Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw Revolution bars?
Posted by: SheThrowsDown ()
Date: May 14, 2009 11:39AM

I did a "vegan treats exchange" on another forum recently and one thing I sent with my care package was a bar called "Raw Revolution" it was the only thing I sent that I've never eaten before myself. Has anyone had these? Thoughts?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw Revolution bars?
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:06PM

From the research I did awhile back, I think most or all of them are not true raw. Also read a lot of reviews saying how awful they tasted. Some like them though.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: SheThrowsDown ()
Date: May 14, 2009 01:18PM

Man that's no good sad smiley hopefully the girl I sent stuff to liked it lol

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 14, 2009 02:25PM

I think they are greasy/oily and not entirely raw. Only a last resort if I couldn't find anything fresh/raw to eat.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: May 16, 2009 11:37PM

I ate some packaged raw snacks today. Some GoRaw chips which were awesome and a Prana bar (75%) raw. I'm kinda full and a little bloaty. I don't think I'll eat the rest of the day. Maybe some Chai tea......and water.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: May 17, 2009 02:06PM

I have tried the raw revolution bar and thought it greasy and not so tasty. I like to pack a lara bar when I am camping but when I am around stores I just go in a store and buy some fruit if I am hungry and on the road. I would like to try to make my own snack bar some day when I have enough money to buy all the engredients.

Posted by: kollie ()
Date: May 18, 2009 07:28AM

I've had them. To me they taste almost the same as a lara bar, although in most flavors I prefer lara bar. In Raw Revolution I like the hazel nut flavor. Amazon used to sell them really cheep, but not anymore.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: May 18, 2009 12:32PM

u can make your own

just put a bunch of nuts ( walnuts work good) in your food processor
put in some other stuff like organic raisins or chopped figs whatever
take it out
put whatever else u want on it
make it into a square

there u go

not the best combo

but oh well

u control the rawness

the ingredients

and definetely the price

Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: May 19, 2009 09:34AM

I was traveling last week and found Raw Revolution bars at Whole Foods in a town I was in. I thought they were delish. The Chocolate Cashew bar was high calorie and 91% raw according to the label. There is also a spiralina bar with some kind of nut, I have forgotten which, and that was good as well. Fat makes things so nice and moist, so I felt like I was eating something that wasn't made to torture me, like another bar that I had the misfortune of buying a case of. I won't mention the name, but they were the driest, nastiest bars, not worth the calories.

Eating raw is something I am doing to hopefully improve my health. I don't find it wonderful and thrilling to not eat cooked, and prepared foods such as bars might help me get to a place where I am not mourning the absence of something I can get from a drive through window. I never ate that way in the first place, but the knowledge that it is forbidden now makes me long for it. Perverse.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables