Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

energy drink
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 09, 2009 09:54AM

i need some advice on how to make an energy drink. When I frist started to give up gluten and dairy my energy came back. I felt like a 20 year old. Now Ive gone back to how I used to feel. Old and tired. @ only 32 years old. Does anyone have a jucie drink I can blend that will create energy and Vitality. im now starting my raw food life slowly. My body went thourh mostly raw foods then backed to cooked then mostly raw foods. It doesnt know what it is doing at the moment.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: energy drink
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2009 12:46AM

Juice:

Cucumbers or Zucchini
Celery
Apples
Carrots
Beets and/or Ginger
Optional: Greens

Celery
Red Pepper
Garlic
Hot Pepper
Orange Juice

Smoothies:

Banana
Celery
Optional: Dates

2 Bananas
2 Celery stalks
2 Dates
½ tsp Ginger, peeled and minced
1 Tbs Goji Berries
1 Tbs Hemp protein powder
1 cup Water

Greens
¼ cup Hemp Butter
1 Tbs Bee Pollen powder or granules
1 Tbs Honey or other sweetener
1 tsp Salt
Optional: Goji Berries
16oz Water

Some also like to use green powders like Vitamineral Green, chlorella, spirulina. Or even load up on greens in juice or smoothie.

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: June 10, 2009 02:49AM

I would recommend getting more rest and sleep to refresh yourself rather than taking an energy drink. Also take a look at foods that may be draining your energy: cooked foods, fats, poor food combinations.

To have the most energy available for your life, its helps to reduce the energy you use to digest. This means eat the simplest meals possible, say like mono-meals.

Also, experiencing painful emotions or having a lot of mental churning wastes energy.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 10, 2009 07:39AM

agreed with Bryan

what is draining your energy??

you dont need any supplements or stimulants IMO!

Date: June 10, 2009 08:15PM

Its hard to tell what is draining my energy. I am still on pentasa which is an IBD medication. This can drain energy also I have been ill recently. Ive also went through a lot of up and downs with my diet. I tried to get off my meds but was not in a correct position to at the time. That was a mistake as well. I should have been listening to Paul more closely before I tried that.

Date: June 10, 2009 08:20PM

oh yea I was stressed about my sales manager job at the present. Sales have not been great. Probably due to the economy

Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:07AM

water gives me energy

too much sleep for me will have me feeling groggy

they say detoxing slows you down, if this is your case, you may have to ride it out

oarnges give me a boost,apples,enough exercise

Posted by: brian1cs ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:01AM

A drink won't give you energy. Rest and sleep will. And as Bryan said, try to pinpoint the foods that steal energy from you.
Also, it's normal to feel low energy when first starting raw(I don't know if that's your case)as the body starts to come off the many stimulants(foods, coffee etc) it has been accustomed to having.

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 11, 2009 05:09AM

I took pentasa and steroids for 4 years for my crohns, its been in remission nearly 2 years now

rest, eat well.. it will heal.. your energy will return!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables