Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

buying sprouts
Posted by: joewood ()
Date: May 22, 2009 05:23AM

Hi All,

I am interested in learning to grow my own sprouts. B4 I spend $$ though I would like to try different ones to see what I like. Can you buy fresh sprouts at your local co-op, health food store, whole foods,etc.... I have bought the sproutman's book 'miracle foods'.

Does anyone have a preferred method of growing sprouts i.e bag,basket, or verticle sprouter??

Thanks for your input.
Joe

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: buying sprouts
Posted by: debbietook ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:04AM

Hi Joe

If you go to this page on my site,

[www.rawforlife.co.uk]

and scroll down to the section 'Preparation' there's a link to a short article that might be helpful.

Posted by: joewood ()
Date: May 22, 2009 08:40AM

Hi Deb,

Thanks for the info.

Love is patient, love is kind, it is not self-seeking, love ALWAYS protects,always endures. (1corinthians 13)

God IS love!! (1john4)
Jesus Christ...... The ONLY way to Heaven.
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life..(John 14:6)

Posted by: kollie ()
Date: May 22, 2009 04:49PM

I use the One-quart wide mouth mason jars. For the lid, netting with a rubber band will work but after a while you'll want something better. They sell a green plastic ring lid with stainless steel mesh, but it did not fit the jars (I bought at walmart). So I used just the mesh part with the original metal rings from the jars. Also you can cut your own mesh circles out of the mesh plastic they use for needlepoint or if you can find a cheap oil splatter screen, what they sell to put on top of a frying pan. As long as the mesh is not aluminum it's ok. I use bottled water for soaking and tap water for all rinsing.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables