Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Want your opinions. What are your favorite raw foods to put in juice or smoothies?
Posted by: Raw_Health_Nut ()
Date: April 10, 2014 10:18PM

I'm curious to learn about what everyone likes that people may not know about. I'll start by listing my top 3. I usually add these to smoothies using an almond milk base.

1. Moringa Oliefera

My favorite is moringa. I first Learned about moringa when it was on, Dr. Oz, who I usually don't find a a gret source of information. I did a bunch of research and found out that moringa is the most nutrient desne plant in the world and even holds the record for highest ORAC value(anti-oxident count).

As a health nut, I knew I had to somehow incorporate the most nutritious food in the world into my diet and I'm so glad I did. I tried it from 3 companies so far but only the 1st brand I tried was any good. I found it in a local health food store but you may get a better price online.

The brand of moringa I like best is Green Virgin Products. They are the only ones to package it properly which preserves the nutrition. It has a lot of info on their website.

2. Macca Root

My second favorite is macca root powder. I read about Macca when searching for superfoods and ended up seeing what the hype was about. It is best know for its performance enhancing properties. I tried it and it's no joke. It has a bunch of great health benefits and I can't really taste it much. Most the brand were equal in quality but if I had to pick I'd go with Earth Circle Organics.

3. Goji Berries

My 3rd favorite is goji berries. These are packed with nutrition and I love the taste. It has the highest protein content of any fruit and like moringa, it is a complete protein. My friend got me hooked on these and I always have them around. I also like adding them to trail mix. I have loved all the brands I have tried so far. Pick some up and try for yourself!

So what do you all like?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Want your opinions. What are your favorite raw foods to put in juice or smoothies?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: April 12, 2014 04:26AM

kale, bananas, blackberries, cherries, mangoes

Re: Want your opinions. What are your favorite raw foods to put in juice or smoothies?
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: April 12, 2014 05:35AM

spirulina plus any green veggies
tomatoes
lemon

Posted by: SueZ ()
Date: April 12, 2014 12:56PM

Fresh dill, red bell pepper, turmeric, and always, at least 10 (weighed dry) grams of seaweed.

Posted by: Superjuice ()
Date: April 13, 2014 10:39PM

Raw_Health_Nut, I like to soak the Goji berries and this is probably how it should be done considering they are dehydrated. I like blending fruits and not so much veggies. IMO veggies don't taste the best blended and I would rather eat them. I am sure that there are many combinations that are good but I am not much of a blender as far as that goes. I would never mix fruit with veggies in blender sot that is out for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables