Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

sleep trouble
Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 21, 2009 09:43AM

Hello raw budds,I am very new to the lifestyle and doing well but I am having trouble sleeping and was wondering what may help(before I would have warm milk withhoney) are there any foods that may have compuunds thas have a sim. effect?Suz all4greens

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: sleep trouble
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 21, 2009 12:59PM

Maybe an herbal tea?

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: June 21, 2009 02:32PM

I know that Valerian root is the sort of traditional raw cure. Also: avoiding eating several hours before bed will help. Good exercise during the day will help with sleep at night. Avoiding drugs and stimulants like caffeine, nicotene, alcohol, etc., should also help normalize sleep. Some sun during the day might also be helpful. Just some tips.

[en.wikipedia.org])

-David Z. Mason

WWW.RawFoodFarm.com

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2009 02:32PM by davidzanemason.

Posted by: all4greens ()
Date: June 21, 2009 02:53PM

Thanks , I will try the valerian root, since I am not a puffer, drinker(maybee 6-7 glasses of wine a year), or an drug user(except advivl for monthlycramps witch I hope will ease with raw)Is there anything besides fruit that I should try to avoid before bed?(I try not to eat past 7:30p)Suz

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 21, 2009 04:40PM

i find having a hot bath , followed by deep intense concentrated breathing while lying in bed to really help

what i do is breathe in slowly through the nose to as full as capacity as i can take ...hold it a few moments then release it slowly through the nose pushing out as much air as i can holding it for a few moments, try not to think of anything but your warm breath coming into your body ..then out ....

after about 10 minutes of this i am so much more relaxed and generally dont even remember falling off to sleep

it really helps me alot to calm my racing mind which seems to race 24/7, plus i think it saturates the blood a bit with added oxygen .. as i tend to be a habitiutal breath holder throughout the day lol this is a good thing winking smiley

i hope you find a solution, insomnia is a beast for sure!

good luck Suz smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: rawdanceruk ()
Date: June 21, 2009 04:54PM

might sound random but how close to bed are you eating??

that always keeps me up

if I am restless I tend to write down bits.. or go for a walk then come back. enough training means I am usually ready for bed by 10!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables