Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

haha another one
Posted by: evolve ()
Date: June 16, 2009 08:43PM

Got another question guys: where do you go grocery shopping? Obviously you want to buy all organic stuff, right? Do you trust chain grocery stores such as Krogers, Randalls, HEB, etc, or do you suggest purchasing from places like Whole Foods and health food stores? I read that the very best option would be if you could buy fresh produce dirctly from farmers or farmers markets, but what about people who have very little availability of such places? Thanks again.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: haha another one
Posted by: lawofattraction ()
Date: June 16, 2009 09:04PM

i always like to support small or large health food stores. i find the vibes there much more "healthy" than big commercial chain stores.you can find more "concious" people in hfs and everyone has a common ground.you can meet a new friend there too!of course , whatever your comfortable with!

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: June 16, 2009 09:07PM

I go wherever is walking distance since I choose to be car-less.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 16, 2009 10:54PM

"RusticBohemian" Andrew had a very good blog post about this a few months back. Hope it helps.

[www.raw-food-health.net]

Posted by: Sundancer ()
Date: June 17, 2009 03:40AM

Rustic's blog post is good. My list:
1) My partner and I grow whatever we can. It is becoming a livelihood -- we have grown from gardens to a 9 acre farm at this point and are trying to harvest as close to year round in Massachusetts as possible (we're a bit obsessive).
2) Other local farmers in the area, including farmers' markets, u-pick orchards, bartering.
3) the local co-op. My partner works there and I do member hours, so we get the maximum discount (over 20% off everything, including sale items). We also love the social atmosphere of the co-op.
4) Whole foods, etc.
5) I'm learning what to forage around here. I snack on lambsquarters and dandelions in the spring, and fall is mushroom season in the woods.

I also used to operate a wholesale buyers' co-op where we split cases of whatever. Once my friend and I discovered four scorpions in a case of bananas we were splitting in the living room where our seven young kids were playing. I also waited out in the boondocks on the side of the road at 4:30 a.m. every other week for years, because that's the only way we could get the distributor's truck to within 45 minutes of where we were -- we were a little remote. It was an adventure.

Organic has been my top food priority for 30 years.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables