Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

wheatgrass and ezcema, PLEASE help me!
Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: May 22, 2009 05:53PM

Ok, so I think I have eczema on my eyelids. Maybe 4 or 5 or 6 months ago, one day out of the blue, I woke up with a very very scaley, rough patch on my right eyelid. Slowly, it began to move a little to my left eyelid (just a little patch). I have tried multiple lotions, creams, coconut oil, olive oil, gold bond etc. NOTHING WORKS!!! It itches, and when I get out of the shower my eyelids are almost magenta. I can't wear any make up to cover up the color as it STINGS whenever I put anything on there that isn't like vasaline or oil. This also rules out make up as an allergent. Also, I have only been using rose water and glycerin tonic to clean my face for the past 2 months and I don't even do it on my eyelids, so it can't be that either. Can anyone help me out here? Do you think wheatgrass could help this skin problem? I am not insured and CAN NOT afford to go to a doctor or dermatologist. This is such a problem though, it is very distracting and I need it to be gone or at least under more control! PLEASE HELP ME!! Thanks smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: wheatgrass and ezcema, PLEASE help me!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 22, 2009 06:47PM

is it possible the shampoo/soap you are using is causing youtrouble? id get rid of those first and see if the problem calms down. it doesnt matter if you dont use any products directly on your lids .. the products will still be on your fingers and even if you touch your lids hours later you could be irriatting them with all the above products you mentioned

is the scaliness towards the inner or outer corners of the eye lids or pretty much smack dab in the middle? is the scaling close to the lashes or away from the lashes? if its in the corners or close to the lashes it might be blepharitis .. if its not it might be atopic dermatitis, exzema, rosacea .. or it could be a fungal thing .. or a detox thing

either way you need to find out somehow what it is and then go from there smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2009 06:49PM by Jgunn.

Posted by: kiki_day ()
Date: May 22, 2009 07:43PM

It is mostly in the center of my lid. I can text you a pic from my cellphone of how red they were yesterday when I got out of the shower if you IM me your number. I know that sounds weird but I really need someones opinion on this! I don't know about the shampoo...I have had different ones throughout all these months....but the thing is that it's when I wake up in the morning that it is super dry and flakey and then after the shower is when it turns red....Ugh.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 23, 2009 01:16AM

the thing about shampoo is that they all mostly have very similar ingredients , it really doesnt matter than youve changed them once or 100 times , you could be sensitive to a simple ingredient or chemical that is common to all of them

im not qualified to analyze your eye but id suggest going to a pharmacy and pointing it out to the pharmacist and feign suprise when he tells you he thinks you have X whatever it is .. and its free .. chances are he could be wrong but pharmacists are pretty up on common illnesses and ails smiling smiley

whatever it is fungal, bacterial, detox or whatever , you really need to find out what it is before you do anything about it .. natural or otherwise smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 23, 2009 01:54AM

It sounds like a fungus to me, based on its "moving" from one eyelid to another. I agree with Jodi: try to get an expert's opinion. In the meantime, for heaven's sake, don't put things like Gold Bond or Vaseline anywhere near your eyes, OK?

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: May 23, 2009 02:09AM

If what you have is eczema, this is often more of an internal condition rather than an external irritant. You can try just bathing with water only, and see if the condition goes away. If it doesn't, then look to practice the habits that create health: a healthful raw diet, plenty of rest and sleep, reducing stress and worry in your life, exercise, sunshine, fresh air, mental and emotional poise, etc.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: May 23, 2009 06:27AM

I think jodi is offering good advice. Just a note from my own experience - When i was diagnosed with an underactive thyroid I got excema for the first time in my life (46yrs). They are connected I have discovered so maybe you have some other reason for the problem on the eyelids. I agree that yu must try and find out from some one who knows - second guessing is not a great idea.

I hope you find a solution soon.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables