Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blood Test Results
Posted by: suzie08022 ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:08AM

After living raw for almost three months, I am finally seeing some results. Everything I was told on this group has proved to be true so I am so glad I followed your advice and didn't give up.

When I first began, I knew I was eating too much at night, too many nuts, too much fat, etc, but I was coming out of years of bad habits. Everyone said that in time, my body would make the adjustment and I just noticed in the past several weeks that I am satisfied with the food I am eating, don't struggle with strong cravings, and have tremendous energy.

For weeks I didn't lose weight and someone suggested I read David Wolfe. I discovered that what it looked like I was dealing with was metabolic syndrome from years of bad eating habits and yo yo dieting. Finally this month I started to lose weight and am down ten pounds! I am so thrilled.

I'm having my hip replaced on Tuesday and had preop blood work done last week. Today I got the results and my doctor was thrilled! After years of severe hyperlipidemia, my triglycerides are down from over 500 to 204. Normal is around 150, but my doc said not to focus on that. He felt the drop was fairly dramatic. And since my diet is almost 70% carbs that could contribute to the slight elevation. He felt it was fine.

My ldl was down from 210 to 119. I just could not believe it. Although my hdl is below normal at 46, I think once I am able to exercise again after the hip surgery, hopefully that will improve, too. The combined reading was 194.

I can't tell you how grateful I am for this forum. I probably spend too much reading the posts, but without them I would be isolated in this lifestyle. My husband, who likes white and brown food and is very suspicious of anything green, had a smoothie for breakfast and ate half a head of cauliflower with coconut oil and nutritional yeast on it for lunch today. I think that is amazing!

Thank you all so very much, for all your support and patience and acceptance.

Suzie

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blood Test Results
Posted by: life101 ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:02AM

Suzie, A heart-felt congratulations!!! That is so great. So glad for you, your health, and your husband. May you have continued amazing health. Therese

Posted by: kwan ()
Date: June 19, 2009 01:38PM

Congrats, Suzie! That's wonderful news.

Sharrhan:

[www.facebook.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:12PM

I am so happy for you, Suzie! Keep on doing what you are doing--we all want you to enjoy vibrant good health!

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:24PM

awsome suzie keep up the good work !! smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: June 22, 2009 03:47PM

Tomorrow is my hip replacement; I opted out of going to inpatient rehab because of the food situation! I will be fine for three days post op with fruit and veggies that my husband will bring for me; but in rehab, I wonder what the nutritionist has in mind? When I went for my first, although I requested a vegetarian tray, what I got was wonder bread with margarine and mac and cheese. I wasn't able to eat a thing while I was there. Thank heaven for veggie trays from our local convenience stores.

I am all set with 'bread' I dehydrated and froze and tons of fresh stuff. All my husband has to do it throw it in a blender.

Here's a question. If it has been covered before, I apologize. How long will 'fresh' veggies and fruits hold their nutrients? I bought a giant bag of spinach at Cosco three weeks ago and used the last of it in a smoothie this morning and it was fine. It had a little of that sweet smell that vegetables get when they are getting ready to die, but nothing was soft. The bag said it was preservative free.

Thanks again,
Suzie

Date: June 27, 2009 03:05PM

HI, so I had the hip replacement on Tuesday and was back home by Thursday! I stay up in room for a few days because I'm only supposed to do stairs once a day and there isn't anything fun down there.

I didn't have any trouble staying on the diet while in the hospital. A friend brought me a bag of cut up fruit and I have been subsisting on that. I lost 800 cc's of blood in the OR, but my hemoglobin only went down to 9. I am taking iron for that.

My daughter in law went to a health food wholesale place near where they live in Atlanta and got me giant box of different kinds of raw bars, dried fruits and all kinds of raw nuts, etc. I could hold up here forever right now.

My doctor said he was surprised at how healthy my bones were and attributes it to all the green leafy veggies.

Looking forward to making myself a smoothie this afternoon.

suzie

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 27, 2009 09:16PM

sending you lots of love and healing thoughts i hope your recovery is speedy smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: ROIRRAW ()
Date: June 28, 2009 11:28AM

Likewise! Wishing you light and healing suzie.

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: June 28, 2009 05:40PM

Love hugs and healing
ffx

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: June 28, 2009 08:48PM

hi suzie

thanks for the update
what great and beautiful newssmiling smiley

u r really positive
thus your recovery will be speedier
cool your husband ate some cauliflower and green smoothie
way to be a powerful influence smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 28, 2009 09:34PM

Get well soon! You're a trouper!

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: June 30, 2009 12:55AM

Congratulations on the wonderful news. That's just the encouragement I needed to hear right now! Bless you and God-speed on your healing and recovery.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 09, 2009 08:23PM

Thank you all so much! Its just two weeks now, I am off percocet and we walked around Cosco last night for a whole hour, me with my handsome husband and my walker. I did feel a little old ladyish. Oh well. They have some phenomenal fruit there right now, giant cherries that are like eating small plums, local blueberries for us here in NJ, and other berries.

I have had a few slips in the past week; cooked rice pasta with a jar of organic sauce and something else I don't feel strong enough to confess to! But I got my Irish moss, raw cashews, and for some reason TEN pounds of buckwheat groats!!!! I guess I forgot that I had ordered them from Barry Farms and got five from the local health food store. If anyone wants any, send me a message.

As soon as I can stand fairly steadily without the walker, I want to try that delicious sounding Key Lime Pie that mmmveg posted a while back. the cookbook, Raw Graditude arrived from Amazon so I am anxious to non cook again. The spirit is willing but the body is weak....

Thanks again to everyone.

Posted by: plainlydressed ()
Date: July 09, 2009 09:35PM

I'm so happy for the update! That is WONDERFUL news and we're all so thrilled for you. You've been encouraging to me today especially, because I was fighting some very strong cravings for really BAD food (after talking to a girl at work about a little sticky-bun shop in town here that makes the best sticky-buns to die for - LITERALLY !! *LOL*). So now I'm craving something hearty and crunchy and chewy, so I might go round up a hand-full of nuts to stave off that craving. Thanks so much for sharing your journey with us, because it is such an inspiration and encouragement.

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
—Thomas Jefferson

Date: July 09, 2009 10:16PM

Aren't nuts the best!!!? They do satisfy so many cravings. Thank you for your reply, it is so amazing how much better I do when I am keeping up with the forums.

Suzie

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables