Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

I lost 36 lbs!--plus a ? for others who've lost wt
Posted by: rawblue ()
Date: July 30, 2006 11:02PM

Hello all

As of this morning, I've lost 36 lbs since going raw in Feb. I am now officially not "overweight". In celebration, I purchased a small cutting board and a very nice folding knife to travel with so that I can have some nice things to work with when eating raw on the road.

I had previously lost over 100 lbs using weight watchers and and converting to a vegetarian diet, but am so thrilled that I have found this raw lifestyle to give me a feel of permanence in my journey in health.

I've had two kids (both via C section) and am 44 years old.

The last time I lost weight, I still did not lose the "extra flab" of stretched skin and such around my middle (though admittedly I did not sit at an optimal weight for more than about 6 months). I am kinda hoping that being raw, my skin and subcutaneous tissue has a better chance of flatting out. I work out very regulary. I am a martial artist. I do well over 100 crunches per week, plus other abdominal workout exercises--lack of muscle is not the issue.

Anyone else with experience to share---good or bad? I often toy with the idea of surgery, but hate the idea of cutting my body without good reason. Also, there's lots of other things I'd rather spend the $$ on.

Thanks so much!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: I lost 36 lbs!--plus a ? for others who've lost wt
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: July 30, 2006 11:45PM

I lost some weight when I first went raw, and I had some loose skin around my belly. Over time, my body reabsorbed all this extra skin. If you want to lose the skin rapidly, try going on a supervised water fast for a week or two.

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 01:48AM

I've had two kids. I've lost weight and am now down to 105 lbs, and my flab is still there, too. I never knew what to do with it either.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: July 31, 2006 02:01AM

Hey Rawblue,

I can't wait to lose weight. I have just started on the raw way of life and am feeling better already.

Erin Marie

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: July 31, 2006 09:45PM

Hi, I've lost most of my baby flab too, but I still have my empty baby sack. I had 2 c/sections and a normal(??? OUCH!!) delivery.

I have a home made tummy tuck, I tuck it in my knickers! Much cheaper than the knife.

No matter how much is reabsorbed over time, mine will still be a wrinkly mess, as the late Paula Yates said, after the third kid you can wrap your belly round you like a sari! I had a flat tum after the first two, but the last one weighed
10 lb 4oz and did irreparable belly stretching, he was worth it!

Oh, don't get me on to the empty milk sacks......
I kinda like the African curse..'May your breasts remain young and pert...'

Well done with the weight loss! Forget the surgery, just don't look down!
X Anna

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables