Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

minimal sun = minimal health!
Posted by: liberation ()
Date: May 06, 2009 07:14PM

warm greetings again fellow health seekersyawning smiley)

i love the sun light, my body loves the sun light, as did the wild rainforest dwelling humyns over millions of years, and after six plus months of the past year in britain helping my mother on her journey forward...i am again in el-lay, and the sun helps me affirm life, remain positive, smile, have fun, create health, happiness and harmony, and i cannot see how humyns can be healthy without regular and as often as possible, full-body exposure to the astonishing miracle of the sun light.

as well as lovely raw/vegan food, exercise, rest, deep breathing, but ignore the sun at your peril, people!

btw, my housemate just moved out to be with his girlfriend, so if anyone wants to share the el-lay sun for the summer i have a cool, raw/vegan house share at a low priceyawning smiley)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: minimal sun = minimal health!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 06, 2009 08:18PM

welcome back colin smiling smiley glad you are enjoying the vit d smiling smiley we had a good 2 week run of nice weather up here in vancouver but sadly its been raining the last 3 days (right after i rototilled the gardens of course lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 06, 2009 09:02PM

Hello, Colin!

I've missed your diction! Glad to hear you are living well! I shall enjoy the sunlight vicariously through you, as our brief foray into premature summer here in Detroit has ended, and we look to be having spring rain for the foreseeable future. Ah well, it's good for the grass . . .

Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: May 06, 2009 11:12PM

I am a sun worshiper too.

Date: May 07, 2009 09:41PM

I am aching to get some sun! I love rainy days, but it's starting to get a bit depressing now! I'm going to Tuscany in the summer and although I'm the not the sort to show much skin, I think I might dress a bit more skimpy to get some long overdue vit d!

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: May 11, 2009 02:57AM

I wish I could jion you at your house in LA. Dang. I miss the sunshine. My vit D blood level is chronically low. Dr. says it's an epidemic because people don't get out in the sun anymore. We haven't see the sun very often coming out of winter. Lots of grey skys and rain. When the sun ever gets here, I'll be out in it. Too bad I'm inside until 6 or 7 pm.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 12, 2009 05:37AM

I have breakfast (juice at the moment) with my hubby on our porch every morning for a 20 minute sun bath. i am doing so so so much better in the sun! I usually take 5000 IU of D, as well. Not now as I am juice fasting, though.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:47PM

Why no vit D if you are juice fasting?

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: May 13, 2009 05:56PM

I hear you, Liberation!! I'm a Cali girl living in New England, and this past winter was especially brutal for me. I was depressed all winter, and late in March I went to San Diego to visit my oldest son for eight days. I spent the entire time in the sun, got a great tan (my souvenir!), put in a fat, phat garden with my son, and came back feeling soooo good!!! Now the weather here is nice (today, anyway), and I'm loving it!!!

Date: May 13, 2009 06:40PM

jodi n tamukha, warm and many thanks for your welcome forwardyawning smiley) i will continue to dip in n out from time to time..

vit d tabs??? as usual, the humyn mind seeks to analyse/seperate, and in doing so, tends to miss or at least cloud the key realisation re the need for sunlight. we are not badgers or bats, we are a SUN guided species, designed to be exposed to the sun in accordance with each body's ability to make use of said light, and judging by the lily-skinned demographic of this forum, in moderation.

i assume cocoanibs was referring to the, by definition, toxic lifeless vut d pills, potions n products, which must be avoided at ALL times!

i was in hurry to get out to the sunlightyawning smiley) and scanned your, "i am a cali girl living in new england... " line and read , i am a call girl:O))))) well, i found it funnyyawning smiley)

for all other replies to my clarion call to better embrace our primordial need for daily full body exposure to sunlight, many of you seem to be yeeeeaaaarrrrnnnning for the warm, loving, life affirming sunlight, so let's all take a big breath and break out of fear, and relocate to sunny climes!!!!

....mmmm says he, who has been thinking, envisioning, coaching, guiding, discussing, all aspects of humyn need, including rainforest relocation for what seems like eons, i should take my own advice and break out of el-layyawning smiley)))) (see my post from last year - "as nature intended"winking smiley, but i am still looking....

in the meantime, my raw/vegan house share at a great price for el-lay, remains available as i am insisting on a raw/vegan who will love the "simple", cheap, no stove, no heating, 2 big fridge, distilled water in glass, access to raw food gadgets, composting, light, bright, health affirming raw retreat life, 10 mins from beaches and daily organic farmers markets - summer in the sun anyone?

love n liberation n lotsa sunlightyawning smiley))))
c

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: May 13, 2009 09:30PM

Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: May 14, 2009 04:57AM

Although I do envy you back in LA, lib, in my opinion we get plenty of sun in the UK but we just choose not to get out in it, eg we'd prefer to spend time on the computer...:-) (If only I could take my own advice).

Date: May 14, 2009 04:50PM

yes, debbietook, i agree regarding our allocation of that so precious gift - time. modern industrialised humyns give away their power, and so much time to the internet, says he tapping away on this delightful sun-blessed morning.

as for britain having plenty of sun? well it does have some sunlight of course, otherwise it would be dark all the time. however, the sunlight is not consistently available at a strength necessary for our species to thrive.

make no mistake i am not promoting el-lay over britain, as overall during my six months in cornwall last year, taking an inventory of all humyn needs and my general feelings of wellbeing, i was healthier and happier there. nevertheless, most of us who visit this forum would benefit from relocating to the sun, and ideally in a moist rainforest region.

el-lay is a wonderful place for those transitioning towards being their best self, however, says he after nearly 14 raw/vegan/simplifying years here, el-lay is so seductive, and inertia is the result.

(humyn) life as designed by nature/the universe, is so simple when we are honest with ourselves.

air, rest, movement, water, sunlight and food, (and lotsa self-love), in accordance with one's ability to convert said needs into life!

el-lay is not the answer, and nor is britain.

sunny rainforest envisioning smiles, love n liberation,
c

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: May 20, 2009 02:25AM

wendysmiling, because I stayed away from any supplements (except my fresh vegan Omegas and my B12) during the feasting. I am getting sun instead. It seems any solids contribute to some sort of hunger.

Yep
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: May 20, 2009 02:30AM

Why we need the sun: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Posted by: Lightform ()
Date: May 24, 2009 12:51AM

Apparently, staring into the sun at sunrise and sunset when it is comfortable on the eyes, is also benificial for us.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: June 02, 2009 02:35PM

I completely agree that the sun is totally necessary for our optimal health. But one thing I think about is how it obviously 'ages' our skin.. (I say obviously because you just have to compare the skin you've exposed to the sun with the skin you've kept covered).

The only way I can explain it myself is that our conception of what an asthetically pleasing body/face is, is not necessarily the same as that of a perfectly healthy one... I wonder what you guys think?

Oh, and re what Lightform said, here's a good website:

[www.solarhealing.com]

right, I'm now going back outside to enjoy some beautiful Scottish sunshine smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 02, 2009 06:04PM

i think something to take into consideration is that there is a fine line between too little and too much (of anything really including the sun tongue sticking out smiley)

... finding that optimal amount seems to be an individual thing (just like everything else lol)

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: June 02, 2009 08:14PM

Ah, Southern California sunshine...
many was the time I spent, as a youngster, crying in pain from massive, severe sunburns!

I'm smarter now. smiling smiley

I use coconut oil liberally, before and after exposure.
I take Astaxanthin, which helps the body heal UV damage.
I don't spend 'too much' time in the noonday sun (though, it is the noonday sun that provides the best Vit D. Paradox, that...), just enough!
I never, never, NEVER use 'sun screen' products, as they generally contain cancer-causing ingredients! OMG!
If I do have to be out in the sun for way too long, I do have a couple of products that I checked out with the Cosmetic Safety Database, and that have totally safe ratings, and then I get them off me just as soon as possible!
In this way, even though I did have some really serious burns as a kid, now, [mumble mumble mumble]-years later, I've never had (and never expect to have) any lasting 'skin damage'.

I live in Washington state, now... do miss the sun, some days... sigh...

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 03, 2009 05:28PM

I agree -- mentally, too. I had the worst winter of my life in New England as far as depression goes, and when I spent 8 days IN the San Diego sun, the depression was GONE!!! I don't use sunscreen either. If I am out all day in the hot sun I wear a cool, long sleeve shirt, but that rarely happens. My mom, the sunscreen junkie has had skin cancer, but I haven't. I don't worry about it -- I think sunscreen causes cancer too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables