Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

liver ache...
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:14PM

well it's atleast what i think is aching... it is the upper right abdomen just below the ribs... sometimes onto the right side... and into the shoulder... and very occasionally it does the same thing on the left side...not as often...and actually lately it has been an all the time occurrence which is why i write...because i wonder what there is to do as far as with raw foods and such that i can do to change this...because it doesn't hurt like really painful hurt it's very annoying though... it sort of feels like a pinch sometimes...today it seems more painful then other days... I have been doing liver flushes following a protocol of every 2 weeks though this time it was 3 weeks since my last... and i seem to get stuff out... they are smaller then the very first times i have done...several years ago... maybe it's just my body adjusting??? i don't know but if anyone has had experience with this and has some suggestions of things to try... I'd like to try and work this out for myself before going to a DR though i may find an acupuncturist and see if that can help...

my diet at the moment because i had an episode of metabolic acidosis... is based on the PH Miracle... which is no sweet fruits... lots of greens... and very low fat... about 1/2 to 1 avocado a day and 1 TBS hemp or olive oil a day... that is the most fat I get... I'm trying to keep it to a minimum... I am also doing oil pulling I just started this... maybe 4 days ago... once a day i'm using sesame oil...

i wonder if i have done too much detox for my liver to handle??? I don't always get organic food... i'm on a pretty tight budget and the store i go to only has so much... so maybe this is it too... I've also been having loads of post nasal drip...would this effect the liver.. and i'm having crazy lower back pain... is this a part of it too...

I know this is a lot... and I know i should get help... i'd just like to know in what direction i should look to for help... so what ever information that anyone can give i really appreciate!!!

love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: liver ache...
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 01, 2009 02:45PM

luvyuu,

You could just be going through a bit of a healing crisis. However, please consider going to have an ultrasound of your liver and gall bladder done, if possible. If you are having discomfort, and you have done purges that haven't yielded much matter, there could be something going on. How's your bile flow, for example? You should not be aware of your liver in a state of good health; it should be inconspicuous in its functioning. Pain or discomfort when not actively undergoing treatment of any kind is irregular. Please keep us posted.

Posted by: herbalgerbals ()
Date: May 01, 2009 11:18PM

ooo lotsa carot juice! I know that is very good for the liver. =]

Date: May 03, 2009 01:49PM

hello and thank you for your suggestions... it's a sad day when i have to consider the financial side of things before i can get checked out... but the ache is still there...and yesterday i had a bad day... i'm wondering if it's the oil pulling... could i be swallowing the oil ... i know fat is not so good for the liver/gall bladder stuff...but it could also be causing it... in a good way??? or could it be the colloidal silver i've been taking... i was just reading some not so positive stuff about it... ...i'm trying to weed out things that could be doing this to me...before i go feed the rich DR...and wondering what your thoughts on acupuncture for this would be... yea nea... reasons... thanks...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 03, 2009 02:22PM

luvyuu, maybe in order to figure out just what the cause is you may have to stop takeing food and suppliments and simplify your eating so you can figure out just what the problem is. Did you just have a long fast? I have heard some bad things about the liver cleanse as well because oil is not a good substance for our livers in any form. The more we clean our bodies the more sensitive we become to what we put in it. Isnt there a low fee clinic somewhere you could to so you could at least get a blood text? I really hope this clears up for you please keep us posted on your progress

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: May 04, 2009 06:37AM

I really, really love acupuncture and would recomend it for your symptoms here.

Date: May 04, 2009 07:06AM

I'm so tired of purges and fasts and feasts and binges and diets and mono or non mono and this percent but not that percent and sugar or no sugar... carbs vs proteins and still not feeling good... it's like a never ending psychotic cycle... and it's making me crazy... and tonight tired as i am i can't sleep... and my belly is so swollen... don't know if that is the proper word for it...inflated might be the better term... and i know the liver is the seat of anger and i feel it... boy do i feel it... if i were to do a mono diet... what food would be the best choice to help soothe this liver of mine??? no i haven't had a long fast in awhile??? maybe it's time for one though... it's just when i think about fasting or feasting even... i start to feel a bit angry...

thank you all for your wisdom...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: May 04, 2009 09:57PM

There is an acupressure point on your foot that goes straight to your liver, in between your big toe and the second one, right below the toe joint, try massaging it, with a lot of pressure, you ought to be able to feel something, some tenderness at least, Also the spot between thumb and forefinger-the fatty tissue there, do these or have someone else massage you here. Maybe google it so you have a better idea of what I'm talking about. It can't hurt.

Also research acupuncture in your area, most insurance covers a little acupuncture. And sometimes you can find a group acupuncture that is way cheap if you live in a large enough community.

Hope you find some relief, try to listen to what your body says and don't worry about the "rules" of eating.

If there is an asian market near you, lotus root and burdock root are good for healing the liver.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 04, 2009 11:06PM

luvyuu perhaps youve answered your own question. If you are tired of the purging, cleansing, mono this multithat, bingeing , feasting, fasting , etcetc... perhaps you just need to stop running it all around in circles in your head and just find a normal eating place that you are comfortable with and stick with it for awhile, instead of jumping from one thing to the next to the next, it sounds like you are entirely just throwing too many things and ideas at your body for it and your mind to handle.

i hope you find a happy medium , it is completely possible to overdo things, try doing one or two things for awhile with some consistency and then go from there

im sorry for your frustration i feel bad that you cant find a happy place, but if you perservere im sure you will succeed. chin up take a deep breath and figure it out smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: May 04, 2009 11:20PM

luvyuu-

i think a swollen belly and liver pain might be something you would want to seek medical advice about. there must be someone somewhere in some clinic that you could afford. sometimes for me, just getting a diagnosis or mainstream medical opinion is enough. then i can help my body to find balance again in my own more natural way.

i hope you feel better soon.

Date: May 06, 2009 09:50PM

yes Jodi you are quite right about that... and actually i have been doing pretty good you knew that i was dealing with acidosis as well... and i took on the Ph Miracle diet which is eating high raw and no sugars including sweet fruits... which surprisingly hasn't been too hard... and i've stuck to it for more than 2 months now... i can see that maybe i am not getting enough calories...but i haven't been too terribly active so i don't know if i have really needed the excess... lately actually all that really tastes good to me is Broccoli...

i have been cutting back on fats... in fact i don't even have the avocado i was having every day...though i do have 1-2 TBS of cold pressed oil and i may even lay back on that to see if it's the fat making my liver hurt... i have stopped all supplements except the super green powder and the ph booster to my water...i did some reading about coloidal silver and saw that it can actually cause liver troubles amongst others...so that was the first to go... but then i decided why not just cut them all out... and see how it affects the liver pain and the ph balance... all being one for anti yeast, a multi vit/mineral, pine bark...and the coilloidal silver

funny is typically i don't take supplements...but i thought do to my recent health stuff i'd try it out for a boost... seems like i was better off with out... cause i did a ph composite and it's at 6.6 give or take... which i suppose isn't so bad... though usually by the morning i'm really acidic... like 5 or 5.5...

does anyone know when the food affects the ph... so if i eat broccoli tonight will it affect the ph tomorrow... or is it 2 days or what???

my point is i don't know if the supplements were doing anything more than destroying my liver... so my ph is ok...but my liver is still aching... feels like something is pinched as if i took my 2 fingers and from top to bottom pinched it together... i did a meditation and it all i saw was a shinny stone like thing... sort of shaped the same... don't know what that means...

i do plan on getting some tests done ... i'm sort of waiting for some assistance that i applied for to come through... though after seeing Sicko I'm not sure it will help anyway...

thank you all for your concern... and your wisdom...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2009 06:13AM

Do you burp a lot too? I had the same problem it was my gallbladder. Nature's Sunshine Gallbladder support and Hydrangea fixed the problem along with taking digestive enzymes.

Posted by: kollie ()
Date: May 16, 2009 08:55AM

It might be a kidney stone, from what you describe. I've had them and they hurt like hell.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: May 16, 2009 07:41PM

all signs sound like the Gall Bladder is having difficulty. Please for safety, just have it checked out. This can turn into a VERY serious problem. If not corrected, a gall bladder can burst. If this happens, it can quickly spread infection through the entire internal cavity, adversely affecting all of the internal organs and if not quickly surgically attended to, it could result in death. Don't intend to be a fear monger, but you do not want to be cavalier about potentially serious conditions.

Posted by: loeve ()
Date: May 17, 2009 02:24PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> does anyone know when the food affects the ph...
> so if i eat broccoli tonight will it affect the ph
> tomorrow... or is it 2 days or what???
>
>

..I think pH can change quickly -- a matter of a couple hours, at least that of urine when eating foods that go into the system quickly..

..juicing carrots and dandelion are good for these things..

..rhubarb is in season and very alkalizing though, like lemon, is tart and acidic on the palate. Celery is another good one.

-- rhubarb, raw [www.nutritiondata.com]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 17, 2009 08:00PM

I was thinking gall bladder too. My daughter had similar symptoms, and at 23 they removed it. She feels a lot better now, but surgery isn't something you just want to jump into. She got a couple of opinions.

Date: May 17, 2009 09:50PM

hey all... thank you so much for all of your wisdom... yeah i do belch a lot... it's not the first time someone has said gall bladder to me... i don't really want to go the surgery route... my dad had his out and he said his symptoms were severe... mine are not so severe...but i do have this itching... terrible itching... on my sides... only...lower rib cage... i know i should get checked out... i was sort of waiting for this assistance that i applied for but apparently they filled their quota...why is health care so darned expensive... yeah yeah i know because they can... so i'm not sure what i will do... i may try those herbs...and see if they help... was there any sort of enzymes that i should use... and wondering if i am eating totally raw do i really need enzymes...

i have cut out all fat out of my diet to see if that would help... but it didn't seem to change things...but it's only been a week... and i think i need a little???

ok anyhow... blessings to all...

love laugh and dream

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 17, 2009 11:00PM

luvyuu,

It will probably take some time for you to feel benefit from low fat intake. Also, I don't recall from your other posts whether your bile purge was a success; that is, whether you evacuated a large number of stones. If it didn't go well, the gall bladder could be the problem. Please do seek out medical advice as soon as possible. Keep us posted, and get well soon.

Date: May 18, 2009 03:03AM

Holy cabbage family raw foodies... well i've been doing some research and it seems that most of what i eat are triggers for this gall bladder dilemma how crazy is that... i've been going with the theory ... i'f i'm craving it it must be good... it must be what my body wants...i should no better we tend to crave things that aren't so good for us too... and lately it's been broccoli and cauliflower and cabbage...and even Kale... and well... all these things are on the noway list... yikes... maybe i will try rearranging my diet and see what happens... and will be doing a beet recipe for the next couple of days to see if it works... can't hurt while i am seeking a way to afford the type of health care i ...and all of us deserve...

oh yes... my last liver flush was rather successful... there were not a load of huge stones...but there were plenty of small off white stones... i was not very disappointed with it...it's been about 3 weeks since then...

ok well thank you for your concern...

love laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables