Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Trying to not be lost..
Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: June 03, 2009 01:51AM

Hi, ive been vegan for three years and have been flirting with the idea of going raw. The thing is because of my work I now live in Grand Isle Louisiana... Look it up, this place is sucking me dry. Its hard, I have few vegan friends and they are far away and no one around here has a clue what vegan is, im afraid to talk raw! They might think im trying to starve myself. Oh well, I guess im reaching out because Im feeling very alone. Is any one from around here or have any advise or should I just jump head first? Thanks for listening.
morgen

nomnomnomnom...!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Trying to not be lost..
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 03, 2009 02:51AM

Welcome. smiling smiley Keep it simple and enjoyable. Take it slow. Research and take from it what works for you. Lots of info on the internet & forums and books to help you.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2009 03:40AM

HI
there are many people who thrive on the a raw food lifestyle. It is good to do a juice fast first to eliminate cravings for cooked foods and then it will be easy to go into a raw food diet. This is what I do for people who have weight problems or autoimmune illness or diabetes or insomnia or any type of chronic illness when they come to my place. They are amazed that they can heal on these foods and are highly motivated to continue the lifestyle that they learn in our retreat. You may wnat ot check our website www.rawdetox.org or mindyourbody.info

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 03, 2009 03:41AM

HI
there are many people who thrive on the a raw food lifestyle. It is good to do a juice fast first to eliminate cravings for cooked foods and then it will be easy to go into a raw food diet. This is what I do for people who have weight problems or autoimmune illness or diabetes or insomnia or any type of chronic illness when they come to my place. They are amazed that they can heal on these foods and are highly motivated to continue the lifestyle that they learn in our retreat. You may want to check our website www.rawdetox.org or www.mindyourbody.info

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 03, 2009 03:43AM

wow vegan 3 years well ya already got the big battle beat ! dont talk to your friends dont discuss your diet .. ease into raw when you feel comfortable

its not crazy, obscure, weird or insane to eat fruits and veggies smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 03, 2009 04:17AM

In my experience, if you don't make YOUR diet an issue...and support others and their dietary choices.....you should have few problems. People that have problems on the social level when adjusting to eating raw....often are creating problems for themselves...by putting their diet in people's faces.......even if they mean well...I find it better to not mention my diet...especially in groups...but rather wait to talk to individuals...in private....politely...one-on-one....if they are interested. You know?

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 03, 2009 11:40AM

I'm in Philadelphia and I have no in-person raw friends. So it's not uncommon and not necessary to have other raw people in your life. I'm perfectly happy as I am. Just do what feels best for you! smiling smiley

Posted by: morgenjune ()
Date: June 03, 2009 12:19PM

Wow, thanks you guys! Its not that I put my diet out there for all to see, its that I work on a boat and we go out for days at a time... So there is no place to get any peace. Most of the crew are pretty cool about it but there are a cupple I could do with out. I think maybe starting next week I will do a juice fast as Devamaia sugested? Yeah that sounds good. Are there any recomended recipes? I usually just do random stuff like cucumber, broccoli, carrot and a piece of fruit.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables