Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

weight balance
Posted by: Hellokitty ()
Date: June 12, 2009 07:18PM

I know it is probly too early to be happy about my change in breakfast but I am so far. I ve been eating a pure fruit breakfast for 2 days I haven’t noticed a weight difference. When I first went on raw foods I really did notice it with in 2 days. I hope this means this will work for me. Yes its too early to tell. Also avocado and sea salt yumm.

Im now scared to go and see my nutritionist. She wrote a really bad letter to my GI doctor when I told her I was trying this.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: weight balance
Posted by: pakd4fun ()
Date: June 12, 2009 07:50PM

Maybe you can learn to be your own nutritionist and dump her.

I lost a lot of weight when I started a high raw diet and even more when I went to a high fruit one. I am looking so much better now that I have gotten a lot more muscular. Exercise is a big part of keeping my proportions healthy. My actual weight hasn't as much to do with how I look as where I put it.

Posted by: EZ rider ()
Date: June 12, 2009 08:03PM

Hellokitty

avocado and sea salt yumm

If you want to lose weight you may want to cut down on the sea salt and any other chemical salt that is not part of a plant because the chemical salt retains water.

Date: June 12, 2009 08:21PM

EZ rider I want to stay the same weight. This is really how I look in the photo below. I don't think I want to be any skinnery than I am. thanks for your advice though. I always appriciate it.

Also maybe for my nutritionist i should tell her Ive been eating at Micky Ds that might make her happier. She is going to hate my raw foods.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 13, 2009 02:07PM

pakd4fun,

Interesting that you are more muscular.
This shows that you dont need protein,protein,protein...like traditional thought would say.

hellokitty,
If your nutritionist doesnt like raw food concepts,its the wrong dr. for sure.

I think on raw your body will find the weight it wants to be...but not in 2 days.

Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/13/2009 02:09PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 26, 2009 02:59PM

I have been following your thread and have a question about weight loss. I have been 85-90% raw food for 2 months now and not lost an ounce. I don't exercise much. If I eat cooked it is a pork chop once and week and a bun with butter (my two favourite foods) What am I doing wrong. I need to lose a lot of weight.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:30PM

magdala,

If I were you, I would go totally raw. In your cooked meals, you are still eating foods, like pork and bread, which are full of toxins and allergens. If it cannot process them out quickly, your body stores these in fat to protect your other tissues and organs. Perhaps you need to eliminate any remaining bad things to see a change in metabolism?

Have you tried cutting out gluten-containing grains and all animal products yet to see if this helps? I'd say, replace the pork and bun with something vegan, like beans and pilaf, with a lot of cooked vegetables, and maybe limit the fat in the raw foods you are eating[you don't specify what this part of your diet consists of] and see if you don't feel better. Good luck.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 26, 2009 03:39PM

magdala its hard to say whats going on with you without you really telling us what makes up the bulk of you diet, even raw you can eat very high fat.

also are you exercising? smiling smiley

even if you eat all raw all day and then an uncooked unvegan dinner you can blow the whole day

i would suspect you are taking in a far more calories then you need

a sample meat,starch,veg,fat dinner could net you 75% of your daily calories in one fell swoop quite easily, so here you could be eating good all day than blammo sink yourself with a heavy dinner then couch surf till bed and then all that food all day long just works its way into your fat stores

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/26/2009 03:42PM by Jgunn.

Date: June 26, 2009 04:34PM

I think I am ready for the 100% raw and live with the cravings for a short time. Worth a try anyways. Ty[ically I eat strawberries for breakfast with a cup of green tea - lunch 2 bananas, 1 apple, 1 orange and green tea - supper salad, cuke, tomatoe with wee bit of low fat dressing - night snacks 1 orange, 2 bananas, raw crackers w/ lots of flax seeds w/gr. peppers or tomatoes, couple of brazil nuts, green tea. If I eat a pork chop it would be once a week and usually one bun with butter once a week.
Guess I have to exercise I get very little sitting on the computer all day for work and tv watching at night while I stitch.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: June 26, 2009 06:58PM

Magdala, sounds like you did a good bit of self-diagnosis!

Yes, I think it's a good idea to try 100% raw and see how you do. smiling smiley If 100% is too hard right now, try steaming some veggies when you really get the urge. Think of the poor little piggy that had to die to give you that pork chop! How about an extra handful of nuts instead? There are lots of good raw alternatives to a bun with butter. If you can afford a dehydrator, maybe you could make your own Essene bread and spread it with avocado and tomato. Yum!

By all means, exercise! Maybe start out with taking walks and find a good book on stretching. Try to increase your walking distance. And if you really want results, get an exercise CD to follow that incorporates some work with hand weights.

This is a total lifestyle change, and you will love it!

Date: June 26, 2009 07:00PM

Thanks for all the advise and encouragement. Home from work soon and a new me all raw and walking.
Magdala

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 26, 2009 08:46PM

Yes, they literally are babies when pigs are killed. 6 months old. It's horrifying for someone who respects life.

Good luck!! Good job on the fruit. Try to limit the nuts, crackers, and green peppers, as I don't think those are digestible.

Date: June 27, 2009 10:16AM

magdala,

Im new at this but i beleive this to be true. I didn't start out at 100% raw, the only meat i ate was fish, which is the only meat I can digest. The thing I am finding this week is that i feel less and less like I need these products. I beleive your body ajusts. Like today, I don't feel like I have to have fish, I don't need it.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables