleep. Be patient : )

Yes but im just wondering becouse i havent have trouble with this before,like 1/2year ago. But yeah.. You maybe right.

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 29, 2009 10:15PM

You might want to stop weighing yourself and just go by how you look/feel and how you WANT to look and feel.

Date: April 30, 2009 08:28AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> You might want to stop weighing yourself and just
> go by how you look/feel and how you WANT to look
> and feel.

I havent weight my self,yust look and feelt and a dont se any different.

Posted by: laniereed ()
Date: May 02, 2009 01:56PM

check out how many avacados, nuts and dates you are eating! how do you feel? how do your clothes fit? sometimes it isnt about the number...............i totally relate to what you are saying..............in the early days i ate a bag of dates and 2 avacados and lotssssssssssss of nuts every day...............today that would kill me...............and id be way overweight and extreamely unhealthy..............today i may eat either 1/2 avacado[lg] or 2 ounces of nuts and not more than 2 or 3 dates at a time.................matter of fact i dont even keep this stuff in the house in large quanities unless im making something raw and delicious for others...............i keep my food very simple now with easy digestion in mind..............i love the light feeling no matter what the scale says

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 02, 2009 11:42PM

Maybe try tracking your intake on nutridiary.com or fitday to get accurate picture of calories? Give things time and look forwardto a new adventure in getting to know your body anew. Good luck

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 04, 2009 08:09AM

don't be sad gurkan

u are eating delicious beautiful foods
and taking wonderful power walks

life doesn't get any better, huh?

grinning smiley

Date: May 04, 2009 09:18AM

la_veronique Wrote:
> don't be sad gurkan
>
> u are eating delicious beautiful foods
> and taking wonderful power walks
>
> life doesn't get any better, huh?
>
> grinning smiley
Now you right. Today i have been raw for 10 days. Its wonderful! But still craving SAD food. Thank you for caringwinking smiley

Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: May 07, 2009 02:06AM

I was getting ready to write a long post about how discouraged I am that I have been eating raw for three weeks and have lost not a pound of weight. I think your post answered why I haven't. Although I have been trying to watch calories, I'm sure now that I am eating too many nuts. Also, I do feel better and think my skin might be smoother and arthritis a little better, so I am totally motivated to continue eating this way.

I also read David Wolfe's article on Weight Loss and Detoxification, [www.sunfood.com] and there is a lot of good info there about how it may take a while to undo all of the damage that has been done to your metabolism prior to starting a raw diet.

When I got home from the grocery store today and put all of the fresh produce and herbs away, I got so excited about how wonderful the inside of my refrigerator looks with all of the colorful fruits and veggies in there.

I sprouted garbanzo beans because I want to make raw falafels; I had some in Atlanta last week at a live food cafe in Marietta, can't remember the name now. They were so good. I can see why I am not losing weight!

Suzie

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 07, 2009 02:25AM

raw falafels??? omg that sounds so good. do you have a recipe?

Date: May 07, 2009 10:23AM

HI, I don't have a recipe, but I saved the container the falafels came in and its the standard ingredients; garbanzo beans, tahini, sesame seeds, cumin, parsely, mint, salt and garlic. I was looking at the box that the falafel mix comes in and it is the same ingredients except instead of the sprouted beans, garbanzo flour is substituted. I'll let you know how they turn out.

I also made hummus with the sprouted beans, but didn't really like it. The raw hummus I bought in Marietta was so wonderful. I think the food processer I use either has a dull blade or isnt' strong enough to really grind the beans. I wonder if I should try a food grinder, or put it into the blender.

Suzie

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 07, 2009 03:25PM

hi suzie-

thanks for the recipe. i'm sprouting some garbanzos right now. i googled and came up with another recipe that sounds pretty much like yours. i'll let you know how mine turns out. check the recipe forum in a day or two. i'll post it there.

i made some raw hummus a while back and i didn't care for it all that much either. i guess i could try again.

good luck!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 07, 2009 07:14PM

Yeah, it seems anytime I get garbanzo (sprouted) raw hummus anywhere, it's very light and the garbanzos are super-pureed, like in a Vita-Mix, plus I think they add raw tahini to add more fat.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 07, 2009 08:04PM

Get a bicycle and do more cardio. Make sure you are getting all the right nutrients sea vegies are of most importance when you are a raw foodist, the iodine might help. Not to many nuts and make sure to sprout them, not to much fruits either, berries are best, stay away from bananas maybe.

Date: May 07, 2009 09:47PM

Do enjoyable activities that get you sweaty, drink lots of water and be as active as possible.

Watching the scales can be very painful! Just keep up the exercise, and you'll feel those little differences- looser clothing, more energy etc. Losing lots of weight in a short space of time isn't a good way to lose weight, IMHO.

Date: May 08, 2009 12:03PM

thank you all so much for the wonderful advice. I broke down and weighed myself this morning and the needle moved. I am floating on air.

Also, I have read that people use their juicers to grind the garbanzo beans into more of a light puree, so I will try that.

Suzie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables