Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

best raw food to maintain weight
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 09, 2009 05:20PM

Just again wondering what the best raw food is to maintain weight

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: best raw food to maintain weight
Posted by: GilmoreGirl ()
Date: June 10, 2009 12:35AM

I think it's more about finding the proper balance of foods that work for you since everyone is different. If you're worried about losing weight when you don't need to, make sure you get enough fats. Yet don't overdo it. Experiment to see how you feel. Also make sure you eat enough. For beginners, usually you need to eat more meals, more often and then later cut back.

Nice photo. smiling smiley

Simple Raw Recipes & Health Tips

Date: June 10, 2009 09:11PM

When I first went raw, just over a year ago, I lost a lot of weight -- which I was NOT trying to do, because I was already skinny. I finally stopped losing weight, at least, but couldn't seem to gain any back. I particularly wanted to put on just a little bit of fat, because I apparently had none at all, and that just isn't healthy -- fat is essentially one of a person's endocrine glands, because it makes hormones.

Just in the past few months, I've finally started to put on a little more weight, about 5 pounds so far, including a little fat. I'm guessing this is due to one of several things (or a combination):

1. I've been eating dehydrated crackers made from slightly-sprouted grain (with buckwheat being my current favorite).

2. I added a little dulse to my diet for iodine and other trace minerals.

3. My digestion seems to have improved, perhaps because I've been raw for a while now, or perhaps because I increased my intake of leafy greens (2# per day in green smoothies). I've read about other people who couldn't maintain their weight on a raw diet until they included significant amounts of blended greens.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 11, 2009 12:14AM

A high protein, moderate raw fat....high carb diet....lifting weights....and eating 1-2 meals per day should maintain/increase your weight profile. Items like nuts and sprouts...along with your leafy greens should do well.

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables