Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Food Brands
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2009 07:51AM

I realize that seems like an oxymoron but I'm in the position where growing my own

crops aren't logically possible. Does anyone know of any good brands that are at

least CLOSE to raw foods?

{Peace & {Faith

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Food Brands
Posted by: Misery's Fence ()
Date: May 01, 2009 01:06PM

I'm not sure what kind of foods you're looking for, but there is a company in called Go Raw that makes granola, "cookies," and bars that are dehydrated rather than cooked.

From a bag of cookies:
Gluten Free / Wheat Free / Nut Free / All Live (Dried Under 105 F) / All Seeds Sprouted / No GMOs / No Trans Fats / No Cholesterol / All Hand Made / All Raw Kitchen / All Family Owned

They're a bit pricey, but sometimes a nice splurge to have something you can keep in the car for snacking, if you don't have a dehydrator or don't have the time yourself for all that sprouting. And although I personally didn't care much for the bars, I find the granola and cookies very tasty.

You can order directly or locate a store near you: [www.goraw.com]

Miz

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:28PM

I, too, don't understand your question. Are you asking about prepared "cooked style" raw foods? You're buying raw fruits and vegetables in their whole form at the supermarket, otherwise, right? Although some raw foodists are lucky enough to have nut trees in their back yards, I don't think most raw foodists grow their own crops for stuff like flaxseed crackers or nut pastes; they get the primary ingredients at the store and make their own "snacks" with a food processor and dehydrator. Or, as MF suggests, they order ones ready made:

[www.naturalzing.com]

[www.sunfood.com]

[www.rawguru.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 01, 2009 09:34PM

Thank you both, My question was simply where could I buy some genuine

"uncontaminated by people that have their own agenda" type foods

I would love to have a diet of the earth. Basically what the multivitamins give you

but in natural & raw form. No Dairy either. I don't really have much guidance or

knowledge on the diet but interested in any info you can guide me with.

{Peace & {Faith

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 01, 2009 11:50PM

xxxcjbcxxx,

I'm so sorry, but I still don't understand what you mean. And, yes, I recognize that you are communicating in English, so it is my being obtuse, I guess!

Are you searching for a raw powder, say a superfoods/dehydrated whole foods drink mix that would provide you with your day's nutrients? Are you a liquidarian or moving towards breatharianism? You seem to be asking for a raw supplement as a food substitute. I don't know of anything of that kind.

As for me, I am eating pretty much Douglas Graham's 80/10/10 regimen: 80% calories from carbs[mainly whole or blended fresh fruits]; 10% of calories from protein; 10% of calories from fat. So basically several pounds of raw fruits, a couple of pounds of raw greens, and an ounce or two of nuts or seeds or fatty fruit every day. Once in a while, I'll have some raw cacao or a handful of goji berries, but generally, my diet is superfoods-free and consists of whatever ripe raw organic produce I can find in my local grocery store, with some forays into ethnic markets now and then for more exotic tropical fruits or Asian greens, say. I am a female with a history of hypothyroidism, so I supplement with iodine, as I eat few sea vegetables these days. I am about to start taking a raw multivitamin[Vitamin Code from Garden of Life] for insurance until I get my calorie counts up, but I don't think it's typical to supplement.

The best way to avoid those with an "agenda," as you cryptically put it, is to eat whole foods in as close to their natural form as possible. No prepackaged, dehydrated, concentrated, shaman-blessed anything. Stuff with a peel made by God, or whatever your deity, you know? There are those who really tout the superfoods, and you may want to look into these, but unless you are in the Andes and harvest them yourself, you'll will have to deal with someone with an angle almost inevitably. This is not a value judgment. It's just a fact. Me, I'd rather deal with just my local organic farmer or the produce purchaser at my local grocery.

Do spend some time looking through the threads on these forums. They're chock-a-block with diverse opinions and wiser advice than mine : )

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables