Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Week 5 - I think the Detox is OVER! smiling smiley
Posted by: ShineON ()
Date: July 26, 2006 11:25PM

Ok,

I'm going on week five of eating 99% RAW. I had a slip 2 weeks ago, (lentil soup and steamed brocolli). But today and this week have been really beautiful.. I'm eating alot of sprouts,veggies,dark leafy greens, sprouted seeds, nuts, etc, and while I am digesting these gifts, I imagine digesting the life force and living energy of these foods and joining them with my spirit. Although, it's not necessary to imagine it, for it's a reality. It really is happening. Eating this way, from the earth, foods with the glow of the spirit around them, immensely increases every aspect of my life.

My mind is sharper.
My body is literally vibrating with this feeling of divinity.
My patience has finally arrived.
My anxiety is gone.
My desire to help others has increased.
My connection with other living things has been brought into high focus.
My appreciation of the juicy fruits and vegetables is growing rapidly.
My meditation is sharp and effective.
I'm rarely tired.
My skin glows, and my previous acne is non-existent.

This is all after week 5. My detox was tough. I realized although I was a vegan before going raw, 90% of my food intake was cooked, and a large majority of it was grains.

It has been a trip and a half so far.. So many bumps in the road, however they all come to this moment of gratitude and an education of what works and doesn't work for this body.

Thanks everyone for the support.. Now don't get confused when I post in a few days freaking out over something! Progress not perfection right?!

..Namaste...

-Jeff

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Week 5 - I think the Detox is OVER! smiling smiley
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 27, 2006 05:07PM

Congratulations on the accomplishments. I am just starting and have found this Web Site. I love reading the forum.

Erin Marie

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 27, 2006 08:34PM

Congrats-I'm am thrilled that you have found so much joy.

I have been 80-90% raw since Feb, but am nearing the end of a "100% raw July".

Honestly, July has not been great.
I have felt more ill in the last two weeks than I have in a while. I struggled with a cold virus (though it never brought me totally down). I have had quite a bit of intestinal upset, some nausea, and some body aches.

Since Feb I've lost about 32 lbs, about 2 of them this month. I consider that a safe and healthy rate of weight loss.

I felt closer to what you are describing prior to going 100% raw. I am wondering if this is all detox, or if I am really pushing my body too far.

Of course, having come this far in to July, I am not going to "give up". I started this month as an "experiment" and I am now trying to figure out what the lesson learned is.

Any and all comments appreciated.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 27, 2006 09:47PM

Congrats! I am glad you are figuring things out about yourself! I know what you are talking about because I am feeling the same ways lately. Isn't it fun to figure stuff out each day and week? Keep up the awesome work!

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: July 28, 2006 03:38AM

Wow, that is a beautiful thing to read, thanks for sharing your success!

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables