Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Paul how long does it take to heal from UC
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 11, 2009 07:39AM

Just wondering how long it took you to heal. I was feeling great yesterday on my raw food fruit diet but today wasent as good. how long did it take. Was it over night was it a week. Hmm please let me know. You can email me I just wish to find out what you did. I did read your book but being dyslexic I just muddled up some info. Sorry

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Paul how long does it take to heal from UC
Posted by: petrichor ()
Date: June 11, 2009 11:52AM

I'm no expert- but I am currently trying to heal from a nasty crohns flare, I was having a flare from last October to April. The diet made immediate improvement within a couple of days, but I still have a ways to go. I have been eating raw for close to 50 days. A lot of it has to do with your diet approach as well. I notice when I do a lot of juice and a couple simple meals (no nuts, no seeds, low fat, proper combining, no gourmet-at all) I feel a lot better. Still though, I am having some problems. I think depending on the state of your condition and your approach to raw, it could take a while- but symptoms should at least ease up and make life easier for you in a short amount of time. I would doubt that there is any specific time that it would take to heal- as each person's disease is different and their body reacts to healing methods in different ways.

Posted by: tanawana ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:22PM

I feel you never truly heal. It's always something that will be there, even if under control with no symptoms present, you still can't eat with recklessness anymore. Far as being symptom free, you have your usual internet people claiming days or a week. In most real life cases with serious issues it can takes months, years if not more. It takes quite a bit of control and change of mindset in most cases as well as consistency to make changes.

Don't want to burst your bubble, but looking for a quick fix or even asking the question you did, tells me either your issues aren't life altering or the true healing thru raw may take a good deal of time or you may never reach that level of satisfaction and turn elsewhere :O(

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 11, 2009 01:24PM

Adding in...

also a crohn sufferer, been in remission 2 years

before I went raw the first time I was taking steroids, steroid pumps, pentasa, various painkillers every single day. Was bed-ridden at times and had to drop out of uni

It took a good 6 months for me to have truly good digestion and feel some energy return, I havent had a flare since. Eating simply and working on little amounts really helped. At first I couldnt eat much as I was so used to living on babyfood during bad flares.

I ate simply and did a lot of juicing. I eat very simple now..I dont eat nuts or seeds..a rare treat to have a spoon of cashew butter. Mostly fruit diet.

Its amazing as it gave me my life back, I could barely afford all my medication and was living no life at all!! anyways.. what I meant to say is..go for it..raw heals!

wish all the best with your healing smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 11, 2009 02:32PM

Hellokitty,

If you do a search on the Other Health Related forum, you'll come across several discussions about this, posted originally by herbalgerbals. It would really help to answer many of your questions. Good luck.

Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 12, 2009 07:39PM

Thanks everyone.

I am looking for a quick fix and now I know I have to give this time. My issues used to not be life altering but I had my first really bad flare. It changed me and my body,my joints everything. At first when I was diagnosed with UC I thought it wasn’t that serious. Thats because I only got blood and mucus occasionally, but then it hit me and I realized if I cant find help now then I will never and I will deteriorate. I know that my reckless days of eating are over and if I eat the way I used to UC will just come back with a vengeance. Ive never been on pred. Or 6 mp. Ive only ever taken the pentasa. I know that in future this may be different.

I hope I can make this work, but your right I cant look for a quick fix this time round. Im afraid Im a very now now now person. I guess this is God saying you have to wait this time.

Posted by: wendysmiling ()
Date: June 21, 2009 12:45PM

I have a friend with Crohns and watch her suffer all the time. It started when she was 13 - she's 50 ow. She has an ostomy bag, is on three different steriods, Remicade, a ton of other meds. So often she is in the hospital. She does not eat raw. I saw Paul in Tulsa last weekend. It's amazing how raw has helped him.

There is great hope for you. It perfectly natural for you to want things to work Now..Now...Now! That doesn't mean it will all be fixed right away with no flares, but you will START healing right away. I have a a different gut disorder and I understand the wanting things to be fixed right away.

If you can... try to focus on the fact that your body is healing more every day, and focus love to yourself and your body. I know it's all to easy to focus on the frustration of not being totally well, which is a stressor to your body and your Crohns.

I'm so glad you are here. Sending healing thoughts your way.

WendySmiling in Oklahoma
www.16weeks2health.blogspot.com
12/17/10.......240/155/125

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables