Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Hi im new to all this!!!!
Posted by: sexymama25 ()
Date: June 04, 2009 05:25AM

Hi im new to all this and i wanted some advice, how i could get started with this and what good foods i should try and i would like to lose weight and eat right, and live much better. thanks if anyone had any advice

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Hi im new to all this!!!!
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 04, 2009 06:02AM

Start by getting some raw vegan food and eating it for your next meal. Then just start tuning into your body as your coach. At first you will get some static in your body signals like un-wanted cravings from addictive cooked foods. Ask yourself if the message you are getting is for healthy natural food or is it for junk food ? Your answer can help guide you as you get past the static. The static will slowly disappear like echos that fade in both frequency and strength. As you learn to trust your body signals they will become nice and clear and extend into other areas of your life like exercise etc. We are all different so your inner coach is your best guide on your raw food journey.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 04, 2009 08:01AM

Start by not limiting yourself....and trying a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables....and not worry about any particular rules. Don't concentrate on NOT eating poor stuff...just concentrate on eating the fresh, raw produce that you do LOVE. The food CAN be your medicine! When you have eating well for a week or two....see how thinking about eating crap makes you feel.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 04, 2009 12:30PM

If you enjoy salads, one simple thing you can do is to start making your own raw salad dressings. Commercial salad dressings are often very unhealthy, and your homemade ones can taste much better. If you find two or three that you love, it can increase your enjoyment of your salads, and their health value.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 04, 2009 01:58PM

I particularly like David Mason's advice of focusing on the positive aspects of enjoying raw foods and letting your body tell you how to proceed. Find the raw foods that feel the absolute best, the ones that you think might be especially right for your needs, and the ones that sound like an adventure.

Be mindful, keep reading, and have fun with it.

Cindy Groves
[www.MindBodySpiritHealth.info]

Date: June 04, 2009 04:06PM

thanks guys so much, it helps so much to have some support, as this is my first time going all raw on foods. so thanks once again

Posted by: meganbubbs ()
Date: June 04, 2009 05:41PM

There are lots of yummy friuts just coming into season now, cherries, apricots, peaches etc. add these to your diet and slowly drop things like sugar, flour, dairy etc. and see how you feel. Stay into tune with your body and do what feels right.

Date: June 05, 2009 03:46AM

meganbubbs, what other raw foods are good for you to eat, what does it mean by raw foods, what are raw foods? lol im so new to this and this sucks, i feel so alone and got to help myself out and do the right thing, please anyone help me thanks

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 05, 2009 06:40PM

Hopefully this will help get you started [living-foods.com]

Date: June 06, 2009 03:15AM

sexymama25 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> meganbubbs, what other raw foods are good for you
> to eat, what does it mean by raw foods, what are
> raw foods? lol im so new to this and this sucks, i
> feel so alone and got to help myself out and do
> the right thing, please anyone help me thanks

I like to eat food in it's most simple form. Any friut is good for me. I love grapes and young coconuts. Carrots are great.

My favorite salad is a spinnach salad with apples, oranges and sliced almonds. The dressing to go with it is: olive oil, apple cider vinnegar (equal amounts). dry mustard powder & crushed garlic to taste and sesame seeds. Sometimes I toast the sesame seeds until they are a little brown. This is a great salad and it fills you up.

Smoothies are good with bananas.

I ate a lot of nuts and nut butters when I started. Avocados, watermelon.
Think of the produce market, anything you can pick up and eat on the spot is good. Apples are great if you feel hungry.

Look around this site- you should be able to get a lot of good ideas and inspiration.

Good Luck!

Date: June 06, 2009 05:53AM

thanks so much, today i went raw and it felt so great, but then i cheated and half a donutand a tiny piece of pizza crust, it was so hard not to give in, but then again its my first day. so one day at a time, but thanks guys for all ur help, it really helps to have support and makes u feel alot better

Date: June 06, 2009 06:04AM

i also like to add i had lots of carrots and 2 apples and one white peach. it was so good and felt so great

Date: June 06, 2009 06:56AM

Try to not get so discouraged if you eat something you feel guilty about later.
It is definately a journey.

Date: June 06, 2009 10:24PM

thanks but im trying my best and thanks for the support! it is hard, but i feel so good that im eating right and not eating fast food or junk that is bad for my body. i used to eat out alot and its so not good. but thanks and take care

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: June 07, 2009 01:01AM

I'd like to suggest that going Raw is not black/white, yes/no, all or nothing.,
Especially at the beginning, this is a process... you are transitioning into a raw lifestyle.
Kevin Gianni has a book, High Raw, where he talks about starting out "thinking like a raw fooder"... in other words, add a lot of healthy, tasty raw food into your daily diet, and whenever you get hungry, ask yourself "what would a raw fooder eat?" Try to eat that. If you can't, plan how you may be able to next time. If you start out with your first 2 meals, and maybe a snack, of only lovely, tasty, fresh raw food (fruit, green leafy veggies, non-sweet fruit, some raw nuts or seeds), then if you do have some steamed veggies or some grain food (like quinoa or brown rice, perhaps) for dinner, you are still AHEAD OF THE GAME! smiling smiley

I started this journey with Victoria Boutenko's book "Green for Life"... for me, green smoothies made the transition work.

Find what works for you. And remember, this is a process, a journey, a transition. It's NOT a contest. smiling smiley

Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much
We are all in this together!
Namasté

Date: June 07, 2009 06:53PM

thank u

Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 07, 2009 07:36PM

Experiment with a variety of recipes. Keep it simple unless you truly enjoy preparing food. Make sure to eat a lot and eat often. For losing weight, I always recommend 5-7 small meals. With raw, at the beginning, it may need to be bigger meals or more often.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Date: June 08, 2009 04:09AM

thanks i will try this, anyone else have any good info

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 08, 2009 05:37AM

I would add that IMO eating a good % of whole foods (natural "as is" foods) is a good idea as part of a healthy lifestyle.

Date: June 08, 2009 06:21PM

what are IMO? i never heard of that, thats why i ask

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 08, 2009 06:23PM

IMO is short for "in my opinion". It just saves time when typing.

Date: June 08, 2009 06:45PM

lol sorry! hehe

Date: June 08, 2009 11:11PM

im new to this

Date: July 31, 2009 01:20AM

im back again

Posted by: kleinphi ()
Date: July 31, 2009 05:12AM

sexymama25,

This may not be what you want to hear, but I want to address a few of your points:

Rather than trying to lose weight, you may want to consider surrounding yourself with different people. There is only one thing I, for example, find more attractive than a heavy, voluptuos, succulent woman, and that would be a raw woman.

On the flip side, I have always been very thin. I could probably try to become a bodybuilder, but instead I chose to spend time with people who like thin men. Problem solved.

Raw chocolate will suppress your appetite. Some raw foodists consider it a "super food," others say it's not even raw, and they consider it addictive and toxic. It will make you thin, though, and it is most likely better for you than most of what you have eaten in your life, and (like most addictive substances) it does make you feel pretty good as long as you stay on it.

Eventually (and that means years from now) you will probably find that you thrive on mostly fresh fruit, leaves, and a little bit of sproutable or sprouted seeds. 80/10/10 would be close to that "ultimate" goal, but compared to the Standard American Diet (also known by the acronym SAD), you will feel amazing on any version of a raw or "high raw" diet. You can easily fine-tune it later, once the initial doubt and apprehension are gone. Getting to that point, though, is the tricky part: to the point where you know beyond a doubt that raw foods make you feel amazing. It's not difficult or hard per se, but you may end up giving up if you never try it for long enough to feel the results after the initial withdrawal symptoms, which usually last for a couple of months.

Date: July 31, 2009 05:26AM

Klienphi, thanks for the message!!!!! that was so up lifting and that was so nice of you to say those kind things, thanks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables