Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My confusion is this
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 07, 2009 05:33PM

An example 2000 kcal. raw diet for one day.
Fruit: 100g red peppers, 200g tomatoes, 300g oranges, 200g apples, 500g bananas, 100g pears, 50g peaches, 50g raspberries, 200g kiwi fruit, 100g strawberries, 50g mangos.
Green leafy vegetables and broccoli: 200g lettuce, 100g kale, 100g spinach, 100g broccoli.
High-fat foods: 200g avocado, 30g almonds, 20g hazelnuts, 10g flaxseed, 3g Brazil nuts
Other: 100g carrots, 100g peas.

This seems so much to eat. And maybe this is why I will snap and break on raw foods. I Certainly was not eating this amount. Is this what you need to stay on a raw food diet. And if so how can you find time with working. hmmm. Any advice I would appriciate. Thanks everyone

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My confusion is this
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 07, 2009 07:06PM

I wouldn't eat those foods, but I would eat more calories than that from fruit mostly and some greens, maybe avocado here and there. Don't you like to eat? smiling smiley And what are you confused about?

I'm not even close to snapping, been raw a year and a half, vegan for 7 years.

Posted by: marsh ()
Date: June 07, 2009 07:30PM

hellokitty-

here is my approach to raw, which is the same as my approach to life:

all of the formulas and guidelines to the raw food diet were developed by others who have found what has worked for them. we are all different. if someone else thrives on only fruit, great. if someone else thrives at only 80% raw, good for them. one person may transition easily and successfully going cold turkey, while another may find what resonates as good for them may be transitioning slowly over a year or more.

i've learned over the years to come to rely on my own inner guidance and to listen to my body and give it what it needs (and this goes for my mind and my spirit as well). when i turn outward seeking what is good for me through the opinions of others who are not living my life, almost always it is the wrong formula. and this i believe is the root of confusion- looking outward instead of inward.

so i read, i listen, i observe, and i experiment. and in the end my body will tell me what feels the best, and my feelings will tell me whether or not i am on the right path or not. when i'm feeling good, it means i'm on the right track.

forget what the books and the "experts" claim to be the be-all, end-all truth. believe in your own ability to make wise choices, and trust in that ability! that is my two cents.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 07, 2009 08:23PM

Thanks guys,

i am trying, I do like to eat and found I could eat pasta in large portions. I guess my pasta was 100g so it was not as much as I realized. Raw food seems to be different, it seems to take me a long time to eat as well.

Utopian Life what do you eat in the day?

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 07, 2009 08:24PM

marsh

so i read, i listen, i observe, and i experiment. and in the end my body will tell me what feels the best, and my feelings will tell me whether or not i am on the right path or not. when i'm feeling good, it means i'm on the right track.

This is the way I do it to. First I gather all the information and opinions I can and then I experiment. From the experiments and my thinking I take whatever nuggets I find and make them a part of my life. Each day I try to continuously expand and grow by keeping an open mind and searching for more nuggets to help me live a life of ever increasing vitality and happiness.

Date: June 07, 2009 08:43PM

Whole papaya
3 bananas
4 c. blueberries
3 c. strawberries
whole cantelope
6 c. grapes
3 zucchini, noodled (smiling smiley)
Fresh & sun-dried tomato sauce with lemon juice, basil, dates, a bit of pink salt
Green juice with cucumber, celery, kale, spinach, parsley
About 15 dates
7 large lettuce leaves

------------
7 bananas, whipped with 1.5 c. each raspberries and blueberries
2 c. honeydew melon
1/2 c. kiwi
1/2 c. strawberries
1/2 c. mango
1/2 c. grapes
2 c. pineapple
4 bananas, whipped with blueberries
green juice with cilantro, kale, cucumber, celery, seaweed
1 pear (yeah, I know, seems like a diet compared to the rest)
12 c. spinach with grapefruit salad (they put ground black pepper on it, nothing else)
2 c. blackberries
1/2 c. bluerberries
1 c. mango
1/2 c. raspberries
1.33 c. dried strawberries (with pineapple juice)

-----------
5 bananas
5 bananas
5 bananas
carrot-apple-celery juice
5 bananas, 2 c. strawberries, 2 c. mangoes
green juice with collards, cucumber, romaine, celery, cilantro, basil, spinach.

about 20 c. or so of spinach and some tomato and cucumber.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2009 08:43PM by Utopian Life.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 07, 2009 11:57PM

Utopian--
Is that the amount you eat in a day? I don't think I would have time to do anything else if I ate that amount! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: June 08, 2009 08:18AM

Hello Kitty,

The foods you have listed do not come to a huge amount really - it depends what your background is. I imagine all that fruit and veg. might look a little daunting if you are used to burgers and fries but you quickly get used to it.

Did you not cook before? It doesn't take much time to make a salad or select some fruit. I find I spend a fraction of the time in the kitchen than I used to and have practicarly no washing up - this free's up time in my experience.

It's good to make time for eating and really enjoy the whole experience.

My longest job is washing lettuce!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 08:21AM by flipperjan.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: June 08, 2009 05:40PM

All you really need to do is eat until you are no longer hungry. Just pay attention to your body and not what others think you should eat. It shouldn't be stressful. This is my typical day right now:

BR: smoothie w/ 2 bananas & 1/2c blueberries
SN: apple or 2 or apple & orange w/ walnuts
LN: salad w/ sunflower seed "ranch" dressing
SN: banana
DN: a zucchini w/ marinara sauce
SN: banana w/ cashew butter or another salad

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2009 05:41PM by wendysmiling.

Date: June 08, 2009 07:02PM

The lines ---- separate days, so that's a three-day example list there.

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 08, 2009 08:40PM

Okay Utopian, that makes a lot more sense. I actually thought that might be the case -- after I posted!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables