Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Parsley in the Smoothy
Posted by: boysenberry ()
Date: June 19, 2009 12:03PM

Okay, so I have been making green smoothies for dinner for a tad over a week now, and the last two days the greens have been parsley and romaine.

Should I not use parsley in my smoothy? It seems to have some gelling property that makes my smoothy congeal. What is going on? Or is it the romaine?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Parsley in the Smoothy
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:10PM

They both have a lot of fiber. Just add more water. I like parsley in my smoothies because it adds a clean taste, and also small amounts of iodine.

Posted by: frances ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:20PM

I really enjoy parsley in smoothies. Tamukha's explanation sounds reasonable to me. If you're adding tons of fiber you may need more water to keep it "sippable". Fruit contains more water than greens, so if you're using a lot of fruit you may have less need for added liquid, but I usually add some anyway.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:30PM

hmmmm for some reason i seem to think that it wouldnt be the greens in the smoothie congealing ...

what sort of fruit are you using in them ? last year (blackberry season) i was using a tons of blackberries and got that same kind of congealy type thing going on ...

my old hippy friend told me the natural pectin in the fruit was most likely causing it and not to worry an just suck er' back lol

shes a pretty wise lady , and the idea seemed plausible smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 19, 2009 03:41PM

Yeah, pectin, Jgunn, that's right![slaps hand against forehead]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables