Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Free raw food ebook
Posted by: thehulaqueen ()
Date: July 29, 2006 03:33AM

Hi everyone,

A group of us decided that the world needed a free raw food ebook to pass the message and get people excited. So we did one. Over 40 people took part and shared recipes, stories and more. It grew and grew into something magnificent.

You can download your copy at [ebooks.raw-pleasure.com.au]

It's completely free - share as you wish.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Free raw food ebook
Posted by: Lorretta ()
Date: July 29, 2006 04:01PM

Hi Sheryl,

I came back to the board today looking for inspiration, as i have been ill for a while and lost my raw food way!

I just downloaded my copy.

I want to say a big thankyou to all that took the time to put this book together.

just made the light and tangy lemonade, so simple and tastes so good.

The tabouli looks scrummy, im going to try that tonight.

Think i found my inspiration, already feeling back on track.

big hugs to you allsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/29/2006 04:01PM by Lorretta.

Posted by: Jen Rose ()
Date: July 29, 2006 05:13PM

Thanks for sharing your ebook! I downloaded it and I'm very impressed with the layout, pictures and recipes! Very cool.

Jen Rose

"You must first unlearn the lies, and then you will have room for the truth"

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: July 29, 2006 07:27PM

Oh, Sheryl!

I was so excited and grateful to all of you for created such a resource, and downloaded it and....I cannot open it. I'm on a Mac, and .exe's don't work on Apple computers. Darn! Is there any way you can print it to PDF and I can have that?

Thanks, Greenie

Posted by: jackie ()
Date: July 29, 2006 10:28PM

OMG!

What a FABULOUS ebook!

You all put so much work into this - I'm astounded by the beauty, content, and professionalism of the book!

Thanks!

I'm reviewing it right now for dinner...

Date: July 30, 2006 05:04AM

Thank you everyone for the feedback - we are so excited to share this with you all.

Jen Rose, I am willing to format this an an ebook for MAC's if someone can suggest a good MAC ebook program. I just haven't found one yet. ANy ideas?

Cheers,
Sheryl

Date: July 30, 2006 05:17AM

Is there anything wrong with Adobe Acrobat, putting it in PDF format? Most ebooks for the Mac are distributed that way.

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: July 30, 2006 08:51AM

PDF format is the way forward then people on any computer system can view it, including PC, Mac and Linux/Unix.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Posted by: atman ()
Date: July 30, 2006 03:16PM

waiting for the pdf version of it

BoraBora LoveJoy
a visiting goddess

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 30, 2006 05:43PM

I've just had a little time to take a look at your ebook. Wow. Thank you all so much!

~Kathleen

Date: July 30, 2006 09:51PM

Hi everyone,

I'm going to bask in the glow for a while, and get back to some official work projects. I will look int the future into doing a MAC version, but with work, a trip for my sisters wedding and some other projects it's not going to happen right now.

Check it out at a friends house, at work, or at an internet cafe if you're interested.

I'm so glad you areall enjoying it - it makes me very happy to know!

Cheers,
Sheryl

Date: July 30, 2006 09:54PM

Ok, so is there anyone on this list who has downloaded the ebook and would be willing to print to PDF and share that with the rest of us? That should create a PDF file that can be viewed on all computers, simply with 1-2 clicks.

Thanks!

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: July 30, 2006 11:07PM

Yes, pdf file please, I can't access the e-book. Thanks!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: July 30, 2006 11:14PM

A MAC version is not avaialble at this time. You are free to distrubite in it's current form, but the book in it's entirety is copywrited in its current form and should not be altered.

Thank you for your understanding, and I will work in the future at getting a MAC version available.

I just want to enjoy the launch right now. Can MAC people please just take a peak at it on someone's PC? Pretty please? *smile*

Cheers,
Sheryl

Posted by: khale ()
Date: July 31, 2006 12:50AM

Could you walk me through it greenie? I'd be happy to do it but have no idea how. I don't have a printer up and running, but I don't that you mean to print out a hard copy anyway, or do you?

~K

Date: July 31, 2006 12:59AM

Khale,

Thanks for your offer but thehulaqueen, who generously made this available to the group, has asked that it not be altered. I think we should respect her (or his) wishes and be appreciative of the gift that was given. I'm sure a Mac version will be produced in good time.

Just FYI, on Mac machines now, and I assume many Windoze, you can simply choose 'Print to PDF' from the Print Dialog in any application. Then your Word, Excel, etc. document prints into a PDF file instead of a postscript file to your printer. But please don't do that with the eBook. Please let's respect thehulaqueen's wishes and just be grateful for her gift as it is.

Thanks again for your offer.

Greenie

Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 31, 2006 06:47AM

Thanks so much for making this beautiful and loving book available. I will definately be using the ideas and recipies.

Does anyone know if this can be read by an e book running on a palm device.
I would soooo love to carry this book around with me to assist in meal planning!

Thanks again

Date: July 31, 2006 08:46AM

Hi Raw Blue!

It's run on a PC based computer program, and I don't think there's an ebook reader / palm equalivant of it yet. Good idea though!! I love the idea of taking something like this out shopping! How cool would that be.

Maybe next time.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: July 31, 2006 11:57PM

Is there anyway to read it online (I know some ebook stores have a webclient version thingy)?

Otherwise, it looks good, from the pictures on the web page anyway. If you ever get around to releasing a non-PC friendly version, please let me know. As for the format, PDF (or postscript) would be great. I might be able to get access to a MAC, if a MAC client comes out, but PCs are right out.

Ian.
Microsoft is the software equivalent of over cooked junk food.

Date: August 01, 2006 12:32AM

I can't access the ebook (firewall or some other problems in my network). Could you possibly make it accessible in some other form as well (on-line, for example)?

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2006 12:33AM by rawgosia.

Date: August 01, 2006 05:34AM

Lorretta - what goes into the Lemonade that U made????...
i'm on Mac...so am curious but can't access it....help!

LOVE & BLESSINGS, Basia

Date: August 01, 2006 09:17AM

Gosia,

Do you have access to a PC now? I can make a zip copy of it for you to download instead. I know many firewalls do not allow exe download.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Date: August 01, 2006 10:49PM

Hi Sheryl,

Thanks so much. I was able to download the exe program, but when I try to open chapters from 2 onwards from the book, it won't let me. The message I get is:

"Registering eBook. .... eBook Pro could not contact the server. This could be caused by firewall/proxy or antivirus programs you are using."

???

I may have to use some expert advice lol!

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: August 02, 2006 03:25AM

Gosia please see the answer I posted in response to your other post:

[www.raw-pleasure.com.au]

It's an easy fix - its just your firewall preventing a newly installed program from accessing the internet.

Cheers,
Sheryl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2006 03:26AM by thehulaqueen.

Date: August 02, 2006 04:01AM

Sheryl, but I did modify the firewall settings to accomodate for the new program (it is now in the list of those programs that the firewall leaves alone). ???

Gosia

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: August 02, 2006 10:48AM

Gosia and I are working on this offline and will update any of you having the same problem when we find a solution!

Cheers,
Sheryl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables