Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

emotional detox
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2009 03:24PM

I ws wondering if anyone could comment about some of the emotional detox symptoms they experienced, especially in the first months of 'rawness'. Also, does the eating of fruit alone make the detox more intense?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: emotional detox
Posted by: cocoa_nibs ()
Date: June 08, 2009 07:37PM

very intense sudden anger, as well as sadness. Heightened sensitivity against certain people, places, situations...
Sometimes it felt like a roller coaster. Yes, fruit alone made the detox more intense, but the most intense detox comes from green juices for me. I transitioned slowly so it woudl come in bits and bouts.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 08, 2009 07:40PM

Not everyone experiences detox - I have not experienced any

Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:08AM

I have been dealing with emotional detox symptoms for the past few weeks. Oddly enough, I mainly have issues at night when the sun starts setting. I think this could be because I am pretty occupied at work during the day. Once the day slows down and I have not a whole lot going on, I am FLOODED with depressed thoughts and feelings. I feel like I could burst into tears at any moment, I rethink my life and worry about my future, I contemplate whether I'm really happy with the direction I'm going, etc... I also become slightly irritable. I typically stay away from people as I become angry easier, and I can get a little bitchy. I also start the emotional eating, which I've been working hard at resisting. Usually I just drink a very large glass of juice (which could make it worse) and shortly after go to bed. I feel more refreshed in the morning.

This part of the detox is driving me mad, and it's making the diet really hard for me. The flood of emotion can be so intense that I have come close to eating cooked food, something I haven't intentionally done for the past 46 days. Not just any cooked food either, but like a full-out fast food binge. I didn't eat fast food before I started eating raw, so I'm assuming the cravings are detox symptom.

I'm trying to decide whether or not I ride out the intense detox or I eat something that may slow down the process. I kind of want to just get it out of the way and feel better already. Plus, the things I could eat could irritate my illness.

Is there anything else that can help with the emotion?

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:14AM

when i dont drink coffee for the day, i get REALLY emotional.

its not a bad thing, i rather like it, but tears come easily. i think it might be im not masking with a drug

but thats the great thing about adventures like going raw, you get creative on finding ways to cope

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 11, 2009 04:29PM

I didn't notice any emotional detox early on, but I've had a few episodes unstable feelings which have generally led to a greater understanding and acceptance.

Recently, I started to include more greens and more juice in my diet, which I think has led to an accelerated detox. I've been finding myself a lot more vulnerable to stress in the last few weeks. (Of course, since my parents moved in with me last month, I have a new source of stress in my life.) After one incident with my mother which would normally have been merely annoying, I spent most of the next day too stressed and upset to accomplish much of anything. Amazingly, when I finally found my center again, I saw that the thing that had annoyed me so much, though it had been thoughtless, was motivated by my mother's joy of life and creative impulses. I realized that I could express my objections so that it would be clear that it was a specific action I was upset about, and not her motivation. Without this insight, I might have appeared to be objecting to my mother's creativity and joy. No one needs that, especially from family.

I blame the detox for my initial too-strong reaction, and I credit the detox for my later clarity.

I feel that emotional detox, like the other detox symptoms you may experience, is worth the journey. It can help you to clear years of build-up and blockage which might not seem significant, like a thin layer of soap scum, until it's gone and you realize how much more beautiful life is without it.

(If you're curious, my mother dug a trench in my front yard, very nearly electrocuting herself by plunging the spade into soil which she knew had at least one live electrical wire running through it. I came home to find the trench in front, and my mother inside eating dinner. She had thought it was a good spot for a flower garden. Though I would have appreciated a veto opportunity on the entire project, my conversation with her about it was limited to electrical concerns - turning off breakers where appropriate - and structural ones - not digging any more around the lamp pole so as not to risk knocking it over. She did eventually install a climbing hydrangea at the base of the lamp pole, and is now thinking over options for other flowers.)

Posted by: streambeam ()
Date: June 11, 2009 08:37PM

Im going thru the same thing, oddly Ive only begun this emotional detox after months raw. The sadness is so overwhelming, I hurt so much and cant talk to anyone about it. Thank god for this forum. I search desperately for things that will make me laugh or at least calm the storm, but its very difficult. I will cry my self to sleep on many a night hoping for this to end, but it doesnt. Glad to know Im not alone in this. I must be patient,soon this transition will end, hopefully very soon. Much luv, streambeam.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 12, 2009 02:46AM

seriously....try tapping.

www.emofree.com

download the free booklet and do the "recipe".

jj

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2009 02:55AM by juicin' john.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables