Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

i need help!....reel me in my friends!
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:03AM

my 2 months of 95% raw have slowly, over the past week or so, drifted south! today i think 50% raw would be a stretch. it all started with that little 1oz bit of coffee last week. it ruined my sobriety. and that's exactly how i feel when i have caffeine- like i'm on a mind-altering drug. i've increased that 1 oz over the past week to a small cup, and that has lead to crappy food choices.

i love this forum, and all of you, because i feel i have this invisible yet real support. i think just writing this post is the most helpful- it's putting my re-commitment into writing for the world to read.

i really need to get back on track and regain my clarity and sense of well-being, not just because i think i should, but because i really have to. in 7 days i am going to start my skydiving class, and i need my head to be screwed on straight. i have 7 days to wash out this coffee/cooked food haze and get clear again. i need all of my whits about me when i jump out of an airplane at 15,000 feet with a piece of nylon strapped to my back.

i have lots of good, fresh fruits and veggies all ready to start fresh with tomorrow. i'd do a fast, but there's no time for that now, plus, i'm not in the mindset to pull that off at this point. i'm not too far out there, either, i just feel my clarity and lightness slipping....and if today was barely 50% raw, i need to pull in the reigns and get back in the game before 50% turns into 40%, 30%, 20%....

wow- i think this post is testimony enough to my wacked out state of mind from the coffee. i feel like i am rambling on and on... so i'll stop, and hopefully get "reeled in" real soon.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: i need help!....reel me in my friends!
Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:47AM

marsh

i have lots of good, fresh fruits and veggies all ready to start fresh with tomorrow.

If your serious about staying raw then don't wait until tomorrow. Make the very next bite your start. Also as Tony Robbins says "never leave the moment of a decision without making a commitment move". Take any junk food you have into the bathroom and flush it (don't plug your toilet). After thats done resolve to avoid that first bite or sip of the addiction. Everything will line up from there and if it dosn't then keep repeating that scenario until it sticks. Good luck.

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 07, 2009 04:16AM

Marsh,
Take a deep breath... relax... and smile! You're beautiful, and it's going to be okay. The 'okay' part starts with forgiving yourself. And then you can come up with an inspired plan to get back on track. The inspiration part might come from meditation or just going out for a walk and clearing your thoughts.

Seeing you on your raw path, walking in the sunlight of your inner knowing and strength. It's all there, already inside of you, just waiting for you to become conscious of it. :-)

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 07, 2009 10:33AM

hi marsh

here is a rope

i'm pulling the thingamajig thing that turns the thing that looks like a big spool with the black cord or rope

there ya go!!

cuz i want you to have a SUPER SPECTACULAR time jumping out into the blue white clear sky

and landing like a bird

Posted by: juicerkatz ()
Date: June 07, 2009 12:54PM

Was it FDR that said "pull yourself up by your bootstraps" (correct me if I'm wrong, I'm a bit fuzzy first thing in the morning! winking smiley

There is nothing like a "New Beginning"; to start fresh, anew, renewed, and with a new zeal, pressing on toward the mark of the high calling...

We all stumble at times, none is perfect 100% of the time. The best part about falling is that we have another chance, another opportunity to make it right. Don't be hard on yourself, but do be "firm" in your commitment.

What I do to stay "clean" is to keep ALL of the junk out of the house. especially in areas that i know I will be tempted in. If coffee is that area for you, throw it out.

For me, the area of temptation is - dare I even mention it - chocolate! winking smiley winking smiley

I cannot allow it in the house or I will gobble it all down, rest assured! I also do my best to not put myself in social situations where I know there will be a lot of temptations or "tempters", other folks that will try to sabotage my efforts. I am somewhat surprised at how many of those folks are around, seemingly standing by me in my healthful quest, but not really...

Anyway, I hope I tossed out a line for you to grab onto, along with the others!

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: June 07, 2009 02:14PM

I had some cooked nasties last week. For me I just made my next meal juice or a smoothie which fills me up and it makes me want to be as raw as I can, I guess it gets in my system quickly and "reminds" me. Best to you! ((huggs))

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:09PM

>What I do to stay "clean" is to keep ALL of the junk out of the house. especially in areas that i know I will be tempted in. If coffee is that area for you, throw it out.<

I second that one! I cook for my husband, so some of the food in our refrigerator is not raw vegan fare, but we rarely bring anything into the house that's processed.

>For me, the area of temptation is - dare I even mention it - chocolate! winking smiley winking smiley
I cannot allow it in the house or I will gobble it all down, rest assured!<

I would too. I'm also one of those people who can't seem to stop at just one small bite or portion-- my appestat doesn't seem to have a cut-off point at times, so that it doesn't know when I've had enough and I should stop feeling hungry!, especially toward evening-- so I have to really work at keeping anything unhealthy out of my kitchen, and I generally do. In truth, the only time I'm almost 100% sure of controlling my appetite is when I juice fast; it's easy then.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:09PM

Above posts all rock!!

Wanted to add thatfor some people a gradual transition is whatveors better. I used to be of the all-or-nothing mindset, but the sudden switch thing had never really worked for me but always backfired. So I set smaller goals and made sure I was dealt firm in their achievement until I moved on to the next one. Over two years I cut out all sorts of things and if I messed up it would always be at just a juncture but never a complete 'falling off the wagon'. In your case maybe just cutting out coffee may help, while at same time adding in more greens and fruits? Before your big dive you wouldn't want to deal with heavy detox anyways.

Skydiving - so cool. Have fun!!!

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:22PM

I've heard people saying that green smoothies are a big key to addiction control and I started doing a lot of green smoothies at Christmas time because I bought myself a Magic Bullet then. I didn't think that I noticed a dramatic difference but then, a few months later, I got lazy about making green smoothies and some old cravings returned, so I think that they might make a difference. I'm back on the green smoothie bandwagon but I don't do the huge ammount other people do, I just do about 2-3 cups of chopped greens a day.

Date: June 07, 2009 03:25PM

oh my gosh!! i feel the love! i'm grabbing that rope! thank you all so much smiling smiley)

i know in my heart it's the coffee. it is a sly, evil drug for me, and that is what has started this tiptoeing into other foods that clearly aren't good for me. but i'm back! it's morning and i'm about to have a yummy smoothie.

i wish i could quote each and every post and reply to all of you personnaly, but let me just suffice it to say that all of you helped so much. really. thanks so much for everything you wrote. and thanks for throwing out that line of support and encouragement. it think we did it! i feel myself getting reeled in!

xoxoxo marsh

Posted by: RaeVynn ()
Date: June 08, 2009 08:06PM

For you, it's coffee.
For me, it's bread. I don't touch it. Ever.

I might have a little cooked something here and there (like, no more than one part of one meal, no more than once a week), but it cannot be wheat!

I'm currently sitting at about 95% raw (since a few of the ingredients I use are not strictly raw, 100%)... but I'll allow a little steamed veggies on a rare occasion, etc. I think that if I ate cooked wheat, I'd have to start all over, too!

Now you have learned something about coffee, and how it affects you. You are so much further along smiling smiley

You can DO this!

Date: June 09, 2009 12:10AM

wheat comes in a close second.... it makes me so spaced out and sleepy, then i crave the coffee. OR i have the coffee which makes me jittery, and then crave the wheat which brings me down.

they are both on my "no-no" list. and you're right, once identified, the culprits have so much less power.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 09, 2009 01:33AM

Way to go marsh!

And everybody else too! I love this forum for all the support. smiling smiley

Posted by: pampam ()
Date: June 09, 2009 03:48AM

ah the coffee, I have a hard time with the coffee. Its more of a social thing plus it seems to fill a phsychological need. The coffee ;not only revs up the body after a bout of eating cooked foods and the person is depleated of energy and feels the need to have a pick me up to keep up throughout the day and so goes the cycle of eating cooked foods. When we want to quit the coffee I have experianced a resistance and have fought with myself trying to stop the coffee. I finally just gave in to the coffee habit and let myself drink it for a while but makeing myself aware of everything the coffee did for me. I finally got to the point that I did not want the coffee due to the adverse effects. I was able to pick up a green smoothie rather than coffee and did not feel deprived. It is very good to start getting on track the minute you think of going raw rather than the next morning. I have promised myself to make the changes the next morning and end up binging on foods that I know I will not allow myself when eating raw but that is not healthy. I also would get so frusterated and fast for days on end but would end up binging on the cooked foods after a long fast. I am finding that our words will help us control our actions. To use positive afermations is a powerful tool in makeing changes in our lives. State your intentions to make healthful choices and you may find your actions following your words, but the negative words will taint your thoughts and make it difficult to follow through with the changes.
Another thought to ponder is the actions you have made will make you stronger in your resolve towards better eating habits, you don't have to feel defeated you have come a long way in your learning and you are still learning. You will make it Marsh, You have made it this far.
Love
Pam

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables