Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw greetings from Germany
Posted by: Helen ()
Date: June 09, 2009 07:53PM

Hello everyone,

I am from Germany, 27 years old, high-raw since 2005, and a reader of this site since 2006. As I thought one has to pay to register in this discussion forum, I never signed up. Now I checked it again, and realized that registration is for free.

I am very glad to be able to comunicate with you now. First, some of your posts have been very helpful to me. Second, I might have some advice for people here, too.

I always had a quite healthy lifestyle, but did not feel really really well. So I started to research on raw food on the web and found nice forums, advice, and a really great raw food community in the German city I lived then. Last year I moved, but I found new raw friends here in my new city, and I am really happy about that.

About my diet: When I am on my own, I eat mostly raw food, and hardly ever buy other "food", but when I am on a party, potluck or with my boyfriend (we see each other only about every other weekend as he lives 500 kilometres away), I am not strong enough to stick only to raw foods yet. Usually I eat fruit and greens for breakfast, a salade in the canteen for lunch, and a homemade salade for dinner. I sometimes eat raw chocolates, crackers, cakes etc.

2 weeks ago I spend a weekend in London, Great Britain, and had the chance to visit some awesome raw food restaurants there. I also bought a jackfruit in an Asian store. Both are things I miss in Germany. There are only 1-2 raw resturants in the whole country, and the fruit selection in Asian stores is limited, and exotic fruits via internet companies that deliver to your home is expensive.

I organized a raw potluck in my city for next Sunday, 14 June. We will be about 10-15 people plus their kids. I am keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will be nice and there will be no rain.

So, enough about myself.

I am curious to get to know you better, now.

Helen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw greetings from Germany
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 10, 2009 01:37AM

Hello, Helen, and welcome. Very nice post; keep contributing to let us know how things go for you!

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 10, 2009 07:45AM

Morning

Welcome welcome smiling smiley

Let us know how your potluck goes, take plenty of pics

Have you tried ordering direct from wholesale? works out so much cheaper!

Take care

Posted by: Helen ()
Date: June 13, 2009 04:17PM

I usually order direct, there are German mail-order companies that only sell directly to customers like

www.orkos.com
www.keimling.de

(Keimling's site is available in English, also)

Often I order with a friend and we share the postage costs. Sometimes I also order at a wholesale company together with friends, but they only have nuts, seeds and dried fruits, no exotic fresh fruits.

By the way, I am a reader of the magazine "Get Fresh!" (www.fresh-network.com). I can really recommend this magazine.

Tomorrow is the potluck and I will report about it!

Bye
Helen

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 13, 2009 04:18PM

I meant produce in bulk!!

keimling are good, resonable prices if you use those kinds of products

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables